• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
premature votes removed..

saw the new trailer in front of watchmen last night, and i am very disappointed with it. it takes all the cliches from the recent prequel phenomenon putting too much emphasis on nostalgic love for the characters to make them more than what they were. bah, rebellious young version of classic character needs to "step up" and be the hero he was destined to be blah blah fucking blah.

it's bullshit writing when with golden glasses one looks to a backstory of an established hero and then fills it with retarded comments by all supporting cast for him to be remembered/a hero/champion/whatever.

bah!

...rebellious young version of classic character needs to "step up" and be the hero he was destined to be blah blah fucking blah.
Oh dear. :(

That doesn't sound too good.

Hmmm... I just viewed the trailers at: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

Oh dear.

Oh dear, oh dear.

Trailer 1 had me interested. Trailers 2 and 3 look terrible. The cast look ridiculous and it looks like a sci-fi slant on the latest teen drama.

Actually, trailers one and two didn't do much for me, but I actually loved trailer three. This is coming from an admitted Trekkie. My opinion is lightening a little on the film - I'm starting to kind of dig that they're doing an alternate timeline where they can basically start anew. I don't know, maybe that's what we Trekkies need - a reboot right in the ass, so we can all stop bitching about sticking to canon. We need a good Trek film, with good Trek ideas - this movie might actually provide that.

Who knows? Either way, I'll be first in line to see the movie.

they could work wonders with the established canon. they just need to work a new formula. the crew & ship one is very stale imo.

i'd welcome a DS9 like change.

To be honest, I get the feeling that they're trying to market this as a kind of Kirk Begins, but oh well--I still plan to be there opening weekend...

I am looking forward to it big time....it may bomb, but I'm approaching it with optimism. I'm not wild about the look of the technology being so radically different from tacky trek, but mehh, what are ya gonna do? It's not the end of the universe..

I've just got back from a private IMAX screening of this. Phenomenal reboot to the trek series. There's just the right amount of everything in this film to make it absolutely spot on. The CG sequences are beautifully done and the story is engaging. Easily the best sci-fi film of the year so far.

Saw it this morning at the cinema & smiled away to myself all the way through it because I loved every minute of it. As Tenchi says, there's just the right amount of everything & although not entirely non-stop action, there was always more than enough to keep you going & interested. I thought all the characters were well cast, especially Zachary Quinto who was fantastic as Spock & can't help thinking that the whole film was based purely on how perfect he would be playing the role. JJ Abrams probably took one look at Quinto & knew exactly what he was gonna do next.

It's been quite a while since I enjoyed a movie so much & I never even looked at my watch once.

I geev eet a 5 stars!!!!

the trailer was a definite no, no and no for me

it had "cheesy hollywood story, but american teenagers will buy it" stamped on every frame

i'm a good customer for entertaining movies, but this looks like it would get on my nerves

i'll go look at the stars again instead

do they explain why kirk in the year twenty three something something is wearing 2008 air jordan xx3's which could not possibly survive that long?

Hahaha, let the floodgates open for all the sci-fi dweebs & comic-con poindexters to hate it for the sake of hating it. It's fucking Star Trek for gawdsake! Exactly what were you expecting from a revamp of one of the biggest franchises ever? :D

remember that scene where spok is playing a xylophone and hits the same key twice but it produces two distinctly different tones? what was that like a magic xylophone or what? :D

Five stars--not as in "Oscar-worthy", but as in being a superb effort in the context of the series. Though I admit that I don't like it quite as much as Wrath of Khan or First Contact, it's still superior to every film in the series besides those.

Without giving away any spoilers: everybody in this movie does a good job in following up the original cast, especially the new Spock. A surprising dose of humor keeps the film from burying itself in conceit, and the F/X are amazing for any film--almost sublime at moments.

Recommended for Trekkies and the uninitiated alike, though the former will appreciate some of the more subtle in-jokes.

^ ok wrath of kahn and first contact are obviously superior(being facetious cause ive not seen the new film...but those are my favorite two star trek movies)...but saying its better than all the other ones...shit man. guess ill have to see it! I usually avoid things like this (prequel/remake) so it doesnt poison my view of the series/movies/whatever as a whole in any way.

I guess i cant be too disappointed since im not a huge TOS fan, i love it, but im really into TNG ;D

what i really want is some DS9 style stuff in the movies like impacto said. Denzel can be Sisko. yeah.

Just got back from this sordid mess. I guess it's worth seeing, and it has a cool opening, and cool idea's; but the plot really sucks, and the whole movie just sort of moves all over the place.

Leonard Nimoy and Zachary Quinto kind of help salvage some of the movie; like a passing of the torch. I don't really get why they had this inexperienced kid actor no ones heard of play Capt. Kirk. At least get someone who is surer bet. Pine played the part ok but was just kind of dispassionate; very unlike kirk of the old days.

The special effects cut into the story some, and some scenes just don't really make any sense. I couldn't comprehend why so many trekkies supported this movie. I saw people in costumes and such; clapping in the the theatre. And I'm asking myself why?

I've been watching (seriously) since about jr or senior year of high school. I caught on really late, but its been about 7 years now. What I always loved about star trek was it's dynamic cast of characters, and its ability to make you think . . . It was kind of like star wars, but more cerebral. The first star trek movie, The Motion Picture, I watched just the other day. I found it boring, and it made me tired, but I liked it much more than this pile of crap. At least the writers/director really tried to capture a fascinating idea (that seemed more like a novel) on film.

I don't know, maybe I will learn to like it more. Perhaps the next one will be akin to "The Wrath of Kahn" which was very good. Like I said though, it's still worth seeing for a few scenes and Leonard Nimoys final appearance

If you go read Roger Eberts review, I think it's exactly how I felt about it. . . . .

And I've been following Star Trek since I was a kid. This movie fucking rocked. Think I'll watch it again.