Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: inglourious basterds

rate it

• Total voters
I've been looking forward to this!

Nothing like a good Tarantino flick to make you smile and cringe.

should be good.

although the trailer doesn't look much at all like the original movie's premise, now does it?

honestly, I have watched this trailer about 15 times in the last two days.

each time I watch it I get even more excited about this film. for risk of sounding ignorant, I think Tarantino is driving away from creating good movies to creating fun movies (not saying that the two can't be intertwined).

Eli Roth's character looks like one of the best. apparently, he runs around killing Germans with a baseball at and they think he is the Golem (Jewish mythos) or something.

"each and every man under my command owes me 100 Nazi scalps... and I WANT MY SCALPS!"

For once, we finally agree. But, I have faith that this movie will kick much ass. I never judge a movie by the trailer anymore. I've been burned by far too many awesome trailers of shitty movies.

I don't have much faith left in Tarantino. I'll go see this in the cinemas but I'm not expecting much.

He should really focus on something with a little more substance to get his reputation back. If he did something of the caliber of Reservoir Dogs/ Pulp Fiction between every bullshit, yet entertaining, Kill Bill/ Dusk till Dawn flick - then I wouldn't mind so much... But he's rapidly going downhill.

Every project seems to get stupider than his last.

There is a spelling mistake in the title, for fuck's sake.

so when did Film and Television get horribly pretentious?

don't you all like spaghetti westerns here? are you all not in love with the Dirty Dozen? have you all not loved and watched all Sam Peckinpah movies and loved them? I suppose not...

sure Reservoir Dogs is one of my favorite movies of all time, however, Quentin is obviously doing movies he wants to do now. as a fan of fun, violence, and exploitation - I like the direction he is heading in. I live in America, we don't really care about substance anymore.

it's incorrect spelling but i doubt it's a mistake.

i'm just glad he didn't spell it with a "u" ;) :D.

look, despite the tacky hitler in the trailer, this still does look to be a lot of fun to watch, just like all other tarantino works.

I meant to say (intentional) spelling mistake.

don't you all like spaghetti westerns here?

No.

are you all not in love with the Dirty Dozen?

No.

have you all not loved and watched all Sam Peckinpah movies and loved them?

Some of them are okay I guess but I don't think he's a great film-maker. I liked Straw Dogs.. That's a Peckinpah flick isn't it? He's one of those cult directors that everyone is supposed to like.

Besides which he (Peckinpah) has never come out with anything as retarded as Kill Bill or Inglourious Basterds... so I don't know why you're comparing them...

I cannot wait for this movie to come out. I was a little eh, when I saw that Eli Roth was going to be in it, but his character actually looks pretty fascinating. I especially dug his odd glare/grin/totally demented stare thing, he had going on in the trailer. The Hitler character was a little iffy, (NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN!) but I'm still giving this total benefit of the doubt. Stoked!

BasterdPitt2Sm.jpg

poster

Who the fuck voted? You can't vote: the movie isn't out yet. Stop judging movies from the trailer, or because you don't like the director. And even if you don't like Tarantino, you can't deny the fact he's a very talented director with a lot of style, which is becoming rare nowadays.

I think this movie will be a great entertainment, well-written and fun. And violent, of course. Oh yeahhh.

Does anyone else get tired of WW2 movies? It's like if Hollywood ever needs to make a quick buck, they just dust off the tired old "EEEEEEEVIL Nazis get killed by righteous Americans" shtick and off they go.

Just worn out on it, personally. I'm also worn out of shitty Tarantino movies that people only watch because it says "Tarantino!" on the trailer and people are hoping against hope he can get back to fine form with his earliest movies. Which is never going to happen....

I will see this for a good time and because i like to see how Tarantino develops with each new movie he brings out.
Look forward to it.