Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: house of 1000 corpses

rate this movie

• [IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG]

• [IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1

• [IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i1

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Tech Kinetics said:

Beautiful Mind copied PI, it was the same exact plot with the same exact idea except with a few alterations. PI came out 3 years before A Beautiful Mind with rarely any hype.

Okay... did you even SEE Pi? If so, did you pay ANY attention WHATSOEVER to the movie?

The only, I repeat ONLY similarities between Pi and A Beautiful Mind were the main characters being crazy mathematicians. Pi was about a man who discovered the key to the universe hidden within a seemingly endless equation. A Beautiful Mind was about a schizophrenic man hallucinating government agents and smarmy British men.

I bet you are one of those guys who saw Pi a couple times but had absolutly NO idea what it was about, but still reviewed it as a great film. I call it the "Lynch Effect". Most of David Lynch's films are BEYOND confusing. As a result, people are too afraid to admit they didn't get it, so they call it "art" and talk about how profound it is.

Donnie Darko, I can't even begin to tell you how badly I think of this Low-Budget film.
They used special effects that were taken straight from the movie ABYSS.
Patrick Swayze and Drew Barrymore were used to hype up the film, getting people to actually rent it. They had no involvement with the main characters. It was like they were just there.
And finally.........The plot was stolen from a combination of 2 movies - Final Destination & Stir of Echoes both which came out 2-3 years before Donnie Darko
--Nuff Said!

Again, you may have SEEN the movie but you failed to pay attention to it. Drew Barrymore was the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of the film. She could have given herself the role of Donny if she wanted. She was not used to hype up the film, although I agree that her character was, for the most part, useless. Patrick Swayze actualy had a decent character, the self-help guru who KNEW he was preaching lies and false hopes. He was everything Donnie was not. He gave Donnie's character someone to loathe, and other weaker characters someone to love. Kind of a false prophet making a buck off of those too stupid or too blind to realize the truth.

This movie had nothing to do with Stir of Echos or Final Destination. By no means am I saying it was a great movie. Petersko said it best, "it passes off obscurity as depth". But your arguments haven't a leg to stand on.

Just because two movies might have one or two similar plot points does NOT mean they are rip-offs of other movies. Hell, by that logic, Pi, Stir of Echos and Final Destination are all rip-offs of many, many other movies.

Adios,
Steve

Lingo said:
Okay... did you even SEE Pi? If so, did you pay ANY attention WHATSOEVER to the movie?

The only, I repeat ONLY similarities between Pi and A Beautiful Mind were the main characters being crazy mathematicians. Pi was about a man who discovered the key to the universe hidden within a seemingly endless equation. A Beautiful Mind was about a schizophrenic man hallucinating government agents and smarmy British men.

Don't contradict yourself, it's very embarrasing to your public image.

Everything you said in the above paragraph were in BOTH films.
In PI, Yes the main character also hallucinated and the Government was after him as well. Replace the smarmy British army with the Holy Jewish army and guess what??? You have a STOLEN IDEA!!!!!
Maybe you should watch the movie again.

"Patrick Swayze actualy had a decent character, the self-help guru who KNEW he was preaching lies and false hopes. He was everything Donnie was not. He gave Donnie's character someone to loathe, and other weaker characters someone to love. Kind of a false prophet making a buck off of those too stupid or too blind to realize the truth."

^^^

That's pretty much in every movie.

"This movie had nothing to do with Stir of Echos or Final Destination. By no means am I saying it was a great movie. Petersko said it best, "it passes off obscurity as depth". But your arguments haven't a leg to stand on.

Just because two movies might have one or two similar plot points does NOT mean they are rip-offs of other movies. Hell, by that logic, Pi, Stir of Echos and Final Destination are all rip-offs of many, many other movies."

^^^

Yeah why don't you name every movie that ever came out while you are at it!

I'm not saying that Donnie Darko had anything to do with other movies besides the fact that they have stolen ideas for the film.

Just admit it, Donnie Darko is a low-budget rip off that has stolen the ideas of Final Destination & 12 Monkey's <-----The movie that I really forgot to mention!

The whole thing about time traveling and going back in time to prevent something or change something that altered the future has been used!!!!

Go out and rent 12 Monkey's & Final Destination, you'll change your mind quickly about how you think about Donnie Darko again.

Trust me!

Movies do NOT get better than this

Holy F'ing Christ......where do I start??

The evil love child of Natural Born Killers and the Rocky Horror Picture Show filmed by the Texas Chainsaw Massacre for viewing on the Internet by David Lynch?

I swear, this is the greatest movie ever made. Yes, it pays homage to a ton of movies, but that's half of what makes it great.

Karen Black has to be the hottest 63 year old woman in the history of the world.

My only complaint? Not enough Captain Spaulding. I defy you to name one movie with a character like Captain Spaulding in the history of horror movies.

When I first heard that Universal refused to release the movie because of it was too disturbing (this was the same week that Hannibal was tops at the box office) - I was sooooooo tweaked to see it.

It lived up to every expectation I ever had of it.

Cheesy? yes.
Bad Acting? yes.
Depraved and goes out of it's way to be offensive? Yes
Fucked up camera work and director edits? Yes
Senseless? Yes.
Disturbed and Twisted? Yes.

Great BECAUSE of all these things. Yes!!!

If anyone here really digs horror movies, you know most of the CLASSIC/HIGHEST regarded movies, are CHEESY, thats one of the major appeals of horror movie, its cheesy gory FUN.

That's a strong generalization based on your individual preference. When you say "highest regarded", I think of movies like "The Exorcist" and "The Changeling". I would argue that neither of these are cheesy, even thirty years later.

I would include Evil Dead I/II/AOD among cheesy movies, but the only people who regard these highly are the rabid fans. I happen to very much enjoy these movies, but they aren't really horrors except in the most generous of definitions.

I watched it last night, it was fantastic, everything I wanted and expected from Rob Zombie. That "Property of Lions Gate films" text did piss me off a tad tho =D

I watched this last night, and although it wasn't "great", it was entertaining.

It wasn't scary in the sense of making the audience afraid, it was just more of a gruesome movie that made you say "Oh fuck!" every few minutes. I definitely think Rob Zombie is on to something, and he has a good sense of what a good horror movie *should* have in it, but I think his energy was mis-directed in this film.

I'd like to see him do a horror movie that is SUPPOSED to be scary, not a cheesy rendition of a cheesy horror movie. The best thing about it was the hot blonde girl!

Rob Zombie LIVES for that cheesy 1950's style horror. Look on the booklets on any White/Rob Zombie CD. Most (all?) the artwork is done by him, and has pretty much the exact same feel as the movie.

Tech Kinetics said:
^^^
Were these the same reviewers that thought that Donnie Darko, Blood Work, Darkness Falls, The Haunting, Space Cowboys, and a Beautiful Mind were great movies???

I can't speak for the others, but Donnie Darko and A Beautiful Mind were
amazing movies. Donnie Darko is in a class by itself.

Note: I thought Event Horizon was an AWESOME horror movie. I think that was released in the past 5 years.

Watched it on the weekend, must say I was pretty impressed. Extremely graphic and very amusing. Tiny fucked a stump!!!=D In the right state of mind you laugh your arse off. (^^The joke in the special features):)

Tech Kinetics

you can espouse your opinions as loudly as you wish, they're still just your opinions. the same goes w/ the people who disagree with you. jesus how old are you?

that being said i'll tag all opinions in this post with a nice big 'O' just so you know which sentences not to freak out about;)

Just because movies have common themes, doesnt mean that one is a rip off of another [O]. Drew Barrymore was the executive producer of Donnie Darko. It's not as if she and Swayze were added to appeal to a mainstream audiance[O]. Donnie Darko is an unbelievable piece of work. [O]

Beautiful Mind was at least partially based on a real person's life. Additionally, the main focus of the movie is his schytzophrenia (sp?) not his all encompassing final theory.[O] I dont see very many similarities between Pi and Beautiful Mind but i liked both films.

House of 1000 Corpses is not a movie i would've ever sought out. I absolutely hate the blood and guts shock your parents heavy metal horror genre. I was coerced into watching it by Squeeze the Shamman and was ....well not suprised, but certainly delighted. Some very funny parts combined w/ some absurd characters made a pretty entertaining film [O]. Splatter movies that are short on plot and long on gore and campy value arent gonna really wow me, but i really did enjoy this movie.

got it there skippy

this thread's been dead for a while but i finally saw this movie and i must post about it.

first of all, i'm a huge rob zombie fan. i read about him working on this film years ago, and i was surprised when it actually came out. i was expecting your typical horror movie with more gore. this film was just fucked up. i really can't describe it any other way. the imagery, the ideas, the characters, everything was twisted. brilliant.

oh, and that chick was really hot. she can be as annoying as she would like, as far as i'm concerned.

I'm going to have to agree with whoever said it was retarded. While I appreciate some of the visuals Rob Zombie used, and I thought that one girl was hot, I didn't think there was anything special about this movie. I guess I didn't like how it felt like at all times the film is kind of winking at itself, in the same way "Scream" did a while ago.

I'm a big Rob Zombie fan too. While I liked the movie, I got the feeling that it could have been better. I think it had to be toned down or else it wouldn't get released through a film company.

to those who liked the movie: did you watch the edited, "movie theater" version or the unedited, "director's cut" DVD? i suspect there is a large difference between the two...

i saw the movie in theaters awhile back. i knew the movie was not intended to be scary, but gory. i am also familiar with rob zombie's art (videos, music, cd booklets) and twisted sense of humor. furthermore, i understand that much of the movie was edited and toned down for the censors to allow it an R rating.

yet, i thought the movie was a huge let down after the hype about it being the ultimate in cheesy/campy horror movies. i found the acting to be worse than expected, the plot was slow and lacking much devolpment not to mention a lack of gore. the characters were interesting but flat. the entire movie could be described as very one-dimensional.

perhaps most of these plot and gore issues are due to extensive editing. i am willing to give the DVD a shot if anyone thinks it would be worth my while.