• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

FILM: Black Swan

Rate this movie

• Total voters
No, the film wasn't that subtle. I just like comments dissing Michael Bay. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I put aesthetic perfection pretty high in my list of what I get out of a film so other 'flaws' don't matter as much to me. Also, have you seen other ballets? They're not known for the subtleness. He was trying to make the film like a ballet. Something I think he did extremely well.

Yeah look if I liked Ballet I'm sure I would have loved the film, but as I said in my first post I don't, so I didn't. Aronofsky is a genius (every other film he has made I give 4.5-5 stars) and I got the impression he was trying to recreate a Ballet on film. He probably did a wonderful job too at creating a homage to the world of Ballet, but that doesn't make it a good/great film. Films should transcend their subject matter at least a little bit IMO.

eg.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335013/

^Although not being a favorite of mine, Robert Altman's ''The Company'' comes to mind. While clearly not as polished and dazzling as Black Swan, the characters are at least complex and believable enough to maintain my focus despite my relative disinterest in the subject matter.

5/5 - Best film I've seen in the last 12 months. Still getting goose-bumps just thinking about it the following day =D

(I do kind of agree with the "subtle as a Michael Bay film" comment though ;) )

Just saw, and loved it. It was beautiful, I took Cassel's character saying that he wanted to recreate Swan Lake in a different manner as a hint towards the films actual meaning, an alternate take on Swan Lake itself and after finishing it I believe that to be the case. It was intensely dark and full of despair yet so rich in its aesthetic and artistic beauty... Don't really know what else to add, I didn't really have any analytical comments after watching it which is very unlike me... My friend agreed and said 'it is what it is' and I think that is all the analysis the film needs.

And Darren Aronofsky is still my favourite contemporary director :)

Just saw, and loved it. It was beautiful, I took Cassel's character saying that he wanted to recreate Swan Lake in a different manner as a hint towards the films actual meaning, an alternate take on Swan Lake itself and after finishing it I believe that to be the case.

thank you

Just saw it this afternoon. Awesome acting by Portman. The movie overall kept me very tense. Barely relaxed the whole time. I'm not a huge Aronofsky fan, but I think this'd be my favourite movie by him that I've seen.

anyone else think Ms. portman doesnt look nearly as hot in this trailer? intentional, or is she just getting old? she is almost 30

I've always found her rather plain, but I think she actually looks better with age, and I think she'll look fantastic in another 10 years. She'll make a nice cougar ;)
Mila's gorgeous, but I don't think she'll age as well.

You don't know anyone like the mother character because there is nobody like the mother character. It is a silhouette, a caricature: a one dimensional depiction of a multi dimensional person.

haven't bothered to read this thread!

I WILL AFTER MY POST!

i absolutely LOVED his movie!

i am the black swan!

^
hmm ive been wanting to see this...

looks popular, but not reading comments.
just wanted to comment...
hahah

you are the blackswan

lol

you are grandiose, i think its great.

awwwww!

you are so sweet! good to eat?
that's fruit! you are what you beat
what you consume
what you prune
what you garner from the rune!

lol

oh my brother.
i do not spread my verbiage lightly
spread thick enough to leave you cornered and frightly
while you try to spit you just yawn,
while we speaking of this swan
else where with 2 turntables and a microphone?
then the tongue would be on

you keep me in a swoon
but come high noon?
i must stay true!
the black swan unites
with the white,
she gives no fight!
i've held my first 'til 3
she knows what that means!
the pm, you see?
for me?
she gives me nine hours!
count the clock down, have a shower!
relax and reinvigorate!
but can you wait?
my love never dies
my passion never fries
are you my white swan?
hold the lies!

eh, this moive was a 3 star. i enjoyed the girl on girl action. :)

the ending sucked.