Votes: 6 13.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
this... is.... SPAAAAAAARTA!!!!!

Fuckin badass eyecandy.

so i'm drinking last night, and fancyfresh can't keep her fucking eyes open for any kind of film, so after she took off to bed i watched a bootleg copy of this.

maybe it was the liquor, but i really couldn't see anything special in this film whatsoever. it's a special effects run non stop action film which extends it's run time by initiating plot developement that has little or nothing to do with the main focus of the film.

Liquor always fucks up movies for me. Kill bill 2 for instance I thought sucked ass the first time I saw it and I was drunk. Plenty of other movies too. Alcohol (to the point of intoxication) is real touchy with me, sometimes a crappy movie can seem awesome and sometimes an awesome movie can suck...

This was really a let down. While the action scenes were all solid, anytime there wasn't blood flying on the screen, the audience suffers. Everyone painfully overacts, the script is badly written, and the film simply doesn't work outside of those fight scenes. Boy, they sure are stylish though.

2/5 stars.

Good grief you people really know how to fuckin pick apart a movie... 8(

I'd like to see what some of you consider a great, or even "good" movie.

^^

Gladiator and Braveheart both come to mind as considerably better movies. I wouldn't call either of them "great" either. You need to raise your standards.

^^ Maybe you need to lower yours.

This was a badass action flick. Plain and simple. Why do people have to over analyze it like its some film school project?

Its a big budget, popcorn and candy, action movie. None of this should be a surprise to any of you.

What else could one expect from this movie in regards to plot? Its an exaggeration of a story that wasn't that complicated or mind blowing in the first place...

actually, its complicated and thrilling enough. Something tells me your only frame of reference for the story is 300, plus some faint remembrance of High School World History.

liberty4a.jpg

That was a great read, so was the Herodotus that was used as a primary source.

Read the post again. I'm not knocking popcorn movies. Some of my favorite movies are summer blockbusters (Alien, Aliens, Patton, Braveheart, Diehard, Indiana Jones, Batman Begins, Sin City). If you want to resort to being anti-intellectual, that's on you. Its pretty obvious you'd rather do that than cop to admitting that plot and characterization aren't important to you, and that you're really only interested in special effects, and oiled man chest.

Vitality said:
^^ Maybe you need to lower yours.

This was a badass action flick. Plain and simple. Why do people have to over analyze it like its some film school project?

Its a big budget, popcorn and candy, action movie. None of this should be a surprise to any of you.

What else could one expect from this movie in regards to plot? Its an exaggeration of a story that wasn't that complicated or mind blowing in the first place...

Gladiator had an awesome plot to go along with the action. 300 was nothing but just senseless killing and repeating of cliched motivational speaches stitched together. The movie had a lot of potential, but it was never used. The grim and dark settings were great; the highly romanticized outfits of the persians were great; but the story and battle choreography was shitty as hell.

You can say the story was exagerrated therefore lacking a proper plot, but they could have at least put a little more thought and creativity on some of the battle scenes, seeing as that was the only real substance in the film. I mean common, the elephants slipped off a cliff. A rhino got stabbed in the eye and died. Could they have come up with better and more creative ways to slaughter millions of persians, giants, and huge animals?

omg! a major motion picture is finally going to be showing at sydney's IMAX!

now i'll definitely see it in the theatre

You mean... they're not showing an interesting 25 minute documentary about the ocean?

Have the shareholders been informed of their recklessness?

sure there's no real story, but what shareholder can pass up a chance to see a pec the size of a bus or a nipple the size of a vw?

one-dimensional characters, countless cliches, and vaguely offensive.

but it was still engaging, making it difficult to get bored. it didn't try to be too much, and there was some excellent CGI (and some bad CGI too). what was with all the Gladiator ripoffs? or was it homage? ah, the quiet peace of a wheat field...

The quiet wheat fields are the Ellesian Fields (sorry about the spelling), it's where hero's go after they die in Greek mythology.

shit i thought this was pretty dope movie. good action, the visuals were pretty sick also. the queen was hot. shit had alot goin for it. entertaining... 4 stars. needed more of the queen. and the narrator i could've down with out. would've gave it 5 then.

went to see it the other day- thought it was ok but nothing special- had i been stoned i think i would have gotten more out of it

Pretty good. Watched this last night in the theater with the family.
PS. Nipples FTW

How did I know before I clicked on your post that bare man chest (or are we talking about lil' pink oracle nips) was going to be in the offing? ;)

The narration was atrocious. While cool visually, the movie just threw itself over the top and stayed there eliciting laughs from me for almost the entire second half of the film.

If I was still 10 years old this would probably be my favorite movie.

Macho macho men.

I saw it a little while ago.

I have to say that while I went in expecting to see a no brainer action flick celebrating all things bombastically male, I didn't quite expect it be such a no brainer. I honestly did walk out of there thinking, "Was that supposed to be propaganda, or are they really just that stupid? Or was that just really stupid propaganda?"

In order to celebrate everything heterosexually macho white male, is it necessary to make all other groups in society look ugly, evil or weak? Not that it was offensive at all, too silly to be offensive. Just made it kind of lame.

Beatlebot said:
Iis it necessary to make all other groups in society look ugly, evil or weak?

don't forget black!

persians are apparantly blacker than a moonless night behind iron blindfolds buried deep underground