• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Few questions about IV Heroin

This forum is full of people who enjoy iv'ing dope, no need to make someone feel bad for doing it. If they wanted that they could just go ask their parents or the cops. Sometimes people just want to try things for whatever reason thst may be. Im sure 99% of the time they know the risks and critisizing them over it and just telling them its bad and other things they already know is not doing anything except sounding like their parents. They came here for help on how to do something proper without screwing it up and dieing and they are now here asking a few more questions trying to make sure they get their desiered effect but dont do somethjng bad or overdo it and end up dead and all you guys can say is just dont do it because you can be addicted and end up dead and shit? Im sure he already knows all of thst and didnt come here for people to sound like his parents but he came here for some advice on drugs and doing them proper and not dieing from going off of misinformation. God forbid not everyone wants to be clean or wants to quit. A lot of people want to actually do drugs and escape from their shitty lives for awhile and just need some advice on how to use their drugs properly so they dont fuck up and maybe they dont have anyone else or any friends they can go to for that advice so they came here expecting help. I think it is better to help these people rather than be their parents and only tell them not to and reasons why they shouldnt, etc... They will do it either way, whther you teach them some proper techniques and they get it done right or you dont tell them anything but not to do it and that its bad and they end up guessing how to and they fuck it up and die. No need to be a dick to someone though just becsuse he wsnts to get high and escape life for awhile and just needs a little advice. Sorry not everyone wants to be sober and think that the sober life is the only life worth living.

^^ there is a big difference between thinking everyone should be sober and trying to give a touch of reality to help an 18 year old on the verge of getting lost on the needle

is there such thing as an opiate with legs? I know there are thins like fent but what is the longest lasting opiate/oid out there?

is there such thing as an opiate with legs? I know there are thins like fent but what is the longest lasting opiate/oid out there?
How about methadone? It's actually an opioid but same difference!!!!

^^ there is a big difference between thinking everyone should be sober and trying to give a touch of reality to help an 18 year old on the verge of getting lost on the needle
I'm not getting "lost on the needle". I used to smoke H several times a day to the point that I would forget entire days. I don't even remember taking half of my final exams, I thought I'd missed school or something and had to retake them. I have questions to make sure I'm using safely or not in danger occasionally, and bluelight seems to answer those questions. Every single thread, as a result of my previously trying to quit using, I'm told that I have to stop and need to quit again. I just want the questions answered.

Please, guys following my posts, if I'm not asking for help stopping I beg you do not pesture me that I have to quit. I will eventually, I'm even trying to take a small break soon, but none of that is relevant to the questions I asked.

There are 100 posts of people all saying the same thing to him, if he was going to listen to it he already would have... No need to keep avoiding his questions and keep telling him the same thing that last how many people who replied have said. Why dont people just worry about their own business and just answer the questions he asks which are just trying to learn how or what to do properly without hurting himself.

No one's avoided his questions hell I answered them. He needs to quit while he's ahead and it can not be said enough

No one's avoided his questions hell I answered them. He needs to quit while he's ahead and it can not be said enough
This is true taco did answer my questions, and I'm really thankful for that, thanks taco.

Here's the thing though, I've already heard that I need to stop and how I have a problem in just about every thread I've made. While i had my withdrawal thread going it was helpful, relevant, and I really needed it. At this point though i know all that stuff, I know I should stop and everything, but I don't need to keep hearing it in every thread, I just need answers to my questions. When the time comes that I wish to quit for good I will surely seek help. I have many resources, BL, friends, even that psychiatrist. But it has to be my choice, and I'm sure it'll come eventually, but hearing it over and over hear honestly has no effect on me. I'm literally writing this while fighting a nod just because I feel that it really needs to be saidb and it proves my point. It's also taking forever to write this but I digress. Point being, I'll seek help when I truely want to quit, but I'm the only one who can actually decide when I want to quit, nothing said here will stop my current desire to use. I just want to use safely and, if something happens that isn't urgent yet possibly harmful, like me missing the shot in my arm.

Dude I'm a little drunk so I'll answer your questions as best as my state will allow. If you are getting hives or bumps it could be from missing part of your shot or it could be a histamine reaction. Also once you start IVing your tolerance develops rapidly and each subsequent use will be less pleasurable then the previous. I'd never run the needle in the same vein if possible try to rotate injection sites because if not your veins will harden and callous. Also more times then not if you OD you will lose consciousness and quite possibly stop breathing though sometimes you can be awake and conscious of the fact you've taken to much and realize you are about to go out(hope that makes sense)
Man please be careful. I'm not going to preach to you because I didn't want to hear it either but keep asking questions and make ths dangerous habit as safe as you can. Hopefully you will live long enough to want to quit it!

Apologises in advance if answers are not cohesive with your questions, it's early, and I haven't had my coffee yet.

1. I prefer snorting to IV. Like you, IV dose only gives ne a rush for like 5 minutes and in an hour I start getting runny nose. Snorting last me a hella lot longer. When I get in a nod, I do stupid things like download crap on my phone from it being in my hand. Other night I dowloaded Foghorn Leghorn pics. Lol. I also get the muscle twitches that are so intense at times I wake up with a jolt and the remote will be a few feet away.

2. Make sure you clean the injection site prior to IV. When you're injecting a foreign irritant in your veins you're bound to have a histamine reaction. This can also happen when you're trying to inject in a smaller vein, or by not removing what you tie off with before pushing the plunger in. I've only had the rash/itch happen twice and it was gone within minutes.

3. OD...not everyone nods to unconsciousness, some can physically be alert in the process of OD. I'd have to explain what I've witnessed with that. Because I fear OD, that's another reason why I don't IV much. I can OD snorting, but I can take away quick, with IV you can't. Please don't IV alone, or mix other CNS depressant drugs.

4-5. If I IV, it's only once that day and in the morning. (i only IV like 12 times a year if that). That's the best shot , IMO. The problem with redosing is that you plateau, then everything after seems like a waste because you can't acheive that high or that feeling anymore after the initial dose. That's why they call it "chasing the dragon". If it's a snorting day, I'll dose a nice fat line that morning and two smaller doses afternoon and night to keep withdrawals at bay, not to get high.

Veins - Try not to wreck your veins. Four times a day will increase to more and more until you'll be out of luck in a few weeks. Don't go in the same vein twice per day. Try snorting for the other doses instead of IV. Remember, those veins have to last you a lifetime. Try not to use your hands or feet. I'm a firm believer in filtering well, heat before injection, cool after injection, fluids, rotating and rest. I could go on and on about the veins, but I'll stop here.

Withdrawals, yep. Shame you broke your sobriety streak, but it's your choice. Because you're using so much so fast, those withdrawals are almost positively going to hit you.

Being a harm reduction site, yes, you're going to get advice not to use. You can't kick a member, who's watching you riding the train to hell again, for wanting you to stop while you're ahead.

Let me start by saying I'm not here to judge you,

but out can I just say that you are so young to be doing this, you have ur whole life ahead of you, the people on here arnt pestering you to quit, many bluelighters if not most of them are or have struggled with addiction including me. We just don't want to see a young life wasted because of heroin, keep it to a casual if you feel you have to do it, cos withdrawals arnt fun, an the longer you take then the worse they become. You don't want a life on methadone, it's not fun at all, standing in front of a pharmacist knocking back an awful green potion everyday just so you can feel normal, having to put your morning visit to get it before anything else. Not to mention having to have weekly therapy just to get a script for it, drug tests, you will then definitely be getting pestered and people putting their noses into your life wether you like it or not.

now I know how good it feels to use opiates, I done it on a daily basis for almost four years, not heroin, but the amount of opiates I took was equal to over a bag of h a day, I'm 30 and have the rest of my life ahead of me, that's why I got help, everything I mentioned above I have to go through each day and it's not only embarrassing but soul destroying.

Im glad that you're gonna have a break, and that you're not buying another bag. Hopefully you won't get much withdrawal and u are able to stay clean. You're young, have a job which is good, don't ruin it just to chase the h on a daily basis. The society we live in right now means that everyone looks down on junkies, you will not stand a chance. I'm not lecturing you sweetie I'm just concerned. If you do carry on taking them please be careful, you're doing the right thing seeking advice on here. I'm rooting for you.

good luck xoxo