• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Few questions about IV Heroin

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, I'll start by saying please, please stop posting in my threads telling me I need to stop using and get help immediately etc etc. I just need my questions answered so I can continue to use in a safe fashion and with less worry. I know I need to stop and its bad for me, I'll get to that when I feel that I need to. Whatever you say I've already heard, so just...please don't. Thanks. :)

Alright here it goes...
So I started IVing heroin the recently, and perhaps I expected a little more than I got, but I also can't find much information on it. I hope you guys don't mind but I'll just number the questions to make it easier.

1. Whenever I'd smoke or snort enough heroin to nod I'd be able to nod for a good 2-4 hours and have a very good time. Whenever I IV heroin, I get a rush in around 5 seconds, and then start to nod very intensely. More intense I could ever get from smoking 3x what I IV. It's so intense to the point that I'll drop my phone or whatever is in my hand and be physically incapable of typing (as evident in one of my previous accidental posts where I tried typing and hit post accidentally as I dropped my phone) or doing much of anything. I love it, its what I aim for, but with IV there are absolutely no legs to it. It only lasts 30-45 minutes, and after the first hour I feel generally sober albeit drowsy. Is this normal? I heard that what fentanyl was like, but it's only for IV...

2. Sometimes when I IV I get a rash around the puncture point. This seems normal, but what's odd is sometimes I'll get a massive hive/bump either surrounding it or several inches away from it. At first I thought it was just me missing the vein, which I have done and it's usually sore if that happens, but often this giant hive/raised skin isn't sore at all. It feels just like it would a hive from an allergy so that's the only way I can explain it. It doesn't worry me though because it goes away after 15-30 minutes. Just curious if anyone else gets this.

3. I've IVed 4 times today in the timeframe of 3.5 hours because IVing it the high lasted such a short time for me. The doses each time were 65mg, 20mg, 30mg, and 45mg. I nodded the first and fourth IV, but like I said only for a very short amount of time. The second and third time I didn't nod, but I was wondering...is it possible to OD without nodding/passing out? I know an "OD" on heroin is really just from respiratory depression, which I feel like isn't something that could happen if I was conscious, but I couldn't find any specific information on this.

4. Considering how short the rush/high lasts for IVing dope, and assuming that's normal, does the rush/high become less and less with each consecutive IV (like how I IVed several times in such a short time)? And if so, how long before I can experience the full rush and high again?

5. How often should I switch veins, and can I reuse the same vein just up/down stream from the previous injection or is that still bad for it?

6. And lastly, I just came from being clean for like 36 days and I've already used 4 times today (5 as I plan to use tonight as well). Do you think I've already jump-started the process so that if I stop I'll go through withdrawals?

I'm really sorry for all the questions, but I couldn't find answers for these specific questions online.

Last edited:
1. Yes you will not get that long lasting effect.... Legs isn't long time nodding, but long time before w/d set in, which is long after returning from baseline from being "high"

2. Sounds like allergies or histamine release take benadryl or another anti histamine.

3. Technically you are overdosing every time. You can fatally overdose either right away or hours after. It's not something easy to figure out when it might happen.... It happens when it does.

4. What happened to one shot a day? Redosing will lead to diminished effects even if you raise your dose, which won't get a stronger nod or anything just bring you closer to respritory depression. The best way to tell when to do your shot is to wait until withdrawal symptoms become noticeable as a big part of the rush is noticing then disappear. Shooting more and more trying to get that rush will accomplish nothing besides raising your tolerance and preventing you from ever getting the rush again so don't chase the dragon or you will get burned just wait for it to come to you and let you hop on for a ride.

5. Always rotate. If a mark is fresh move a couple cm down. Scar tissue is not cool and makes it very hard to get to your veins as well as restricts blood flow.

6. Very likely you'll already have minor w/d and soon will be back to having more severe w/d. Stop now while you're ahead.

Seriously shadow you are going down a bad road. Stop before you really regret it moreso than I'm sure you already do.

1. Yes you will not get that long lasting effect.... Legs isn't long time nodding, but long time before w/d set in, which is long after returning from baseline from being "high"

2. Sounds like allergies or histamine release take benadryl or another anti histamine.

3. Technically you are overdosing every time. You can fatally overdose either right away or hours after. It's not something easy to figure out when it might happen.... It happens when it does.

4. What happened to one shot a day? Redosing will lead to diminished effects even if you raise your dose, which won't get a stronger nod or anything just bring you closer to respritory depression. The best way to tell when to do your shot is to wait until withdrawal symptoms become noticeable as a big part of the rush is noticing then disappear. Shooting more and more trying to get that rush will accomplish nothing besides raising your tolerance and preventing you from ever getting the rush again so don't chase the dragon or you will get burned just wait for it to come to you and let you hop on for a ride.

5. Always rotate. If a mark is fresh move a couple cm down. Scar tissue is not cool and makes it very hard to get to your veins as well as restricts blood flow.

6. Very likely you'll already have minor w/d and soon will be back to having more severe w/d. Stop now while you're ahead.

Seriously shadow you are going down a bad road. Stop before you really regret it moreso than I'm sure you already do.
#1 that's very unfortunate, if it wasn't so damn efficient I'd rather smoke but all well. If that's what heroin's like I can only imagine how short fentanyl is.

#2 I've been taking Zyrtec as it has antihistamines to counteract it, which seems to be working alright so far.

#4 one shot a day was about as feasible for me as one use per day while I was smoking it. Unfortunately neither ideas held.

#5 okay, just wanted to make sure I didn't need to change the vein itself, only the location. Until now I've been shooting into the crook of my arms as those veins seem to pop the most.

#6 very unfortunate :(

Welcome to dope! I suggest chabging veins every shot, also your withdrawl will probably be back almost full force now. Fun stuff isnt it? Lol

Change your veins don't just hit the same one as the vein will be destroyed. When you come back after a rotation to a vein you use and if there's a mark go below it and in general try not to hit the same exact spot to not build up scar tissue.

Change your veins don't just hit the same one as the vein will be destroyed. When you come back after a rotation to a vein you use and if there's a mark go below it and in general try not to hit the same exact spot to not build up scar tissue.
Sounds good, thanks. I think I might just try going down on the same vein a few centimeters two of three times, then switch to the other arm, then repeat alternating which arm I use. That'd probably prevent scarring right?

You will become more and more tolerant. Technicaly if u immediately nod right after shot you are already doing too much and are at risk for OD. It is not fun being an H addict. You need it just to be normal never mind nodding. It becomes an albatross. I know you don't want to hear it but save yourself now before it runs your life and you can't even go to work with out it Bc you are puking all over yourself and look like and feel like death. The fun doesn't last long.

Just keep switching veins, switching arms, switching spots on veins, switch as much and s often as you can. Try not to hit the same spot twice in the same 2 weeks to a month atleast. I wont hit the same spot more thsn once a month and also switch to my legs also to keep it interesting. As for wd, i also suggest some hylands restfull legs, asprin, magnesium, and some multi vitamins with lots of b vitamins in them.

If you have a very casual or "new" habit you probably won't go through WD, or the WD will be very minimal rather. IME you really have to make a concerted effort of using heroin regularly, more-or-less every day (or have a substantial prior habit/experience) to get "real" heroin WD...in the early period of use you don't really get the infamous violent sickness and lethargy, etc. At least not in my experience. I'm not sure how long you've been using heroin but I'm guessing since you've just started IVing that it hasn't been that long. from my own experience, I shot and smoked heroin regularly, close to every day for the entire winter semester last year, and when I came off it the withdrawals were very minimal, just feelings of hot/cold, a little restlessness in my extremities and the junkie sniffles :\ Only lasted for a few days.

But four shots in less than four hours? That doesn't sound right. A shot of good dope should be able to hold you over for an hour at least...

^ yeah im with you, a good shot of dope usually lasts atleast an hour. For me if i do a good one it usually lasts about 4 hours and sometimes up to 6. Also usually takes me 8-16 hours to start feeling wd depending on a bunch of factors like did i do benzos with it, how much did i do, how good was it, etc. as for 4 shots in 4 hours it seems its either really weak or you are just doing too little per shot. Just gotta do some trials and find out the proper mixture for a good long lasting banger fornyourself. Everyone is different.

^ yeah im with you, a good shot of dope usually lasts atleast an hour. For me if i do a good one it usually lasts about 4 hours and sometimes up to 6. Also usually takes me 8-16 hours to start feeling wd depending on a bunch of factors like did i do benzos with it, how much did i do, how good was it, etc. as for 4 shots in 4 hours it seems its either really weak or you are just doing too little per shot. Just gotta do some trials and find out the proper mixture for a good long lasting banger fornyourself. Everyone is different.
Two shots were medium-large, two were small. I've since found a good IV dose for me (70-80mg for this batch).

I think my tolerance is rising (in only a couple days)? Shot 90mg and 15 kminutes in with no nod or even a kslemi-nod. Typing is still possible for me so it hasn't hit me too hard yet considering it's the most I've ever done. How long after the first shot could redose, or does it not really matter? It'd probably only be 20mg to hopefully help me catch that nod. Or will it not increase the high and only the CNS depression?

Last edited:
Okay well it had been like 50 minutes so I shot another 30mg and actually got a really nice rush from it and feel a nod cool coming, I assume because I already have 90mg in my system, or at least what's rest of it since it's been an hour. Anyway, I'll let you guys know if it works or not (If I don't post later it means I probably did too much and ODed, but I'm thinking happy thought)..

Also as I've had more "practice" at IVing and hitting the veins / registering successfully (twice per shot to be safe :)) the first time every time now I no longer get that histamine reaction so I was probably just doing something wrong..

God damn those pictures are right, once you start IVing heroin, or any drug for that matter (I assume at least), it isn't just different in effect but it brings your addiction to a whole other level. I mean yeah, when I was smoking it I'd smole H once, twice, maybe even three times a day if I had time. Tonight though, I did my first shot at 10pm. Then another and another and it's now 4:30am and I just did another shot. I don't think I want to buy another bag for a while after this one is finished haha.

You end your post with a ha-ha as if it were something to laugh about, but you're not taking this problem you're recognizing seriously. Right now that you are high you don't want another bag, but as soon as your last dose wears off you'll be out to get another bag before you even withdraw, which you will after the consecutive days of use you've had. Seriously striker you need help with your addiction. Seek support and stop using now before it's too late and you have heavy w/d especially compared to the withdrawals you'll have at this point.

You end your post with a ha-ha as if it were something to laugh about, but you're not taking this problem you're recognizing seriously. Right now that you are high you don't want another bag, but as soon as your last dose wears off you'll be out to get another bag before you even withdraw, which you will after the consecutive days of use you've had. Seriously striker you need help with your addiction. Seek support and stop using now before it's too late and you have heavy w/d especially compared to the withdrawals you'll have at this point.
I've only been using a few days, I doubt wd will be stronger than the WD I had from months of use.

I think its already past that point Taco. Shadowstyker clearly wants to be a junkie. Every time he posts in other threads he introduces himself saying "I am a heroin addict". For some reason this is the identity he has chosen for himself. Nothing you or anyone else has to say will change his path. He will find out the hard way unfortunately. Its been quite sad to watch his progressing addiction online. Its time to avert our eyes i think.

I hate to agree with you consumer, but I have for a while.... I just can't help myself to try to help him find the right path.

Tolerance is a bitch as well. Even if you stop for months and reduce tolerance just a few days of use not only brings tolerance back, but withdrawals. They may not be as severe, but it will be agonizing hell you will wish you listened to everyone and avoided.

I think its already past that point Taco. Shadowstyker clearly wants to be a junkie. Every time he posts in other threads he introduces himself saying "I am a heroin addict". For some reason this is the identity he has chosen for himself. Nothing you or anyone else has to say will change his path. He will find out the hard way unfortunately. Its been quite sad to watch his progressing addiction online. Its time to avert our eyes i think.
Mind pointing out in this thread where I said "I'm a heroin addict"? Oh, right, because I didn't. You're wrong, I love the feeling but the amount I did last night was, in my eyes, obviously too much and a sign I should stop. I actually missed part of my shift at work today due to it. So yeah, I'm going to try and quit again. If you don't want to be a part of it just stop posting in my threads, I did say I didn't want to hear that kind of stuff. Anyway, just a small rant. It doesn't matter what you think about where I going, I know where I'm going and want to go right now.

Taco, I'm sober right now. Still don't plan on buying another bag.