• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Few questions about heroin (probably been answered already, but fuck it)..

Because meth doesn't kill near as many people I assume. If you think withdrawal is bad off of your little baby ass habit wait until you withdraw from h. That's going to be a major eye opener for you. Man up and get off the pills before its to late.

Because meth doesn't kill near as many people I assume. If you think withdrawal is bad off of your little baby ass habit wait until you withdraw from h. That's going to be a major eye opener for you. Man up and get off the pills before its to late.

I've already read that opiate withdraws are opiate withdraws, painkiller WD's are just the same as heroin WD's as they both belong in the same drug class.. you literally get the same symptoms from the withdraws. 8)

to try answer your question, i dont think thats true.. most people understand that meth can be very harmful, will cause psychosis if used regularly. the difference is it is not physically addictive for starters.. H will take everything you have.. everyone u know and love.. and when u have nothing left to give, she will take your soul, and then, when u really have nothing left to give her, she will shit on your face and send you straight to hell.. this is not an exaggeration.
i know u will do it anyway, its all good.. go do your thing.. but at least you should know what your getting into.
i did it the first time, exactly for the same reasons. OC became OP. roxis got too expensive.. hey H is really cheap compared to oxy.. i could last on like 100 a week.. hahahah.. that lasted about half a week. that was 10 years ago.. i was spending 200 a day on H just to stay well.. and i did a lot of scams, rip offs, thefts, etc, to maintain my habit,. shit i never though i would do. waking up sick, and knowing you need to think of a way to come up with a few hundred, or u might as well be dead, is a really shitty feeling to have every damn day...
ok ok ill stop wasting my time :) enjoy junkie life

You know what, you're right.. what was I thinking? It was idiotic of me to ever consider switching to heroin, but I just want to experience that really badly, I guess.. with how romanticized it is in popular culture, it's a rock star murder weapon.. why wouldn't I want to do something people are willing to die for? Is it that fucking good? I would say to myself surely something that feels so good can't be so bad, but I am clearly wrong.. I think it all depends also on society's view on addicts, they ridicule them and toss them aside like second-class citizens.. the war on drugs also makes things a lot worse than they already are.

Same symptoms yes but the intensity is 10 fold.
You wanna do H that's your prerogative, by all means do you. Shit I did it for a year semi successfully and was lucky to get out before it was too late. This is very rare though.

Fuck it if you wanna do it then do it but don't make the mistake of belittling what is likely to be your future. If you wanna make a life changing decision like this then accept probability is against and you prepare for your adversity.

I've only ever heard great things about Philly heroin, wish I lived in such a heroin friendly area, though I'm sure any major city is easy to score some H in.. the quality of said H is a totally different question. The only two things I've ever IV'd were Dilaudid and meth, both of which I was able to walk away from without any cravings, and I'm not saying I wouldn't get cravings from heroin either.. I'm just saying from my experience in IV use with those 2 drugs, one being in the same drug class as heroin.. the way I got addicted to opiates was taking them orally every day, and even then it took some regular use to get a real addiction built, and now I'm getting to the point to where I have to take some of the higher dosages when it comes to painkillers (ones that contain APAP as ones without are currently unavailable and are quite taboo to me), so the good old smack does seem like it'd be easier on my pocket (not saying I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it, but it'd be more cost efficient in the sense that I'd be getting the most out of my $$.. I'd say $20 of heroin would satisfy me a lot more than $20 of percocet 10 mg, lol..)

Also, what's up with the whole Fentanyl cut dope thing? I've always wondered that..

If a person wants dope or other opiates they can find them pretty much anywhere.

I have lived in small towns and villages in the middle of nowhere and even there a person could easily find h/dope, oxy, etc.

Don't get into dope/H. My friends who are addicted to it have told me how it's not worth it, that it's basically an opiate high, and that a large number of people who just get curious and want to try it wind up addicted, and a lot of people overdose the first time they use it as it's extremely powerful and strong compared to low doses of other opiates.

Good luck and stay safe.

Wait a minute did op say there is such a thing as taking heroin safely? Not those exact words but that was the gist of it. That would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Maybe safer but you don't know what the fuck you are getting one bundle from the next. It's not exactly a consistent product!

The opiate pills that are available to me contain APAP, I know it's substituting one addiction for another (not really though, opiates are opiates), but it just doesn't seem to cost effective to get these pills all the time. Heroin seems like it'd be really hard to score though, but I've been reading about the dramatic heroin rise in my city, I just don't know where to fucking look. I can't just walk up to some random chap and ask if he knows where to get some gear, though ppl have been successful in doing this, it just doesn't seem like it would end too well..

But desperate times call for desperate measures, and I'm in a pretty desperate measure as I'm in W.D.'s as we speak, so I'd definitely resort to copping on the street right now.. and yes, I already know the consequences that come with heroin addiction.. I've been warned several times about this and have seen what it does first hand (to family members), but if you're familiar with how addiction works, that shit (sadly) doesn't really matter when a substance has got you by the balls. Honestly, I do wish I had never started on opiates, but you know.. all good things come at a rather large price, and opiates are the epitome of human pleasure, and heroin is the mother of them all.. also, it would obviously help with being dope sick out of my fucking mind.

How would you describe the way heroin feels vs oxycodone? What are the similarities, the differences, how can you best describe a heroin high.. in your own words, and don't use metaphors like "it feels like God is touching you", I mean physically.. what does it feel like opposed to it's other opiate counterparts?
I can't count the amount of times you make a justification for your use and why it's gotta be your way just in this single quote. You are gonna justify yourself into a fucking monster of a habit,I've been there!

Wait a minute did op say there is such a thing as taking heroin safely? Not those exact words but that was the gist of it. That would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Maybe safer but you don't know what the fuck you are getting one bundle from the next. It's not exactly a consistent product!

No, i never said there's a such thing as taking heroin "safely", but simply trying to take precautions to avoid overdose.. I am well aware in the inconsistencies in street heroin.

If you REALLY have to do it (I know you already thought about this decision but I would give it more time), I'd say smoking it off foil is best for a first timer, because the high is pretty much instant so you'll instantly know how strong your dope is.
If you can't smoke your H, snort a tiny amount, like a match head as others have suggested. You can always take more but never less. A bit cliché but so true. Also you never know there may be fentanyl or some shit in there.
Needless to say your first time should absolutely not be IV.

But please know that this decision could (and likely will) fuck up your entire life.
Thank god I have never been addicted to heroin (and still my occasional "chipping" is playing with fire, and I probably sound a bit of an hypocrite... But I wanna and have to stop soon) but I know plenty of addicts including a close friend of mine and it sucks. Ask any addict.

Maybe you won't get addicted, maybe you will, who knows, but is it worth the risk? (And to me you do sound prone to addiction from your posts, not judging you just an overall impression).
And if you decide to do it (we can advice against that and tell you how it's bad yadayada but the choice is yours only) please please be very careful. It's best to have a friend nearby just in case.
Oh yeah, and of course never even think about IV use. Every IV user tells me that starting to inject was the worst decision of their lifes.
I've seen a close friend going down that road (along with many other people) and it's not pretty.
Even if you already do inject drugs, I think refraining from doing it with H at least is a good idea.

Sorry if this sounded a bit preachy and (I'm sure it does) and if I repeat myself (I'm stimmed up right now so I am aware I can sound annoying as fuck lol) but if I can dissuade you even just a bit it's something atleast I guess.. I know it sounds stupid said from a stranger on the internet but I actually care, you don't deserve to have your life ruined.
Anyways It seems to me that you are pretty sure about your decision so start small and be safe.

Sorry again this will sound preachy but imho it'd be best to begin to think about quitting opioids entirely. Maybe not now but in the future. Think about it please.
But this is your life and opioids (especially heroin, I know it's "just another opioid" but there's more to it than just the substance) addiction is something very serious, and I'm 100% sure you know it.

P.S. I didn't read all the posts in this thread so sorry if I missed something.

Last edited:
If you REALLY have to do it (I know you already thought about this decision but I would give it more time), I'd say smoking it off foil is best for a first timer, because the high is pretty much instant so you'll know how strong your dope is.
If you can't smoke your H, snort a tiny amount, like a match head as others have suggested. You can always take more but never less. A bit cliché but so true.

But please knoe that this decision could (and likely will) fuck up your entire life.
Thank god I have never been addicted to heroin (and still my occasional "chipping" is playing with fire, and I wanna stop soon) butI know plenty of addicts including a close friend of mine and it's a shitty life to live.

Maybe you won't get addicted, maybe you will, who knows, but is it worth the risk?
And if you decide to do it (we can advice against that and tell you how it's bad yadayada but the choice is yours only) please please be very careful. It's best to have a friend nearby just in case.
Oh yeah, and of course never even think about IV use. Every IV user tells me that starting to inject was the worst decision of their lifes.
I've seen a close friend going down that road (along with many other people) and it's not pretty.
Even if you already do inject drugs, I think refraining from doing it with H at least is a good idea.

Sorry if this sounded a bit preaching but if I can dissuade you even just a bit it's something atleast.. It seems to me that you are sure about your decision so Start small and be safe.

And imho it'd be best to begin to think about quitting opioids entirely. Maybe not now but in the future. Think about it ok?
Sorry again if I sounded preachy. But this is your life and opioids (especially heroin, I know it's "just another opioid" but there's more to it than just the substance) addiction is something very serious, I'm 100% sure you know it.

P.S. I didn't read all the posts in this thread so sorry if I missed something.

Since nobody has answered me in regards to this, could you tell me what to expect on H? What are the differences and similarities between oxycodone and heroin, like physically? Please try to refrain from using metaphors as they tend to kind of just be over exaggerated a little bit 99% of the time.. I want to know how heroin physically feels (to you) in comparison to it's other opioid counterparts.

Note: I will not IV heroin if that makes you feel any better, I plan on trying to smoke it (I've read this is the way that least likely will result in an OD), but if my area generally has east coast powder, clearly I won't be able to sufficiently smoke the heroin.. so then I will snort it.. either way, I'm not going to bang the H, don't plan on it.. I know doing heroin is playing with fire in the first place, but IV'ing it, you might as well just jump into the fire.. which essentially is what you're doing.

Thank you for taking the time to construct a friendly response, btw! I really appreciate it. =D

No problem! I think you can add caffeine to #4 powder to make it smokeable. Maybe look into that.
The only opioids I've ever tried are methadone, buprenorphine and heroin (funnily enough I started aith methadone, then switched to bupe and when the tolerance was so high that I had to snort shitloads of powdered pill I started using H) so I'm sorry but I can't make a comparison to oxy. (Pretty much inexistent here in Italy, never heard of it or seen it, like pretty much every strong pharm opioid).

I can try to explain how it feels but the heroin we have here (#2 or 3 I think, not sure maybe both) is different from the one you would cop, I have no idea if the high would be significantly different. I'm also pretty sure yours would be of higher quality and thus the high would be most probably even better.

Anyway I can try to describe it without making comparisons if you want.

Last edited:
No problem! I think you can add caffeine to #1 powder to make it smokeable. Maybe look into that.
The only opioids I've ever tried are methadone, buprenorphine and heroin (funnily enough I started aith methadone, then switched to bupe and when the tolerance was so high that I had to snort shitloads of powdered pill I started using H) so I'm sorry but I can't make a comparison to oxy. (Pretty much inexistent here in Italy, never heard of it or seen it, like pretty much every strong pharm opioid).

I can try to explain how it feels but the heroin we have here (#3 I think) is different from the one you would cop, I have no idea if the high would be significantly different. I'm also pretty sure yours would be of higher quality and thus the high would be most probably even better.

Anyway I can try to describe it without making comparisons if you want.

Definitely! I'm all ears.

Heroin will feel more euphoric, stronger opiate rush, and not as stimulating as oxy.. its more of the classic opiate "downer". But if you enjoy oxy, H will quickly become your DOC.

When you first do h, without an opiate habit, it feels very similar to oxy in that you will have that slightly speedy feeling good high. That goes away with heroin, then it becomes more of a nod type, similar to a morphine high.

It is stronger than an oxy high...especially if you are doing small amounts (say less than 50 mg) of oxy. Heroin's main difference is in the strength. It's stronger than the opiates like Vicodin/Norco or Percocet that you're getting

When you have experience with the opiate culture it's very easy to spot where to go to get it, how to ask. I quit using heroin over a year and a half ago, but you can put me in any city and within 20 minutes I'll see someone who I can ask what's good--and find decent dope. But if you're clueless they also will spot that a mile away, and unless you get lucky you will probably get ripped off or robbed. Unless your city has a very organized open air market like philly had in the 90s. They didnt want to scare away customers so they made sure nothing like that went down on their block

OP I just want to correct you on one thing. You seem to have this idea that heroin wd can be compared to Percocet wd. See, yes , they are both opiates. But h withdrawal is so much worse because it is so much stronger. (And wd from IV heroin is way worse than wd from snorting). But the difference is on Percocet you're probably having some chills, stomach issues, restless legs, etc. coming down from heroin you can barely have the energy to comb your hair. Every cell in your body is on fire. You will puke and shit yourself at the same time. Sleep will be impossible for at least a week, but if you do manage to fall asleep you will wake up 10 minutes later thinking it was hours but nope, only 10 minutes. Each minute takes hours--the idea of getting through 5 days is impossible.

I had a Heroin addiction on and off over the past 22 years. I comment because if I can save someone else the pain and misery and family heartbreak by telling them what it's really like, then I will. Unfortunately it's something most have to learn for themselves.

The best advice you got was to taper down off the pill habit you have. Use some Imodium (in about 20-25mg doses to start) and step down with that if you can't taper with your drug of choice. The Imodium is an opiate that will affect only body receptors not brain. So it's easier to step down less pills per day.

It'll never be easier to get off the opiates than it is now. The further you get into opiates, the worse the wd gets. What you have now is minor. Kick that and don't dig yourself a worse hole. Good luck to you

I stopped reading after the shit show started around post 10 so sorry if this is repeat information.

St. Louis is one of those beautiful places where tar and #4 are both around, however #4 is more common. Its an easy ID. If you get tar, I recommend smoking it to gauge potency. For #4, snorting would be better. Obviously start small and titrate as desired.

Im not going to expect you to learn off others mistakes, we sure as fuck didnt. I will say that the buddy system is rule #1 when it comes to using heroin whether youre using or coping.

Definitely! I'm all ears.

I wrote a response for you while I was stimmed (bad idea) and it ended up being a huge, huge wall of text. I deleted it because re-reading it after sobering up a bit I realized it wasn't really an useful/fitting post for an harm reduction forum. I can PM it to you if you want but I'm warning you it's a very long rant.

I shouldn't post on BL when I take stims :|

I wrote a response for you while I was stimmed (bad idea) and it ended up being a huge, huge wall of text. I deleted it because re-reading it after sobering up a bit I realized it wasn't really an useful/fitting post for an harm reduction forum. I can PM it to you if you want but I'm warning you it's a very long rant.

I shouldn't post on BL when I take stims :|

Lol! That sounds good to me, mate.. can't wait to read it. I know how that is on stims though, I'd write (what didn't seem like very much), and it turns out to be 6 paragraphs, lmao!

Just dropping in to say I'm also near Saint Louis. I have no idea where I'd go to cop any smack because I'm in the suburbs though, I just know a guy who knows a guy...