• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Few questions about heroin (probably been answered already, but fuck it)..

chili

Greenlighter
okay, so I'm new to Bluelight and such, been a forum lurker here for many years.. this site has helped me tremendously on gauging my dosages with certain drugs, if not every drug I've ever done.. =D this being said, I have a query for someone to answer, or a few rather.. firstly, what's it like copping H off the streets in St. Louis? (Not asking for specific street names or anything like that), I'm just trying to take necessary precautions before going out and trying to cop drugs, trying to lesser my risk of harm as much as possible..

Lastly, when I do manage to cop said heroin, what would be an appropriate dosage? I'm 5'11, 140 in weight, male.. what would be the safest ROA? I know no way of doing heroin is technically "safe", but which ROA will have a less likely chance of overdose? (I'm not very opiate naive, I've been taking painkillers for a few years now, so I'm decently tolerant..) :\

Also, what kind of heroin would I find on the streets of St. Louis?

Assuming this question is allowed by forum policy..

No one here will help you look for drugs sorry even with your very well presented Q. As far as ROA nasal is an easy one to gauge without being to harmful to the body vs smoking IMO. Orally would be really safe, but like taking morphine. Use as small ammount as possible especially powdered dry dope. Careful around "china white" very likely fentanyl cut, which is something you should make sure the seller knows it is not fent cut as that should be easy enough to know. For black tar to use nasally mix into 0.1-0.2 ml of water (10-20 units on a 1 ml insulin rig, which you can break off the needle to squirt it up the nose while still being able to pull the water through cotton to filter out whatever junk you can to keep your nose as clear as possible).

Serriously though don't start heroin. Only use opiates to manage chronic pain acompanied by stiffness, tension, and other physical issues or sleep loss due to pain. You do not want to not only be denied access, but unable to find relief due to tolerance development due to dope. Just don't do it.

Edit: Dose assume it is the most potent possible. I bet you will end up with bloons or stamp bags vs. large pieces even if you buy a gram or ten doses, whuch if pure is much less than a gram possibly closer to 0.3 grams. Either get a three point scale and measure 0.010-0.020 grams [10-20 mg], which probably will not be enough unless totally pure. It is sold as bloons and stamps to be close to a dose per pack vs a bunch of doses to break yourself. Still start with half a stamp/bloon at most or better yet a quarter as you can always do more never less as well as I assume you lack narcan access. Really though have someone with you especially if eyeballing as you do not want to OD and die.

All dope is different though due to cuts. Two different batches can look exactly the same while one knocks you out on your ass with pins n needles the other might take a gram to even creep up relief. That is why you always assume ultra potent as a dealer will not always warn you leading to people dieing shooting four bags of a new batch not knowing it is new or ultra potent as they did not test the strength with one bag first.

Last edited:
dude .... really think it over before you decide to become a heroin addict 'willy nilly'

I've done plenty of research about opiates, just haven't been satisfied with said research.. lol, also I wasn't trying to have people "help" me look for drugs, apologize for it coming across in that manner, I was simply trying to know how to go about copping on the street in the least riskiest way.. as far as the whole people underestimating drugs, I realize that street heroin is ALWAYS cut, therefore causing incontinence in potency, thus causing people to underestimate the new batch of gear they get.. I was planning on doing match head bumps until I reach desired effects, but it's almost hard to believe that you will feel a match head sized bump.. but clearly since a great majority of Bluelight users seem to insist that you do, that is what I was going to go with..

I know the risks that come with heroin addiction, I know that it could happen to anybody that tries heroin (potentially..), 23% of people who try heroin get addicted to it, that's just short of 1/4 of all people who try heroin.. still a pretty crazy number but if you take into consideration how taboo heroin is (though it does seem like it's starting to become more and more widely abused).. I myself am an opiate addict and have been for a couple years, like I stated in the post, so I know (roughly) what to expect when it comes to heroin.. I just want a cheaper, more cost efficient alternative to my oxycodone..

EDIT: please note that I never asked where to cop drugs.. I'm set on a specific area in my mind, know where I wanna try and cop at, just wanted to know what it was like copping in this area, what should one expect when trying to cop in St. Louis, I don't want specific street names or names of ppl.. thank you for taking the time to reply and answer my seemingly ignorant questions though, it is very much appreciated, lol!

Last edited:
I don't wanna be Mr. Smartass, your life, your decisions. But I have a friend who tried heroin once. Only once. It was 16 years ago. Sometimes he still wakes up in the middle of the night and craves for it.

No one can tell you the right dosage, because no one knows the purity of the stuff you can get you hands on. That's why I prefer opiate painkillers (occasionally), because it's pure stuff made by professionals.

The human body is costantly in pain. We are getting older and weaker, our cells are dying. But we didn't feel this our mind keeps it away, because we couldn't live with that such of pain. (It's like why we doesn't feel that the is Earth moving). Heroin takes away this pain. Basically the pain of living. Nothing will ever be the same again after you felt this.

Keep those things in mind, and make your decision. Take care! :)

I'm a former IV heroin user, that obviously is an opiate addict. When I see posts like this, I wish I was at the fork in the road you are right now...and opted to detox from opiates, rather than go the cost-effective route of dope. Which by the way, eventually will not be cost effective by any stretch of the imagination.

If you must....(I'm not familiar with the streets of St. Louis though, my stomping grounds were North Philadelphia)....I can tell you about being careful with the amount you try. I had a high tolerance. Shot on average, 5 bags at a time. While everyone around me nodded out, I was cleaning. So, just about everytime, I could shoot 5 bags, same result.

And then out of left field, I "went out", woke up, more like barely came to, on the floor with the rig still in my arm. Not many times, but a handful...but it only takes one time to die. That time the dope must have had Fentonyl in it. If I were being safe about it, I should've always just shot one bag at a time. You can always do more once you know what you're working with...and od'ing on opiates (not to the point of death, just doing too much) feels horrible. Not at all enjoyable.

I would say snorting it...to start. If you've never IV'd anything, my advice is don't start. IV'ing is a whole other thing in itself. Like you, I already had an opiate tolerance the first time I tried H....so I shot up one bag the first time. Not in any way encouraging that. My IV heroin habit, that averaged a bundle to a bundle and a half a day (sometimes 2), started with 10mg of OxyContin a day-hard to believe now.

First and foremost, be safe about it always. You just never know.

Assuming you are getting ECP (powder versus tar), sniffing a match head size amount as you said is a good idea. Give it a little while to kick in as sometimes it creeps up on you. When I first started, sniffing a half bag was enough--although that was over 20 years ago and the bags were much bigger. I never weighed it so I can't comment on weight. But like a previous poster said, start with 1/4 to 1/2 of the bag and see what it does. It's hard to gauge someone else's tolerance and harder still to predict what kind of strength is on the street where you live.

Just remember better safe than sorry. And those who posted have a valid point--Heroin is a tough drug to walk away from. Sure, people tell themselves it's just another opiate. But really, when you start heroin you cross a point of no return

Assuming you are getting ECP (powder versus tar), sniffing a match head size amount as you said is a good idea. Give it a little while to kick in as sometimes it creeps up on you. When I first started, sniffing a half bag was enough--although that was over 20 years ago and the bags were much bigger. I never weighed it so I can't comment on weight. But like a previous poster said, start with 1/4 to 1/2 of the bag and see what it does. It's hard to gauge someone else's tolerance and harder still to predict what kind of strength is on the street where you live.

Just remember better safe than sorry. And those who posted have a valid point--Heroin is a tough drug to walk away from. Sure, people tell themselves it's just another opiate. But really, when you start heroin you cross a point of no return

I don't quite know what I'm getting yet as I'm not familiar with my local heroin scene, hence why I asked what is more common in my area. I'm not sure if I'd be getting east coast powder or tar, though tar seems to be kind of exclusive to the coasts (though I'm almost sure, like with any drug, you could find it anywhere if you really tried)..

I'm gonna go out to some really shitty apartments near my area and try to cop some today, i'll let you know how it goes, and if I can't for find any gear for some reason, then maybe it wasn't meant to be.. how likely is it to get ripped off in these open air drug markets though?

I'm a former IV heroin user, that obviously is an opiate addict. When I see posts like this, I wish I was at the fork in the road you are right now...and opted to detox from opiates, rather than go the cost-effective route of dope. Which by the way, eventually will not be cost effective by any stretch of the imagination.

If you must....(I'm not familiar with the streets of St. Louis though, my stomping grounds were North Philadelphia)....I can tell you about being careful with the amount you try. I had a high tolerance. Shot on average, 5 bags at a time. While everyone around me nodded out, I was cleaning. So, just about everytime, I could shoot 5 bags, same result.

And then out of left field, I "went out", woke up, more like barely came to, on the floor with the rig still in my arm. Not many times, but a handful...but it only takes one time to die. That time the dope must have had Fentonyl in it. If I were being safe about it, I should've always just shot one bag at a time. You can always do more once you know what you're working with...and od'ing on opiates (not to the point of death, just doing too much) feels horrible. Not at all enjoyable.

I would say snorting it...to start. If you've never IV'd anything, my advice is don't start. IV'ing is a whole other thing in itself. Like you, I already had an opiate tolerance the first time I tried H....so I shot up one bag the first time. Not in any way encouraging that. My IV heroin habit, that averaged a bundle to a bundle and a half a day (sometimes 2), started with 10mg of OxyContin a day-hard to believe now.

First and foremost, be safe about it always. You just never know.

I've only ever heard great things about Philly heroin, wish I lived in such a heroin friendly area, though I'm sure any major city is easy to score some H in.. the quality of said H is a totally different question. The only two things I've ever IV'd were Dilaudid and meth, both of which I was able to walk away from without any cravings, and I'm not saying I wouldn't get cravings from heroin either.. I'm just saying from my experience in IV use with those 2 drugs, one being in the same drug class as heroin.. the way I got addicted to opiates was taking them orally every day, and even then it took some regular use to get a real addiction built, and now I'm getting to the point to where I have to take some of the higher dosages when it comes to painkillers (ones that contain APAP as ones without are currently unavailable and are quite taboo to me), so the good old smack does seem like it'd be easier on my pocket (not saying I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it, but it'd be more cost efficient in the sense that I'd be getting the most out of my $$.. I'd say $20 of heroin would satisfy me a lot more than $20 of percocet 10 mg, lol..)

Also, what's up with the whole Fentanyl cut dope thing? I've always wondered that..

I don't wanna be Mr. Smartass, your life, your decisions. But I have a friend who tried heroin once. Only once. It was 16 years ago. Sometimes he still wakes up in the middle of the night and craves for it.

No one can tell you the right dosage, because no one knows the purity of the stuff you can get you hands on. That's why I prefer opiate painkillers (occasionally), because it's pure stuff made by professionals.

The human body is costantly in pain. We are getting older and weaker, our cells are dying. But we didn't feel this our mind keeps it away, because we couldn't live with that such of pain. (It's like why we doesn't feel that the is Earth moving). Heroin takes away this pain. Basically the pain of living. Nothing will ever be the same again after you felt this.

The only thing about opiates in pill form is that they come with APAP, thus causing it to be dangerous with me having an opiate addiction (because I have a high tolerance, requiring more pills), and it's definitely not safe to be taking 1000 mg of APAP every single day.. so, with that being said, heroin does seem like the most cost efficient option for me at this point in time, also if I'm safe about my use (and there is a such thing as being safe and taking precautions, thus reducing the likelihood of overdose quite significantly), then I'll have less of a risk of doing harm to my body using heroin.. my liver would certainly appreciate it if I laid off all the painkillers, I can definitely assure you of that..

Not all opiates in pill form come with APAP. Vicodin does, and Percocet, and codeine. But oxycodone (what's in Percocet) is also sold without the APAP ( very commonly). Dilaudid (hydromorphone) doesn't have APAP; neither do morphine sulfate, opana (oxymorphone), or zohydro ( long acting hydrocodone). In fact, really only the "weaker"/starter painkillers have the APAP.

Anyway, I live near Philly so I don't know what type of h your city has. I would assume powder not tar, only because tar seems to be more prevalent on the west coast or Mexico border areas.

The " it saves money" is the classic reason people switch from pharmaceutical opiates to heroin. Unfortunately what usually happens is tolerance dramatically increases... Thus negating the monetary gain....

This is simply not true. Here in the UK where diamorphine is used medically there's be aload of addict's if they had heroin in hospital and then 'never felt the same' after leaving hospital.

It's simply anti-opioid/Heroin bull shit.

Not that I'm saying to the OP to try Heroin.

Not all opiates in pill form come with APAP. Vicodin does, and Percocet, and codeine. But oxycodone (what's in Percocet) is also sold without the APAP ( very commonly). Dilaudid (hydromorphone) doesn't have APAP; neither do morphine sulfate, opana (oxymorphone), or zohydro ( long acting hydrocodone). In fact, really only the "weaker"/starter painkillers have the APAP.

Anyway, I live near Philly so I don't know what type of h your city has. I would assume powder not tar, only because tar seems to be more prevalent on the west coast or Mexico border areas.

The " it saves money" is the classic reason people switch from pharmaceutical opiates to heroin. Unfortunately what usually happens is tolerance dramatically increases... Thus negating the monetary gain....

The opiate pills that are available to me contain APAP, I know it's substituting one addiction for another (not really though, opiates are opiates), but it just doesn't seem to cost effective to get these pills all the time. Heroin seems like it'd be really hard to score though, but I've been reading about the dramatic heroin rise in my city, I just don't know where to fucking look. I can't just walk up to some random chap and ask if he knows where to get some gear, though ppl have been successful in doing this, it just doesn't seem like it would end too well..

But desperate times call for desperate measures, and I'm in a pretty desperate measure as I'm in W.D.'s as we speak, so I'd definitely resort to copping on the street right now.. and yes, I already know the consequences that come with heroin addiction.. I've been warned several times about this and have seen what it does first hand (to family members), but if you're familiar with how addiction works, that shit (sadly) doesn't really matter when a substance has got you by the balls. Honestly, I do wish I had never started on opiates, but you know.. all good things come at a rather large price, and opiates are the epitome of human pleasure, and heroin is the mother of them all.. also, it would obviously help with being dope sick out of my fucking mind.

How would you describe the way heroin feels vs oxycodone? What are the similarities, the differences, how can you best describe a heroin high.. in your own words, and don't use metaphors like "it feels like God is touching you", I mean physically.. what does it feel like opposed to it's other opiate counterparts?

This is simply not true. Here in the UK where diamorphine is used medically there's be aload of addict's if they had heroin in hospital and then 'never felt the same' after leaving hospital.

It's simply anti-opioid/Heroin bull shit.

Not that I'm saying to the OP to try Heroin.

I have noticed a lot of things said on this forum just simply in the name of "harm reduction", it's almost like a drug related site that essentially denotes drug use.. what is the sense in that? People should know if an opiate addict is going to make the ballsy switch to heroin, there's not much you're gonna say or do to change them (though you always have to try, in the name of "harm reduction", right? ;)).. I've already gave this plenty of thought and I've actually been thinking about making the switch for a couple of months now, this definitely is no spur of the moment thing.. will I regret making the decision? Who knows.. it's very likely.. but I also regret the decision of ever doing any drug, so what's the fucking difference, lol?

What's your use like?

You said you're an addict but do you mean you get opioid's on prescription and over time have became physically dependent on them or have you got a script/no script andare buying opioid's (Other than Heroin) on the streets etc to get high?

If you're an addict and your pharma' opioid's are costing too much ( I mean if you get a script then the illicit one's you purchase.) then I could see why you'd consider switching to/also using street Heroin.

Stick to smoking or snorting if/when you try it.

If you must inject then please buy SteriFilt's/wheel-filters (Micron-filters!!!) and use them for everything, not just injecting pills. Cotton is a poor unhealthy filter!

I have noticed a lot of things said on this forum just simply in the name of "harm reduction", it's almost like a drug related site that essentially denotes drug use.. what is the sense in that? People should know if an opiate addict is going to make the ballsy switch to heroin, there's not much you're gonna say or do to change them (though you always have to try, in the name of "harm reduction", right? ;)).. I've already gave this plenty of thought and I've actually been thinking about making the switch for a couple of months now, this definitely is no spur of the moment thing.. will I regret making the decision? Who knows.. it's very likely.. but I also regret the decision of ever doing any drug, so what's the fucking difference, lol?

The fucking difference is once you go the route of heroin you will never be the same again. I can guarantee you will regret it. If you are already addicted this will be the end of who you are right now because once you travel this road you will never be the same again.

We say what we say because we were once like you and have become battle scarred veterans of the drug world. There are six million ways to day but it only takes one my friend, and that is what harm reduction is about. The I am going to give you some fast and true rules about cold copping.

1.)It is best to find a friend that does it already to take you to the spot. They already know their face, and that he/she is a customer. Give her/him a bag for the service.

2.)never make a big purchase for your first time. Only bring enough money to get one or two balloons or bags.

3.)If you find a good connect, get their number. Cold copping can be dangerous

4.)never get heroin from a user. You have a much higher chance of getting something that is stepped on or being robbed.

5.)don't be a regular. Cops know what your doing, once they start to recognize your car you will get pulled. It is not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

6.)Don't use the dope you get until you get home if it is a balloon hold it in your mouth so if you get pulled you can swallow it. If its bags you are gunna need to keister them.

7.)keep your car clean and devoid of paraphenalia.

8.)have a friend with you when you try it in case you fall out.

Having said this I need to tell you the other side of it. You are at a point now in your addiction that you can stop. The heroin game is fucked up and you will deal with a lot of fucked up people and be put into fucked up situations. If you thought you had a moral compass before, that no longer exists once you cross "the line". You will know what "the line" is once you are standing in front of it. You may think you are saving money, but as crazydiamond said, your habit for heroin will far surpass what you are spending on pills extremely rapidly. In the long run this will chew you up and spit you out, not to mention it will also chew up and spit out most of the people that love you.
That is harm reduction. An older user that has been there giving advice to someone that is just starting down the path...we want you to live and be safe just as much as you want to if not more.

before I go on unless you live near me, ehich you don't.... Also knowing your area a matchhead size bump would kill you possibly. Dope out there can be really good and I am sure horrid like all the local even "hq" dope here. Serriously do not do this without a scale if you can not even understand buying it in stamp bag/bloon doses at a time or up in a bundle. I am saying way more than I should as your first response is extremely defensive and rationalized, which leads me to have firm beliefs you will rationalize regular use allowing addiction to happen easy. Still you will do what you should do and should at least have some helpful advice vs. none (Safe Sex Ed for kids or not right?). That helpful advice in the end is not to do it without a scale unless experienced in measuring ammounts of whatever consistancy is obtained, which can range so much at least a 0.00g scale if not 0.000g scale and even then it is a bad road to go down, I am sorry to tell you just the research and desire to use it is a sign of addiction. There is nothing special to heroin over morphine and you do not want the path of experimentation with w.e opiate even the toxic RC mt-45 until it gives you disgusting dead, dry, and patchy skin and white hair that stays white and/or a wicked bad fent analog habit that requires 30 min dosing 60 at best only to get cut off due to a new law in place to ban them leaving you forced to CT off what is near a gram of pure morphine IV equivalent (possible exaggeration, but not far).

I understand the desire to get over the desire to know, but ask yourself why do you need to know what an opiate is. Simply it pushes off pain only to come back with a vengance the goal being pushing off the pain until one recovers strength to deal with it from a time of weakness. Sadly even legitimate needs are neglected in the health system so even if it does help you in life any effort to obtain the opiates won't, which is unfair as hell, but trust me you do not want to ruin your life trying to obtain something you can get by without. Even if you do obtain it do not get used to it or else it will take your life away especially when the doctors cut you off possibly before you even begin. If you do be safe, just don't.

Edit: Props for your advice and concluding paragraph manboychef you really explained it. You have used pharms as it is a legal gray area where as heroin is illegal possibly funding drug cartels who leave mass graves across the border and so much worse.... Hell with the recent sinola bust in Ohio it might be a really bad time to decide to star a habit like this. As well as your rationalization one opiate for another is not true. Oxycodone does convert to oxymorphone in amounts leading to Mu activation (one of two major opiate regions), but the major activity is the kappa activity (the other of the two more major, but not only limited to them). Heroin and the metabolites produced are not as selective I believe leading to some kappa activity, but focusing more on Mu. In my experience Mu puts you to sleep while kappa not neccisarilly stimulates, but disorients in a way leading to a weaker sedation if not a more alert state. Both recuce stiffness and tightness esp. associated with injuries on top of blocking pain signals. Again it puts off pain for you to deal with it later.

Cruss your pills, mix in lukewarm or room temp water, leave it in the fridge till all the white sludge crashes out, filter the tylonal & binder sludge, and drink the filtered tylonal hydrocodone/oxycodone water. Then start lowering your dose 5 mg every few days until you are not using daily and done. This is known as a cold water extract and weening off an opiate dependancy. Trust me when I tell you that you are better off doing this vs. crossing the line into blatent illegal terratory and ignorance of what your money is supporting all while risking your life for whatever reason you do it for, which better be damn good, but really does not sound like it.

Last edited:
What's your use like?

You said you're an addict but do you mean you get opioid's on prescription and over time have became physically dependent on them or have you got a script/no script andare buying opioid's (Other than Heroin) on the streets etc to get high?

If you're an addict and your pharma' opioid's are costing too much ( I mean if you get a script then the illicit one's you purchase.) then I could see why you'd consider switching to/also using street Heroin.

Stick to smoking or snorting if/when you try it.

If you must inject then please buy SteriFilt's/wheel-filters (Micron-filters!!!) and use them for everything, not just injecting pills. Cotton is a poor unhealthy filter!

My use started when I had an injury a couple of years back, got prescribed hydrocodone, started taking them (for the pain), then realized that these things not only took the pain away, but made me feel really damn good.. so I made the stupid mistake of taking them and taking more, then finally my prescription ran out and I was absolutely fucking bummed. So, I started buying them off the street, and that is starting to really cost me way too much for the amount I'm getting.. I'm not saying by any means that heroin is going to be less money (because it's not), but I should most certainly get much more out of it.

Another question that anybody here can feel free to answer: why is heroin so looked down on in these forums, but meth isn't considered all that bad?

to try answer your question, i dont think thats true.. most people understand that meth can be very harmful, will cause psychosis if used regularly. the difference is it is not physically addictive for starters.. H will take everything you have.. everyone u know and love.. and when u have nothing left to give, she will take your soul, and then, when u really have nothing left to give her, she will shit on your face and send you straight to hell.. this is not an exaggeration.
i know u will do it anyway, its all good.. go do your thing.. but at least you should know what your getting into.
i did it the first time, exactly for the same reasons. OC became OP. roxis got too expensive.. hey H is really cheap compared to oxy.. i could last on like 100 a week.. hahahah.. that lasted about half a week. that was 10 years ago.. i was spending 200 a day on H just to stay well.. and i did a lot of scams, rip offs, thefts, etc, to maintain my habit,. shit i never though i would do. waking up sick, and knowing you need to think of a way to come up with a few hundred, or u might as well be dead, is a really shitty feeling to have every damn day...
ok ok ill stop wasting my time :) enjoy junkie life