• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Sucks

AcousticAddict707

Greenlighter
This is my first post, I have read forums on BL in the past but finally decided to become a member and seek advice and also help others with my own knowledge and experience when I can. Anyways I have developed a huge problem with these fake 30 mg oxy pills that are basically just fentanyl. I have always used opiates in the past. Norco's mainly and oxys whenever I was lucky to stumble upon them. So when my old friend from highschool that I haven't seen in a long time informed me that he had a hook on oxys I was overjoyed, not knowing they were actually what are called "dirty 30s" and are fentanyl not oxycodone. I always noticed the high was a little different and made me nod a lot more but I didn't think too much of it until I ran out of money and had to experience my first fentanyl withdrawal. It scared the shit out of me! I was walking around my room, talking to myself, had uncontrollable muscle spasms, yacking, shitting, high fever, and the worst anxiety I have ever experienced. I couldn't even watch a movie because I was questioning every aspect of reality such as why a certain character was wearing a red shirt and why we even call the color red, "red", and what are colors other than just light reflecting off of surfaces differently etc... I lost my fucking mind to say the least. I knew something was off about these pills because this was not normal. I was always able to get through withdrawals from Norco's and real oxys. It was rough but still I was eventually able to get through. Now that I have been using fentanyl for about 6 months I feel like there is no way I will ever be able to get off of them. The worse part is that I literally can't even get high at all anymore. Does anyone else out there who uses these feel like they get to a point where they can't even get high? now I just use them so I don't get sick. I guess the point of this post is to seek advice with how to ween off of this poison and the best way to get through withdrawals, because withdrawal from these are a completely different animal than anything else I have kicked before in my life. I currently consume about 8 of these fake dirty 30 fentanyl pills a day. Some days more than that. I have 6 Suboxone strips and can get more if needed. I just hate having to get sick before taking the Suboxone strip. And it seems like I feel like shit for a couple days still even though I am taking Suboxone. Any advice on the matter is greatly appreciated.

This is my first post, I have read forums on BL in the past but finally decided to become a member and seek advice and also help others with my own knowledge and experience when I can. Anyways I have developed a huge problem with these fake 30 mg oxy pills that are basically just fentanyl. I have always used opiates in the past. Norco's mainly and oxys whenever I was lucky to stumble upon them. So when my old friend from highschool that I haven't seen in a long time informed me that he had a hook on oxys I was overjoyed, not knowing they were actually what are called "dirty 30s" and are fentanyl not oxycodone. I always noticed the high was a little different and made me nod a lot more but I didn't think too much of it until I ran out of money and had to experience my first fentanyl withdrawal. It scared the shit out of me! I was walking around my room, talking to myself, had uncontrollable muscle spasms, yacking, shitting, high fever, and the worst anxiety I have ever experienced. I couldn't even watch a movie because I was questioning every aspect of reality such as why a certain character was wearing a red shirt and why we even call the color red, "red", and what are colors other than just light reflecting off of surfaces differently etc... I lost my fucking mind to say the least. I knew something was off about these pills because this was not normal. I was always able to get through withdrawals from Norco's and real oxys. It was rough but still I was eventually able to get through. Now that I have been using fentanyl for about 6 months I feel like there is no way I will ever be able to get off of them. The worse part is that I literally can't even get high at all anymore. Does anyone else out there who uses these feel like they get to a point where they can't even get high? now I just use them so I don't get sick. I guess the point of this post is to seek advice with how to ween off of this poison and the best way to get through withdrawals, because withdrawal from these are a completely different animal than anything else I have kicked before in my life. I currently consume about 8 of these fake dirty 30 fentanyl pills a day. Some days more than that. I have 6 Suboxone strips and can get more if needed. I just hate having to get sick before taking the Suboxone strip. And it seems like I feel like shit for a couple days still even though I am taking Suboxone. Any advice on the matter is greatly appreciated.

You might consider getting on methadone before you kill yourself with these pills. Then again, if you are taking 8 pills a day you probably are less likely to overdose than someone just getting into it. But of course, compared to the general population, you are at a tremendously high risk of a severe negative health outcome.

If buprenorphine doesn't do it for you methadone might. Methadone isn't so bad, it is a pain in the ass (so much so it isn't even an option for many) but it worked for me, and have been off it for years now.

You might consider getting on methadone before you kill yourself with these pills. Then again, if you are taking 8 pills a day you probably are less likely to overdose than someone just getting into it. But of course, compared to the general population, you are at a tremendously high risk of a severe negative health outcome.

If buprenorphine doesn't do it for you methadone might. Methadone isn't so bad, it is a pain in the ass (so much so it isn't even an option for many) but it worked for me, and have been off it for years now.

He's right. Your tolerance will just keep getting higher and higher. I got out of a bad fent habit with suboxone, although it took three days of feeling shitty to get full relief. I was thinking about Methadone at that point but after taking the sub on the third day I finally got sweet relief. I made a thread awhile ago on how shitty fent is and how it ruined the game. In a way I'm happy though because it inadvertently got me out of the game. I've been taking Kratom for two years now and have not a single desire to ever do fent again. As long as I have something that can scratch that itch so to speak, my desire to do harder opiates has dissipated.

I'm looking on info on this n wondering if anyone has a response to my question: I now have almost a month off fent which is by far the longest I've made it & I plan to KEEP this but I'm going thru something BRUTAL. I'm kicking 9 yrs of fent use n I just lost my significant other of 10 yrs (also lost my brother to an OD 4 yrs ago). My anxiety level is up the roof & even almost a month later I have really bad PAWS was told I'm gona have it for a bit..I physically feel like shit and I'm hanging on for dear life bcuz I honest to God don't Wana b a slave to that shit anymore but my anxiety level is insane right now bcuz I just lost my man & he basically dropped dead in front of me and so did my brother 4 yrs ago and these 2 guys were my life. Get the picture? I'm NOT ok right now emotionally PLUS kicking 9 yrs. I have Kratom that I'd like to occasionally b able to use when I'm having panic attacks ( better than the alternative) but is it going to screw up my receptors at this point or I'm I on the clear since it's been almost a month dope free??

First off sorry for your loss and congrats on the month, it isn't easy, I know first hand. To answer your question, no Kratom isn't going to screw up your receptors, if anything it's going to keep your anxiety at bay and scratch the itch to want to do harder opiates. I've been taking Kratom for over two years, with heavy extract use too here and there on bad days. When I stopped for a short time, I just felt lethargic and had a slight runny nose. It wasn't anywhere even in the same universe as a full agonist withdrawal. Of course everyone is different, and you have to weigh out the benefits for yourself. For me, it keeps my anxiety at bay, makes me more productive, kills off any feelings of wanting to do harder drugs (aside from a little codeine I have if you even consider that hard), and boosts my mood to where I actually have a positive outlook on life these days. I'll take a few days of low energy if I ever stop for all the benefits it gives me. It's a natural plant, and I'm on an anything all natural kick these days. So to sum it up, if you take large doses of Kratom for a long period of time and decide to stop cold turkey, you will have some feelings of withdrawal (but if you taper which is real easy they can largely be avoided) because it does stimulate opioid receptors, but IMO, the benefits largely outweigh the negatives. I can tell you one thing for sure, I'd rather take Kratom then be on benzos or antidepressants.

Last edited:
In my opinion you simply need to reach out and get help. Go to a treatment center for at least a month if not detox before it. If you only have state insurance you may have to wait for a bed but it will be worth it100 percent. The hardest thing for me to kick was methadone... twice ! Didn’t learn the first time. Body doesn’t feel right for over2 months ! May not be sick sick but your not eating or using the bathroom right or sleeping right an entire month after your last dose of the methadone. It was the same way The first time. Assuming ou still have times
Where you wake up sick and have to figure out a way to put some money together to get well. That’s a perfect way to tell if you need to go to detox, treatment or both.
Now say your not a real addict like me and are able to get a certain amount and not do way more then you should every time, not saving some for the morning. But your able to save some for the morning to get well. Then your in a better boat since you can control yourself and are probably a functioning addict. But if your anything like me I’d get on a waiting list ASAP for a bed assuming your have state insurance. If you have pretty good insurance you can go to a faculty whenever you want. Most will come get you or fly you to there closest faculty. There’s no shame in going. I’ve been myself. Over 12 times from fall 2015 to my last time which was late summer of 2021.

Please ask if you or anyone else has questions! Reaching out is always your first step !

In case you come back...
I wouldn’t try waiting the 72hours on your own to take a sub. You won’t make it unless you go to a faculty and are forced to wait that time in the beginning.

Depending on what state you live in. If it’s the east coast I can definitely help you find a place to go to and get help! Assuming your like me It will never get better unless you check in somewhere. Waiting to take a sub on your own and sticking to them simply won’t work. Plus once you start taking the subs you’ll still feel like shit snd not 100percebt for at least a week if not longer. That’s the part that always brought me back when trying to switch to subs on my own. I needed to be somewhere where I was forced to sit there and feel bad for awhile. Same with methadone the two times I kicked it. Both times I was at 95 or100mg. Once I took my last dose I still had at least 3 weeks of treatment left so that kept me straight. If I was at home I woulda used that first day I dropped below 20mg

M

Methadone did wonders for me when I didn’t use on top of it lmao.
But the thing I hate about methadone more so then subs is how it gets in your bones so the process of kicking it and feeling normal takes 2-3 months. Shit take forever to get out of your bones and teeth.
I kicked it twice after using it for a year or so both times. Once I used the entire time and the other I used the last4 months being on it.
These days am on 8mg suboxone once a day. Don’t really need the second one normally.

He's right. Your tolerance will just keep getting higher and higher. I got out of a bad fent habit with suboxone, although it took three days of feeling shitty to get full relief. I was thinking about Methadone at that point but after taking the sub on the third day I finally got sweet relief. I made a thread awhile ago on how shitty fent is and how it ruined the game. In a way I'm happy though because it inadvertently got me out of the game. I've been taking Kratom for two years now and have not a single desire to ever do fent again. As long as I have something that can scratch that itch so to speak, my desire to do harder opiates has dissipated.
Have heard many bad things about the kradom withdrawals. Never experienced it myself but I also need to take something to be generally happy daily. I’ve had years sober. The job, the girl, the house! Everything and wasn’t generally happy everyday. But having subs to scratch that itch and also keeps my mind off the bullshit really helps. I just can’t stand how methadone absorbs into your bones and teeth. Plus with methadone I can use on top of it and if anything increases my high with the methadone ya know ??

Have heard many bad things about the kradom withdrawals. Never experienced it myself but I also need to take something to be generally happy daily. I’ve had years sober. The job, the girl, the house! Everything and wasn’t generally happy everyday. But having subs to scratch that itch and also keeps my mind off the bullshit really helps. I just can’t stand how methadone absorbs into your bones and teeth. Plus with methadone I can use on top of it and if anything increases my high with the methadone ya know ??
It Doesent actually get into your bones, it’s a myth, it Andy it’s metabolites just have ungodly long half lives

It Doesent actually get into your bones, it’s a myth, it Andy it’s metabolites just have ungodly long half lives
I know it’s half-life is 36 hours. But the methadone withdrawals have just always lasted longer for me over anything, including subs! And if the bone this isn’t real. That definitely has always been the perfect reason to dislike it lmao. Well and using my doc on top of it. A bit harder with subs.

Methadone is the only thing that would have me still feeling bad 2 months after my last dose. Or a month later after finishing a 24mg sub Taper.

In my opinion you simply need to reach out and get help. Go to a treatment center for at least a month if not detox before it. If you only have state insurance you may have to wait for a bed but it will be worth it100 percent. The hardest thing for me to kick was methadone... twice ! Didn’t learn the first time. Body doesn’t feel right for over2 months ! May not be sick sick but your not eating or using the bathroom right or sleeping right an entire month after your last dose of the methadone. It was the same way The first time. Assuming ou still have times
Where you wake up sick and have to figure out a way to put some money together to get well. That’s a perfect way to tell if you need to go to detox, treatment or both.
Now say your not a real addict like me and are able to get a certain amount and not do way more then you should every time, not saving some for the morning. But your able to save some for the morning to get well. Then your in a better boat since you can control yourself and are probably a functioning addict. But if your anything like me I’d get on a waiting list ASAP for a bed assuming your have state insurance. If you have pretty good insurance you can go to a faculty whenever you want. Most will come get you or fly you to there closest faculty. There’s no shame in going. I’ve been myself. Over 12 times from fall 2015 to my last time which was late summer of 2021.

Please ask if you or anyone else has questions! Reaching out is always your first step !
What were your bathroom problems after kicking methadone #1 or #2?

I'm on it for the first time...for about a year now. Only 5 to 10 mg per day.

Scared shirtless of kicking it. I plan to switch to hydrocodone then kick that.

WHy not just stay on the methadone, and slowly taper? I think that would be better than having to take hydrocodone 4+ times a Day

WHy not just stay on the methadone, and slowly taper? I think that would be better than having to take hydrocodone 4+ times a Day
I've always had the easiest jump offs from.shorter acting opioids.

My easiest taper jump.off ever was by cutting fent patches down. Literally had no real withdrawal other than insomnia...this was coming from a heavy suboxone usage.

In medicine before oxy got an ugly rap....Doctors actually used to switch methadone patients low dose oxy to finish the taper.

It's always easier to taper off a lower half life opioid. And also lower binding affinity opioid (methadone is one of the highest)

Just not solid number 2s

My easiest taper jump.off ever was by cutting fent patches down. Literally had no real withdrawal other than insomnia...this was coming from a heavy suboxone usage.

In medicine before oxy got an ugly rap....Doctors actually used to switch methadone patients low dose oxy to finish the taper.

It's always easier to taper off a lower half life opioid. And also lower binding affinity opioid (methadone is one of the highest)

I suggest getting off methadone ASAP. The longer you take you the harder it will be to kick it

I suggest getting off methadone ASAP. The longer you take you the harder it will be to kick it
So just be in chronic pain? No thanks. I've been at 1 or 2 mg per latley per day and stockpiling the rest and it's nice to not be in pain. It works really well even at a dose that low for my K bladder pain, with some diazepam added in too.

I did get off it for 2 weeks a few months ago but pain came back.

Last edited:
I disagree actually but I'm a rare case.. I find fentanyl to be the best feeling in the whole world. Nothing else like it. I don't understand the "zero euphoria opioid hammer" descriptions most users state. Its a purely bright world and nothing is wrong with any part of it when I felt the same substance. It was too good to be true. Just sitting in a chair like a slug more than content with myself doing nothing but staring at the wall (unlike pharmaceuticals which made me stimulated and want to do work). I would describe it as the best feeling in the world, with the worst withdrawal in the world. It was a horrible cold turkey experience from the up - to the down lol. Its better off that you hate them.... I would never have wanted to stop if I didn't run out of supply. This was about 1-2 years ago. It blew all the opioids I knew out of the water.