• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl patch. IV use?

Fentanyl is used as a cutting agent for the heroin in our area. I've had bad luck and got purchases of pretty much straight fent. End result: luckily I woke up, still had the needle in my arm. It was just a blackout. No rush, no euphoria, pounding headache, nausea. Killed off a lot of people in my city too. Very short lived high and no euphoria and extremely sedating if you don't fall out.

We care because you're a human being like us. That's why my friend. We don't want good (albeit maybe curious?) people to die. If you insist on doing this, I would go with the dilution method mentioned above as liquid dilution is the most accurate dosing with a product active in micrograms. I'd smoke the gel personally. Be safe and enjoy.

I wish more people would realize this about fent. While it is incredibly potent, that doesn't' translate over in this case to strong euphoric and recreational effects, at least in most people I've talked to's opinions. So, you're taking all this risk for what some would even call an unpleasant high compared to good H or something.

It's really not worth it but, to each his own.

Never used fent personally. Got a buddy with a REAL bad habit, and he will buy a patch only if its all that's around. He doesn't even try to shoot em or get high with em, only uses small strips to stave off withdrawals. Even still, it's playing with fire and it creates a huge bump up in his tolerance. Be careful, man, and think this one out.

Never used fent personally. Got a buddy with a REAL bad habit, and he will buy a patch only if its all that's around. He doesn't even try to shoot em or get high with em, only uses small strips to stave off withdrawals. Even still, it's playing with fire and it creates a huge bump up in his tolerance. Be careful, man, and think this one out.

good point I forgot to mention. fentanyl will rape your tolerance in a very short period of time. if you can survive the high the next time you try it you will need even more, you can see how dangerous this gets. than if you take a week off and go back to your normal dose it's pretty much certain death.

if I were the guy you mentioned above I'd stick to suboxone.

Sorry for the bump but I have been in a lot of pain ( i have chronic pain)and haven't been able to get to the boards for awhile, not that long ago though . I just wanted to write back to thank you for all your replies, especially to down508 for his technique (if anyone knows of a safer or better extraction technique let me know) on how to use the drug as safely as possible which is what I was really looking for, harm reduction if I so choose to go down this dark path. I am doing all the research and weighing the risks and benefits of using fentanyl intravenously. After doing my limited amount of research on the subject so far on the effects of the drug if used intravenously run the gamut from extremely sicking , a lousy high all the way to the best high they have ever had, extremely euphoric. Most people say its not very euphoric , if at all however. Most likely I will never try it but I just need the best info on the drug in case I ever do. Thanks again guys :)

Ok, swim has a very high tolerance for opiates and has been injecting for a few years (just came across 10 lower dose fent patches...finally)... swim has extracted the fent from the patches in separate extractions (1 patch each)... in doing so swim has made it imposible to have more than 1.2 mg (not mcg) per extraction, but is doubtful that swim has extracted at 100%. swim understands the dangers and is willing to take them. The question is how does swim go about the IV? Does swim cold water it? Or is there more that needs to be done to the shot?

Ok, I'm going to say not to do it and that after a couple decades of opiate abuse fent withdrawal was the one thing I couldn't kick on my own.. I could always kick H, oxy, diliies ect but I could not for the life of me get over the fent WD and finally caved and went in and got on subs. It also took a massive amount of subs to take away the WD and feel normal, 24mg. Then again by the end I was going through 10-20MG.. yes MG IV/Smoking a day while wearing a patch so I didn't wake up quite so sick every morning..

I'm not familiar with this brand of patch but I would either extract and mix the result with a bit with vinegar and everclear and then dilute with water and bang away or if I was impatient and waiting for the everclear/fent solution to evaporate away I'd draw some up and dilute with water and bang that... I don't recommend this obviously .. if you think shooting vinegar burns.. it's nothing compared to everclear.

The night before my appointment with my sub doc I fell out with a rig in my arm and luckily woke up who knows after how much time had passed with the rig still in my arm. I've been clean ever since.

I seriously thought I knew about being a junky before and fent showed me I was just a little kid.. toss it and stick with kiddie drugs like heroin .. like has been said countless times the high isn't that great and the risk surely is. The high boils down to ...TAKE MORE .. TAKE MORE .. TAKE MORE .. TAKE MORE ... sleep.

So, I know the the OP posted her or his question a long time ago, but, I noticed something in many of your replies that irked me, and, I need to say this:As members of a harm reduction site, you guys and gals should know better than to say, "Don't try that, it's dangerous," or "It's not worth it," or (one of my personal favorites), "Don't, you'll die." I don't know about you guys, but, I am an addict and an IV drug user, and as such, those types of warnings are practically a sure-fire way to ensure that I will do something, not the other way around... For what it's worth, if you really want to ensure that I won't try something, tell me that the high sucks, or is non-existent. I know that some of you guys basically did say exactly that to the OP, and if that's you, I apologize for this reply, but, I just wanted to let everyone who didn't say that know that your warnings, tho well-meaning, and even accurate, are not only unhelpful, but they may even be harmful.

Just my two cents.

So, I know the the OP posted her or his question a long time ago, but, I noticed something in many of your replies that irked me, and, I need to say this:As members of a harm reduction site, you guys and gals should know better than to say, "Don't try that, it's dangerous," or "It's not worth it," or (one of my personal favorites), "Don't, you'll die."

seriously. the point of harm reduction is that people are going to do it anyway, so help them be safe while doing it. "abstinence only" programs do not work, not for drugs, not for sex, nothing, they don't work at all, so suggesting abstinence on a harm reduction board of all places is just ridiculous. this place has really gone to shit in the past decade.

give warnings of the danger, sure, because it is dangerous, but everything is dangerous when it comes to drugs, and if you're using drugs, you've already decided that the dangers don't matter, otherwise you wouldn't be using illegal substances in the first place, but the whole fucking point of harm reduction is to inform people so the risks can be lessened, so they can be as safe as possible while doing dangerous things.

but of course none of what i said applies if bluelight just isn't a harm reduction board anymore, which is what it looks like.

Anyone who has tried iving fentanyl should know that it is a very bad idea. This stuff will even kill someone who has a tremendous tolerance to opiates. In my opinion it is something that should only be used in a hospital setting. If you are planning on trying this u might as well schedule your own funeral. It is extremely potent and in many cases deadly. Please do not attempt.

if you're hell bent on trying it here's what I would do.

Step 1. suck the .1 ml of fentanyl/alcohol with a syringe, then squirt it on to a clean plate. im not sure how difficult it is to suck it out, but once you figure all of that out and have the .1 ml on the plate let it dry, you can put under a lamp, it might help to have a fan blowing on it lightly, or you can put the plate over a pot of boiling water and leave it there until you have a caked on crystal/powder.. *

Step 2. once you have the dry mixture on the plate you should decide what dose suits you best. you are determining how much water to add to get the concentration you are looking for if you are planning on doing 100 micrograms that is like somewhere in the ball park of 50-100 mg of morphine, so make sure you know your body and tolerance before you proceed. chances are you wont be able to get all the fent out of the patch, but it's best to assume you did when calculating, that way if you're off you will take less and not more than you anticipated.

Step 3. so the next step is to dissolve the fentanyl in an accurately measured amount of water. if you want to do 100 mcg doses then you add 25 ml clean water to the dried up powder and dissolve it completely. you can do this with a 1 ml insulin syringe if you dont have a big oral syringe. an alternative if you want to take 50 unit shots instead of 100 (want to have room to drawback, want to decrees the chances of missing etc) then dissolve it in 12.5 ml of water. with this method of volumetric measuring you will be able to determine that a 100 unit/1ml shot will contain 100 micrograms fentanyl at the most, or if you only used 12.5 ml 50 units or half a 1ml syringe will contain 100 mcg fent.

I think 25 ml is the way to go because it's easier to remember; 75 units equals 75 micrograms.

if you dont want to i.v. it then after you've dissolved the fentanyl in 25 ml of water you can squirt each ml into it's own little puddle on a large plate or tray, then when it dries out each little pile will have at the most 100 mcg, but keep in mind 100 mcg is a barely visible dose, much smaller than a grain of salt, so this method is flawed. I would stick to the syringe method, if you can find a large enough vial (like the big saline ones with a rubber stopper to put your needle through) you can store it in that and then when you want a dose you can suck up the right amount of water, then you can back load it into a needleless syringe and squirt it up your nose, up your ass, or on to a piece of foil for smoking.

but really dude you need to be damn careful with your calculations. this is the formula for it, and bare in mind Im not a mathematician. total dose of fentanyl in patch = x, number of millileters of water added = y, number of mg per millileter = z

in this case x= 2500 (mg)

x/y=z

2500 / 25 = 100.

it's simple, just make sure when your storing the finished product it isn't exposed to heat or air, otherwise the water will evaporate and the solution will become more and more potent, making it potentially deadly to inject. for this reason if you try it you should keep track of how many ml you've taken from the main stash and measure it before you take your dose out, that way if it doesn't add up you will know the mixture is becoming more concentrated.

I feel kind of shitty telling you this. I think that's why so many people avoid getting involved with fentanyl threads, because no matter how careful you are if you're not taking it as prescribed your life expectancy drops substantially.

* an alternative to this step is to skip the drying part all together and just dilute the .1ml with your chosen amount of liquid for y. you may choose to let it dry first if you would rather not inject alcohol.

Thought I should point out 100mcg of fentanyl is not 50-100mg of morphine but rather it is 5-10mg equivalent of morphine. 1mg of fentanyl is equiv to 50-100ng of morphine, or 1000mcg of fentanyl I should say.

Fentanyl is 50-100x as potent as morphine, you did your math like its 500-1000x as potent though.

If your set on iving fentanyl use low low low dose and always have a babysitter.

How aboit you or the scumbag u got the patches from get heroin .....its much cheaper amd a way better high.....and stop using up fent patches whitch have quotas on them and ppl in REAL chronic pain camt get them from thier dumbass bitter pharmacist that was too dumb to practice medicine.
d bags like you are gettimg high on them then goimg weightlifting after....again....good heroin is easy to find if u think about it for a second and plan ahead....stop promoting the suffering of cancer amd traumatic injury patiemts.

Last edited:
How aboit you or the scumbag u got the patches from get heroin .....its much cheaper amd a way better high.....and stop using up fent patches whitch have quotas on them and ppl in REAL chronic pain camt get them from thier dumbass bitter pharmacist that was too dumb to practice medicine.
d bags like you are gettimg high on them then goimg weightlifting after....again....good heroin is easy to find if u think about it for a second and plan ahead....stop promoting the suffering of cancer amd traumatic injury patiemts.

Yes I agree but heroin is also in most cases cut with fent. Maybe learn how to spell things out properly as well.

Jesus Christ, I've lurked around BL forever and it's always these fentanyl threads that make me want to join. Well I'm glad I finally did. Look here's the facts I get shit that's so good that I can slam a whole 100mcg/7.5mg patch at once and just get a decent nod. Look we don't know what his tolerance as and as many others have said if he's already hellbent on doing it all ur guarenteeing by telling him not to do it, is that he will do it. Now that that rants over the patches that have gel are very simple add water and be careful. Now the polymer matrix is a little harder do a google search for "fentanyl extraction"

So far the post describing the use of iso to remove glue and rum/vodka to extract seems to be the safest advice and accurate. My impatient ass tried it but decided to compare it to a quick method of boiling a little water in a spoon. I cut a 25mg patch in half to see if I got anything and if so I knew it was half of the patch I spent an hour dissolving. The result was good. If I had to judge the strength I'd say half the strength of a 25mg patch would be right on. I boiled one side in 1 ml water for a couple minutes, flipped it over and did the other side, then pulled the water through a cotton and was injecting 5min after I began the process. Reality is that I'm sure I'm wasting a bunch and following the alcohol extraction method is the safest most accurate way.