• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl patch. IV use?

RazorBladeSlide

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

Somebody has fentanyl patches. Here is the exact brand he has: http://www.drug-attorneys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/20110303-actavis-fentanyl-pain-patch.jpg

Yes he knows the risk of IV fentanyl use is death and anyone attempting this is "stupid". Individual is looking for harm reduction so asked me to ask more experienced people for advice and information. If an individual was looking to inject this brand would it be possible? I would assume said individual would simply take a syringe, stick it straight into the reservoir, which is very small btw, and take out a small amount of fentanyl and then inject into vein. Or is their a much better way? Does one have to " cook " fentanyl like one would heroin in a spoon?

According to the box each patch contains 2.5 mg fentanyl and 0.1 mL acohol USP. And the inactive ingredients are hydroxyethyl cellulose, ethylene vinyl-acetate, copolymer, silicone adhesive between polyester backings.

I'm not a chemist but aren't inactive ingredients in opiate pain killers , like fentanyl , relatively safe? To me it appears this brand of reservoir fentanyl would be safer , and much easier to use, comparatively speaking, to a matrix style fentanyl patch, is this correct?

In any case friend is looking for best possible way to use this drug intravenously, harm reduction and any chemistry needed to filter unwanted chemicals and other useless junk not needed, assuming a chemistry student or graduate would be willing to help if for no other reason then to help keep this person alive if he chooses to do something like this.

Thank you very much for any help. Thank you bluelight for keeping people safe if they do choose to use hard drugs. What you are doing here is saving lives and its sad that drugs are not legal, like they are in Portugal, otherwise people wouldn't have to search very hard on the internet looking for harm reduction websites instead their country would have programs set up specifically for this purpose. This site is extremely ethical and saves lives. Cheers!

Last edited:
don't do it. unless you have the proper equipment to measure out mcg....fent is really not anything to fuck with. the only time i've ever used it, i just wore the patch as directed. these were always 100mcg/hour patches for 72 hours of continuous use. i'm a pretty seasoned user and i would still only leave the patch on for 8-12 hours at a time. would get very high and quite nauseous. fent is dangerous stuff. i know you are aware of this. the fact that you are NOT a chemist really makes I.V. use a bad, bad idea. peace.

don't do it. unless you have the proper equipment to measure out mcg...
fent is dangerous stuff. i know you are aware of this. the fact that you are NOT a chemist really makes I.V. use a bad, bad idea. peace.

Indeed. Quite dangerous. Person is aware of all dangers and has seen first hand the dangers of hard drugs. So in terms of practical application ;

1) must have proper equipment to measure out mcgs

I still think the chemistry behind something like fentanyl extraction would be relatively easy for someone to explain to a layperson. For example I did not need to get a degree in chemistry to successfully complete many a cold water extraction which I learned from this website. If I had not learned of the cold water extraction I would of died years ago from acetaminophen poisoning. That's why the chemistry here is so important. It saves lives if one wishes to embark on dangerous grounds.

Thanks KillSurfCity :)

Last edited:
it sounds like it has 2.5 mg dissolved in .1ml of ethanol. think about that for a second. if you sucked the .1 ml out into a 1cc syringe you would have 10 tiny units each containing 250 micrograms. therefor you would have to attempt to inject .01 or less of a ml, and that would be a pretty high dose. think about what a syringe looks like, there are 50 little lines divided into 10 segments of 5 lines each, you would be attempting to inject half of one of those lines, which is less than a mm. if you had quarter cc syringes and dilluted the solution it would be slightly less dangerous, but even then you are putting a lot on the line for a shitty fentanyl high that lasts an hour and leaves you vomitting with migraines.

Last edited:
it sounds like it has 2.5 mg dissolved in .1ml of ethanol. think about that for a second. if you sucked the .1 ml out into a 1cc syringe you would have 10 tiny units each containing 250 micrograms. therefor you would have to attempt to inject .01 or less of a ml, and that would be a pretty high dose. think about what a syringe looks like, there are 50 little lines divided into 10 segments of 5 lines each, you would be attempting to inject half of one of those lines, which is less than a mm. if you had quarter cc syringes and dilluted the solution it would be slightly less dangerous, but even then you are putting a lot on the line for a shitty fentanyl high that lasts an hour and leaves you vomitting with migraines.

How do you know a fentanyl high is " shitty". Have you tried it? What was it like, was it like an H high? I know from heroin and dilauded highs that when you vomit the vomiting doesn't bother you in the slightest..in fact on those high end opiates it becomes unnoticeable or fun when you vomit, like your a dragon breathing fire ( actually hallucinated that while on dilaudid once.)

Thanks for info btw down508 :)

p.s. the ugly side of IV fentanyl abuse for people considering it I ask that you check out this show first . I hate the show 'Intervention ' but Canada seemed to have done a better job with it then the US it seems to me. I do a lot of research before trying a new drug. That's why I am here. Bluelight is notorious for having chemists that will help in harm reduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugJtcb_cRBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
in fact on those high end opiates it because fun when you vomit, like your a dragon breathing fire

This is one of the strangest analogies I've ever read.

I think what he might have been trying to say is the fent high is very powerful and not as euphoric as heroin or hydromorph. I've had fent experience, smoked and gummed and worn normally and eventually I would become extremely nauseated if I wore or gummed the patch. Smoked it was decent but would still prefer other opiates. It's very "strong" but you don't feel nearly as wonderful as you might assume.

How do you know a fentanyl high is " shitty". Have you tried it? What was it like, was it like an H high? I know from heroin and dilauded highs that when you vomit the vomiting doesn't bother you in the slightest..in fact on those high end opiates it becomes unnoticeable or fun when you vomit, like your a dragon breathing fire ( actually hallucinated that while on dilaudid once.)

Thanks for info btw down508 :)

p.s. the ugly side of IV fentanyl abuse for people considering it I ask that you check out this show first . I hate the show 'Intervention ' but Canada seemed to have done a better job with it then the US it seems to me. I do a lot of research before trying a new drug. That's why I am here. Bluelight is notorious for having chemists that will help in harm reduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugJtcb_cRBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

yes I've done fentanyl. it's purely sedating, where heroin and dilaudid have a definite euphoric push. the fentanyl high feels cheap, extremely sedating so if your expecting euphoria you can end up doing more and more chasing that high until the sedation takes over and you die. the morning after is like being hungover, you have this pounding headache and it's not like good nausea like on dope, the high is long gone and its just shitty nausea.

when I had no opiate tolerance I would have occasional nausea, but I found that after vomiting you get an instant flash of sweat and your body cools down. with fentanyl in my experience the nausea is the next day and it's more like heaving than normal opiate nausea.

so try wearing the patch, you will probably find it's not as good as you thought. this drug is used in I.V. form for anaesthesia along with versed, ketamine, and propofol. when I've been administered fent i.v. in a doctors office there was no rush, just being awake and then not being awake.

I think a decent analogy if your experienced with stimulants is heroin is like pure cocaine or dextro amphetamine, and fentanyl is like concerta or straterra. if you've done the above drugs you'll know what I'm saying. another one would be heroin is like butane hash oil made from headie buds ,and fent is like mexican brick weed. this is not reffering to doses or potencies, but the quality of the effects.

Oh man, i had to log on just to tell you for the 100th time. Don't do it. A acquaintance of mine died from shooting fent gel from a activa patch. It just isn't worth it. I've smoked and worn patches on a few occasions. It's good to knock out withdraws. fent is good if you wanna sedate yourself to death, with little euphoria.

How does one go about smoking it? And gum it? I didn't know you could do it those ways. In any case there is a thread here on how to extract fentanyl from matrix-style patches but nothing on how to extract gel packs, so I can only assume one doesn't need to extract anything with a gel patch because the drug is in their already with just alcohol and some inactive ingredients.

Oh man, i had to log on just to tell you for the 100th time. Don't do it. A acquaintance of mine died from shooting fent gel from a activa patch. It just isn't worth it. I've smoked and worn patches on a few occasions. It's good to knock out withdraws. fent is good if you wanna sedate yourself to death, with little euphoria.

I understand will430, but ultimately the choice is mine. Perhaps there is another generic version of fentanyl besides actavis that is safer? When I wear them for severe chronic pain management I get no euphoria and no pain relief, just started taking them 10 days ago, on 25 mcgs of fentanyl patch. No pain relief for pain with 2.5 mgs of it. Im going to prolly have to work up to 100 mcgs or higher for my pain condition for pain relief. I'm looking for pain relief but being in pain I'm bed-ridden anyway might as well smoke, gum, or IV it, right? Get some sedation, euphoria and pain relief from it. I mean I'm bed-ridden I could use some euphoria and sedation since my pain causes serious sleep deprivation.

Thanks for great replies everyone so far, appreciate it :)
Cheerio!

Last edited:
i don't think you do understand the dangers of injecting the gel out of a fent patch at best you can hope is to lose your arm at worst die

if you're hell bent on trying it here's what I would do.

Step 1. suck the .1 ml of fentanyl/alcohol with a syringe, then squirt it on to a clean plate. im not sure how difficult it is to suck it out, but once you figure all of that out and have the .1 ml on the plate let it dry, you can put under a lamp, it might help to have a fan blowing on it lightly, or you can put the plate over a pot of boiling water and leave it there until you have a caked on crystal/powder.. *

Step 2. once you have the dry mixture on the plate you should decide what dose suits you best. you are determining how much water to add to get the concentration you are looking for if you are planning on doing 100 micrograms that is like somewhere in the ball park of 50-100 mg of morphine, so make sure you know your body and tolerance before you proceed. chances are you wont be able to get all the fent out of the patch, but it's best to assume you did when calculating, that way if you're off you will take less and not more than you anticipated.

Step 3. so the next step is to dissolve the fentanyl in an accurately measured amount of water. if you want to do 100 mcg doses then you add 25 ml clean water to the dried up powder and dissolve it completely. you can do this with a 1 ml insulin syringe if you dont have a big oral syringe. an alternative if you want to take 50 unit shots instead of 100 (want to have room to drawback, want to decrees the chances of missing etc) then dissolve it in 12.5 ml of water. with this method of volumetric measuring you will be able to determine that a 100 unit/1ml shot will contain 100 micrograms fentanyl at the most, or if you only used 12.5 ml 50 units or half a 1ml syringe will contain 100 mcg fent.

I think 25 ml is the way to go because it's easier to remember; 75 units equals 75 micrograms.

if you dont want to i.v. it then after you've dissolved the fentanyl in 25 ml of water you can squirt each ml into it's own little puddle on a large plate or tray, then when it dries out each little pile will have at the most 100 mcg, but keep in mind 100 mcg is a barely visible dose, much smaller than a grain of salt, so this method is flawed. I would stick to the syringe method, if you can find a large enough vial (like the big saline ones with a rubber stopper to put your needle through) you can store it in that and then when you want a dose you can suck up the right amount of water, then you can back load it into a needleless syringe and squirt it up your nose, up your ass, or on to a piece of foil for smoking.

but really dude you need to be damn careful with your calculations. this is the formula for it, and bare in mind Im not a mathematician. total dose of fentanyl in patch = x, number of millileters of water added = y, number of mg per millileter = z

in this case x= 2500 (mg)

x/y=z

2500 / 25 = 100.

it's simple, just make sure when your storing the finished product it isn't exposed to heat or air, otherwise the water will evaporate and the solution will become more and more potent, making it potentially deadly to inject. for this reason if you try it you should keep track of how many ml you've taken from the main stash and measure it before you take your dose out, that way if it doesn't add up you will know the mixture is becoming more concentrated.

I feel kind of shitty telling you this. I think that's why so many people avoid getting involved with fentanyl threads, because no matter how careful you are if you're not taking it as prescribed your life expectancy drops substantially.

* an alternative to this step is to skip the drying part all together and just dilute the .1ml with your chosen amount of liquid for y. you may choose to let it dry first if you would rather not inject alcohol.

Last edited:
IV fentanyl is something not to be abused unless you have a death wish. We have lost many Bluelighters because of IV fent and I don't really feel like you understand the dangers fully of injecting a gel patch of fentanyl.

Search around a little bit and see the plethora of warnings about fentanyl. I really hate to see you doing this.

Dude! Just put match head sized globs of foil, and smoke one every 10 minutes until you feel peachy. :) ggg

Down508 : Thank you for great information!

IV fentanyl is something not to be abused unless you have a death wish. We have lost many Bluelighters because of IV fent and I don't really feel like you understand the dangers fully of injecting a gel patch of fentanyl.

Search around a little bit and see the plethora of warnings about fentanyl. I really hate to see you doing this.

I will definitely do my homework first of course and run a search. I will read every last every thread with the word fentanyl in it, I just hope there isn't more then I planned for. I think I understand the dangers of hard drug use well enough having seen it first hand. It has killed my aunt ( cocaine) and a friend(heroin).

I find it odd , but heart warming and humbling , that some people here at bluelight whom have never met me in person genuinely care if I live or die. I wonder why this is. None of you have any real personal stake in my life. None of you make any money off of the fact if I live or die, we live in a capitalist society that is so demented that money comes before people, always. Don't think I'm right read the book 'Confessions of an economic hitman' and you will see money is all that matters in American life because it is a business runned society. So why do you guys care?

Dude! Just put match head sized globs of foil, and smoke one every 10 minutes until you feel peachy. :) ggg

Hi mmmCHRISx,

I assume you meant "put match head sized globs ON foil " just to be clear? Am I right, in any case thanks for smoking advice.

Last edited:
Just dont do it.

The only harm reduction info I give is dont do it.
Get a bit of heroin and shoot that.
Ive never taken Fent in any form but everything I have ever read is that it is a very powerful drug and even experienced drug users are wary of it.

I hope you are all right with God, because He is all you have left if you are insistent on this notion.

This sounds like one of those: "I want to do something incredibly dangerous, please confirm that it's ok" threads. I can't see the HR value in saying "Don't worry, you'll probably be fine." When you are talking about doing something potentially life threatening.

My take would be that you shouldn't do it. As you said, the choice is ultimately yours. But I, and I think others here, would like for you not to die from this. I'm sure someone could advise me on how to walk on a tightrope over a cauldron. But really the best HR advice would be not to get on the tightrope.

You seem like a smart person, this particular idea notwithstanding. I can't see what other response you'd possibly expect.

Fentanyl is used as a cutting agent for the heroin in our area. I've had bad luck and got purchases of pretty much straight fent. End result: luckily I woke up, still had the needle in my arm. It was just a blackout. No rush, no euphoria, pounding headache, nausea. Killed off a lot of people in my city too. Very short lived high and no euphoria and extremely sedating if you don't fall out.

We care because you're a human being like us. That's why my friend. We don't want good (albeit maybe curious?) people to die. If you insist on doing this, I would go with the dilution method mentioned above as liquid dilution is the most accurate dosing with a product active in micrograms. I'd smoke the gel personally. Be safe and enjoy.