• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl extraction - what went wrong?

ThePharmacist25

Bluelighter
I read the great post my oxymorphone and got up to the part of evaporating the alcohol, but I don't see ANY fent in the measuring cup. What went wrong? Here is what I did.

1. Cut a 50ug/hr patch into quarters.
2. Found a small glass and cleaned thorough.
3. Put 5mL of Rubbing Alcohol in the glass.
4. Dropped in the Quarter piece of patch. Put Toilet paper over to prevent dust particles.
5. Waited 4 hours at room temperature.
6. Filtered through cotton swap and transferred fent/alcohol into a metal measuring cup with a flat bottom.
7. Put low heat on the stove and held the measuring cup about 1' above to evaporate alcohol.
8. NOTHING.. Nothing was left over! The alcohol evaporated and there is nothing in the metal measuring cup. Where did it go? I do realize it would only come to 1.27mg of Fentanyl and that is a small amount. Is there nothing in there because it is such a small amount? I tried to scrape the bottom, however, nothing came off.

Please help, I don't want to waste any of this and I have all the contents still as they were.

I did, however, put 5mL more into the glass and dropped the patch in again. This time it's been in there for about 20-21 hours and there is small white things floating around in there (glue maybe?). Well again, please help.

Much much appreciated.

So you know, I edited your title a bit for clarity and posterity (future search purposes).

Dude, there is no way you'd be able to see <2 mg's of residue with the naked eye, if it's dispersed over even a VERY small surface areal, I'll bet that it's still in there!

If you intend to shoot it, I'd just fill the cup with water, filter it and load it up. - I have no practical experience with fentanyl though, so assuming this ROA may be completely off, Anyhoot, then administer solution as intended.

Good luck and stay safe!

the white particles are probably from the toilet paper you put over it initially.

as for what went wrong with your extraction, well, it's hard to pinpoint with such little detail.

my question is why didn't you post this in the existing fentanyl extraction thread? you've been around long enough.

okay, I am going to add sterile water and see what happens. but I am going to assume it all came out and still attack appropriately.. Wish me luck.

Update.. So assuming 90% efficiency (~224mg Oxycodone equiv.) I added 5mL of sterile water and mixed thoroughly. I drew up 1mL (20%) for a ~45mg Oxy equiv. shot. I banged it and felt absolutely nothing. For comparison purposes I banged 50mg of Oxy the other day to see what it would be like and I did indeed feel that.

Furthermore, I did add an additional 5mL of Alcohol and placed the 1/4 patch back in over 30 hours ago and planned on evaporating that. So what do you think about this? I filter and evaporate the alcohol. Add the 4mL remaining and mix that. Add an additional 1mL and try again?

LMK, please, and thank you..

Well, I evaporated the additional alcohol and then added the previous sterile water, added an additional 1mL and mixed thoroughly. I drew up another 1mL and shot it. I feel ehh.. probably the equivalent of a 30-40 mg Oxy shot.. Although the warm fuzzy feeling didn't hit me, it just gradually came on. I wonder if I did anything wrong.

How soluble is Fent in water?

Secondly, is it save to wash out the metal measuring cup? I mean I did mix the sterile water and mixed good and placed the liquid in a Dilaudid Vial that I have. I just don't want to waste it if any Fent is still in there.

Thank you very much and I hope that this helps any future extractors.

Fent

Hey there!

OK I gues we should all not even be here if we didn't know not to shoot fent patches right, right ok great! Don't want nuthin on my conscience!! Anyway, why the alcohol??? I shoot duragesic and off brand fent patches at least 3 or 4 times a month using vinegar n water n it works amazing, in fact every time one is placed in my hand (usually after been worn for a day or so - so I know I am getting a great yeild especially for a third of the active chemical being already dispersed supposedly) NE Way - when I get one I jump for joy, It works great! There is nohting simpler, don't know why the alcohol n if I am coming in on the back end of a conversation I am dearly sorry n please forgive me but.........
I get 75 Microgram Fentanyl patches, FLAT Adhesive, not the gels, in fact rather have these type than the gels believe it or not, n I take about half the patch, put it in the spoon (Remember the patch is a day old so only 66% there, so about 50 Mics or so) cover the piece with regular white vinegar, heating it on a burner, or with a lighter until it boils, letting it boil for a sec, then pausing to swirl the patch with another spoon or whatever, then repeating, adding more vinegar as necessary (Dont wanna let it go dry), and that's it. I do this a couple times, taste the solution for bitterness, and when the bitterness equals the tartness, I know I got a great shot, simple as that. My taste buds never lie. So when the taste is right, I then draw the vinegar into a 100 unit rig. If it is more than say 60 units I put it back into the spoon for some more evap, till it is around 50 units. This, so that I can finally add 40 or 50 units of water to the solution to bring the acidity level down. You can play around with this method till your heart's desire n it's pretty much fool-proof. I documented here how I do it because it's how I like it and it works great for me. As for dosing, well, If I were doing a bag of H instead I would have no prob doing between .15 - .25, depending on the quality, but probly not a whole lot more than the .25 or QG ($NO PRICES where I am). Hope this helps n please I am just sharing an experience ok!!

PS Sorry I forgot to add - I also cook these pieces of fent repeatedly for continued usage with much success. Just so ya know. If I cooked completely everything out of a half of a 50 mic patch I'm sure it would be a bit much 4 me. So maybe about 3 cooks = 3 nice doses, then I am probably going to chew on it when I get bored later. Regardless, the method to ME is still pretty much failsafe even with all the variables due to the fact that the more bitter it tastes, the more fentanyl your getting! If ur tasters are shot....well then.....hmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey

Hey vinegar huh? Well I have 2 halves and 2 quarter pieces. All but one quarter I actually did bucally. So do you think that I could get something out of these? I left them all in for about 3 hours so there might be fent left in them no? Hmm, just curious because I may like to try your method. Thanks.

With vinegar???

Well,i don't know,i'll try this method and if it works,i don't know what to say..But i have a question.Can i shoot it IM,or drink it(i can't find my veins),or maybe drop it in my nose..anyway,if i heat the spoon till the vinegar starts boiling,take it away and stir it,heat it again till it boils,is it ok,or i have to do it more times(and add some vinegar so it won't dry)?I would appriciate your answer Sublove,and i'm sure if it works,ThePharmacist25 and me,will owe you a lot..(and other fent users,too..)

NO prob! I find that with these type of patches I keep getting fentanyl over and over again even after repeated extraction - of course with limited yield. I think that with the quarter piece you have not touched (I am assuming it to be a 50mic piece, you could get a couple nice shots out of it). As for MartinFn: yes do not hesitate to use this method, it DOES work, I would never instruct someone to waste an opiate! lol :) Any way, I would not tell you to go IM because I am not sure if this could cause abcess or not. Be advised that these patches contain glycerine and that is definatly not a chemical you ideally want to put in your body in any large quantity. My patches have been worn already briefly and that takes quite a bit of the adhesive, hence the glycerine away. You can definately administer the patch rectally; I know this from experience, and a lot of commercially available suppositories already contain this chemical; no worries. As for method, basically use your better judgement on the stirring and heating and don't let it run dry. I know theoretically that if you let the liquid evap that the fent should still be in the dry residue on the spoon, but I have lost some yield this way. If your not sure how much to stir or cook, use my guideline! Taste the liquid. Just touch your finger to the liquid and taste it, and if it's bitter, you got fent. If the bitterness equals the tartness - you got a good yield. If the bitterness overpowers the tartness - you got a great yield! Alternatively, you can definately eat the solution. The benefit of extracting in this manner then ingesting is that when you chew on a patch, you never know how long it takes to get what you need and by the time you start to feel a buzz, the amount that has yet to be metabolized at this point will probably cause you to OD and headache and tummy ache city! :(

PS Don't forget to water the solution back down a bit for IV'ing to lower the acidity. Don't be afraid of IV'ing a little vinegar though, your putting far worse crap into your vein than that! I hope this works out good for u guys and pass it on!

Last edited:
Yeah, vinegar.

As someone who has had to call the Paramedics on a Phent OD, it was horrifying to see someone gurgling and not breathing.

Please don't shoot it, unless you have someone with you who can call 911 just in case.

JM2C

I swallow it. Or if it's not gel, play like it's bubble gum for an hour or something.

You can OD by chewing on a Fentanyl patch just as easy if not easier than shooting extracted Fent.

I am aware of the ampule, as I work in a hospital. The ampules are pretty cool. Sufent is pretty cool too.. I didn't do the vinegar thing.. I don't know what is wrong..

I let the pieces sit again (after I resuspended the water and shot it, and didn't really feel much). However I put the entire 2 50ug patch remains into 3mL of Rubbing alcohol and let them sit. They patches were all buccually used and let them sit for like three days.. I resuspended the solution in 2mL of sterile water and shot it again. DIDNT FEEL ANYTHING!! Ahh.. I don't know.. I did what was advised.. Except for the Vinegar, it doesn't seem like Vinegar belongs there too entirely.. Im a little hesitant for that..
Thanks tho, it does, seem like an idea.. Maybe ill use some alcohol again and put it in a spoon with the patches and evaporate it on the spoot, add more, evaporate, then resuspend with Vodka and inject that.. That doesn't seem too smart either.. Vodka works good?

a friend of mine said it worked for him using ascorbic acid heatin the water with the acid and fent , until half the water boiled off puttin new water in and repeat that 2 more times. after that the patch was smell-less and taste-less and the liquid smelled very strong. hes on 12ml methadone per day and half a 14,4 patch send him to heaven using this method.....

I red here, and don't quote me, I think Oxymorphone's thread, the one that elaborates the Fentanyl extraction process, that he uses Vodka to inject the extracted fentanyl. I could be wrong.

So basically I used RUM in place of Vodka and was going to shoot that. I took a quarter of a 50ug/hr patch and put it in 1mL of Rum and let it sit for 6 hours about now, and I was going to filter then dilute with 1mL of sterile water and shoot. Does that not seem like a good idea?

Or should I just put it on a spoon evaporate the rum and then suspend the remains with 1mL of sterile water and shoot it? Please help before I do something wrong here.

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure of the reason but I know I've read in the past if you are going to inject any alcohol from the liquor store (ie. not pure ethanol) you should use vokda in particular.. so I'm not sure it is as safe to use rum

With that being said your extraction process seems fine.

^I am no expert on IVing fent, but based on captain heroin's figure, if 200mg/L is the solubility, then only 200mcg is soluble in 1 mL.. Could it be that you simply can't fit enough of the fent in that little amount of solution, thus not feeling it when injected? I don't know, I could just be braindead right now but that is what I gathered from his post. Please correct me if I am wrong.