• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl curse

Not trying to be rude, but it's a little concerning you don't know/can't find the most basic chemical info on some of the most basic, common drugs, especially with "Research Chemicals" in your name

Holy shiiit lol

I was going to reply asking what CAS numbers even are? Is that.. like duration of effects or?

Also yada yada yada each type of opiate seems to be more euphoric for one person over the next. Some prefer heroin 24/7 and doing nothing else besides getting high perpetually for years because of the euphoria heroin gives them specifically. Others seem to prefer things like smoking fent for whatever reasons and perhaps fent is equally as euphoric/cheaper than heroin--but that I don't know.

The most euphoric opiate to us is also probably the most likely to kill us lol. For sure everyone wants a big bang for their bucks, but its just very easy--especially on things like heroin/fent which are severe downers to indulge a bit too much all at once. This is why milligram count is very important to me.... you always know what number approaches the danger zone of your use. Heroin doesn't allow you to set the limit precisely.

Whatever most of you are addicted to whether you are fully clean one day or not, just do not die from the drugs lol. It seems very obvious but so many people forgot opiates can kill them.

Last edited:
Methadone not getting you high is a pro, not a con. It will straighten you out physically so you don't need to get high, at least thats the whole intent

Bupe is usually a better choice, sure, because it is a lighter drug, but only works for people with light habits. Someone slamming a bundle of dope (or fetty especially) a day will not be fixed by subs. Most people with a serious fentanyl analogue habit will need heavy methadone, and nothing less will work.
I disagree with you that bupe is only for light habits, bupe can be applied to any habit. The first time i got off heroin i started on 16mg bupe and i was doing 2-3g heroin daily got three years.

Reading thru this thread just verifies my opinion that everybody is different.
I've been on methadone and I've been on buprenorphine. I much prefer methadone.
It's not a "high" exactly, but I get a sense of well-being and positivity that I do not get from subs.
Subs, for me, feel edgy and dirty.
YMMV

I vastly prefer methadone as far as how it feels. But that's a problem for me, I am tempted to take more to get high, whereas with bupe, no matter how much I take, I only feel relief from withdrawals, it's impossible to get high on it (now that I'm on it, I used to get a nice high from it). It would be awfully nice if I actually felt my maintenance medication... but it's not conducive to transition off opiates and forgetting about the whole process of getting high from them, though.

Also, methadone involves daily, and eventually, weekly visits to the methadone clinic. Whereas with bupe, I got an online doctor to prescribe it and all I have to do is a 5 minute monthly phone call, and then I can pick up a month of bupe at the pharmacy.

The only time I took methadone was the 10mg pills orally which was great because I had zero tolerance and it was like a clean buzz vs nodding out.

I actually feel my prayers came true… I really thought I would never get off Fent let alone Fent and subs

Now 20 days off subs. the cravings suck so bad the past few days I have been taking 50mg naltrexone daily which oddly helps with cravings (actually it makes them go away) I was prescribed these 5 years ago so no doctor to monitor anything but not really controlled so it feels sober

Not sure if they are sub or Fent cravings

Holy shiiit lol

I was going to reply asking what CAS numbers even are? Is that.. like duration of effects or?

Also yada yada yada each type of opiate seems to be more euphoric for one person over the next. Some prefer heroin 24/7 and doing nothing else besides getting high perpetually for years because of the euphoria heroin gives them specifically. Others seem to prefer things like smoking fent for whatever reasons and perhaps fent is equally as euphoric/cheaper than heroin--but that I don't know.

The most euphoric opiate to us is also probably the most likely to kill us lol. For sure everyone wants a big bang for their bucks, but its just very easy--especially on things like heroin/fent which are severe downers to indulge a bit too much all at once. This is why milligram count is very important to me.... you always know what number approaches the danger zone of your use. Heroin doesn't allow you to set the limit precisely.

Whatever most of you are addicted to whether you are fully clean one day or not, just do not die from the drugs lol. It seems very obvious but so many people forgot opiates can kill them.
Can't remember what CAS stands for, but it's basically just a uniuqe number ID for each chemical- basically the name in numbers, so it works internationally/across languages

For someone in chemistry, it is about as basic as it gets, literally a 3 second search, so I sure hope that guy isn't actually working with RCs

Last edited:
I disagree with you that bupe is only for light habits, bupe can be applied to any habit. The first time i got off heroin i started on 16mg bupe and i was doing 2-3g heroin daily got three years.

That's impressive. Everyone is different. And definitely depends on purity. I have experience myself, and seen it with others, 32mg of bupe and still wicked diarrhea, dilated pupils, etc, especially with fent and fent analogues

I vastly prefer methadone as far as how it feels. But that's a problem for me, I am tempted to take more to get high, whereas with bupe, no matter how much I take, I only feel relief from withdrawals, it's impossible to get high on it (now that I'm on it, I used to get a nice high from it). It would be awfully nice if I actually felt my maintenance medication... but it's not conducive to transition off opiates and forgetting about the whole process of getting high from them, though.

Also, methadone involves daily, and eventually, weekly visits to the methadone clinic. Whereas with bupe, I got an online doctor to prescribe it and all I have to do is a 5 minute monthly phone call, and then I can pick up a month of bupe at the pharmacy.

I feel like this is a conundrum with "maintenance". Maintenance technically doesn't exist to "get people off opiates". Maintenance exists because they decided that people were going to keep using anyway & this would help deter some of the crime & problems associated with using street drugs. Maintenance was meant for people who didn't wanna quit & would most likely never quit.
A lot of people think maintenance is suppose to be for "getting clean". And while it can help some in that regard, it wasn't necessarily started with that as the main intention behind it.

Now back to the conundrum I'm talking about. Maintenance is suppose to be there to help stop cravings, but yet they don't want you to feel your meds. Which makes no sense because how can something work well enough for cravings if it doesn't cause SOME mental effects? Well it doesn't. This is why so many people, whether on bupe or methadone, still end up going back to heroin or fent or whatever. Because at least those drugs give them the feeling they are after.

I would love to get on methadone to get rid of this empty hole inside me that buprenorphine just can't fill, but I can't because there's no way I could put up with daily visits just take to take my meds. I think that's arbitrary & ridiculous. I took opioids for 10+ years without a doctor & never once overdosed, but the government wants to make me come in daily to take some frickin' methadone? So stupid. So I had to settle with subs as well, even though I've started to hate them.

Only thing that can truly stop heroin cravings is..... heroin obviously. God I really hope & pray to see heroin legalization in my lifetime!! Grrrr. At least start offering people other full agonist options for maintenance.

Methadone life is easier? Yes in the short term but if you are trying to stop using methadone will not help you, methadone doesnt get you high and juat stops you from beind dope sick so if thats your plan then you might as well use bupe to get clean and you wont be dope sick and if you do it correctly you can easily get clean with bupe in a matter of 10 days or 2 weeks. Offcourse its easier to take methadone and that way you wont get sick when you dont have dope but you wont get high easier, it is a short term solution i know many people who have been on
Methadone for years and they are never getting off it because with time it simply becomes too hard.

Reading thru this thread just verifies my opinion that everybody is different.
I've been on methadone and I've been on buprenorphine. I much prefer methadone.
It's not a "high" exactly, but I get a sense of well-being and positivity that I do not get from subs.
Subs, for me, feel edgy and dirty.
YMMV
I'm the opposite. I get the well being from bupe and methadone makes me crave sugar like crazy and I feel like crap.
I believe (I've been researching for a while) that
any opiates as far as affects are concerned depends on the dose and the person.

I'm the opposite. I get the well being from bupe and methadone makes me crave sugar like crazy and I feel like crap.
Interesting. Methadone definitely gave me the munchies for sweets but I always felt healthy, energetic, and had a strong sense of well-being.
Again, everybody is different.

Can't remember what CAS stands for, but it's basically just a uniuqe number ID for each chemical- basically the name in numbers, so it works internationally/across languages

For someone in chemistry, it is about as basic as it gets, literally a 3 second search, so I sure hope that guy isn't actually working with RCs

Oh wow okay... that's a brilliant idea actually.

Just assumed in Japanese "oxycodone" was still "oxycodone" but maybe visually its just too different to not have CAS in place. It pretty funny someone asked for the CAS never heard that in my life

It’s also highly necessary thing.

Thing is there are many ways to describe some chemical, the more complex it gets, detailed chemical formula or if you want “true name” of some chemical gets longer and sometimes you’ll end up with a page long alpha – numerical name for substance. You see where need for CAS numbers come?
It’s not only cross-language problem you see, I have books about IUPAC naming and how to properly call chemicals IN MY NATIVE language but according to INTERNATIONALLY agreed rules.

Not trying to be rude, but it's a little concerning you don't know/can't find the most basic chemical info on some of the most basic, common drugs, especially with "Research Chemicals" in your name
Something seems off to me too..it is concerning

*TMI alert* My challenges have unfortunately returned at 4000 hours. My Xanax addiction is back and I’ve been around the other stuff quite a bit but have refrained from using it for now but I really wanted to take a hit before my domination experience (that’s something I never did before either I was always submissive before) I was also looking for my misplaced stuff for 12 hours (I have no tolerance though so it might be a death wish finding it but definitely sick of that mundane life and all just got fired too)

I had a bad Fent habit many years back when you could get it in large quantity for minimal cost, and was buying like 5 or more grams at a time. When I first discovered it and had access to tons of it, being a person who gravitates toward opiates anyway, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Well, that changed rather quickly once I started to redose compulsively at intervals of 2 hours or less, over time. That short half life is a killer, and at my worst, I was having to wake up every 2 hours during sleep to redose because I was going into WDs and waking up in a cold sweat and feeling like garbage, of course.

Once it went that far, I knew I was in trouble. Then of course, the supply got cut off, so I went from having huge vials of it to knowing that it was all coming to an end once I finished the last vial. I tried to taper, an exercise in futility, and knew once it was gone I was fucked. Well, it was literally the worst experience of my life once I went into full blown WDs that were insane, and did not sleep for a about 2 week or more, and it took months to sleep adequately. During the acute WDs, I had loads of Valium, and took tons to no avail. Even tons of Valium impaired the shit out of me, but if I fell asleep for a few minutes here and there, but even that didn't help. It was like a living nightmare, and to be honest, I was in many ways traumatized by that week, those months, those experiences, and again, it transcended anything I could ever have imagined. This, coming from someone who cold-turkeyed from a Morphine habit before that. Also CTed off of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and Dilaudid. I should have known better after all that, but nothing could compare to Fent WDs. And there was nothing that would help in any way, and I tried everything.

Later in this journey I found Kratom, a godsend, but it was after most of the damage was done but it did inspire me to do away with opiates of any kind, which I do and have done and have no interest in them at all anymore. Any time I see Fent mentioned I try to share this as a way of perhaps saving someone from getting locked in that surreal, nightmare of a prison. It was the worst decision I ever made, and I have learned and grown from it, thankfully. Anyway, it's just not worth it. Not even a little.

Now over 100 hours, I really think the worst was at 40 hours I did have aches and pains that sucked around 70 hours now it’s just sleeping enough and I’m now off all my comfort meds. Not sure why it was so much easier this time, maybe it was because detoxing from fet sucks way more and maybe it’s because I had no choice as I had no subs left. Also helps to be below a 1mg stable dose before stopping as I didn’t do than before and failed but I also had the choice to give in and take a sub before and actually I wanted to do that a few times I even dreamed I found a bunch of subs last night. From checking my stable dose could still be between 0.1 and 0.2mg
You weren't on the subs for very long and it was a low dose which is probably the main factors in the lighter withdrawal.

Last edited: