• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl curse

reasoni

Bluelighter
I have detoxed off fet 3x since thanksgiving; every time I’m on it I want off it until I’m off it then I want on it. It makes it so hard to breathe I have to use inhalers. It’s been a 10 day curse 10 days on then 10 days off. When detoxing I get so sick the 3rd day I use subs but they don’t actually work till the 5th day. My heart is so rapid taking fet I now have to also use xanax

2023 I pray this stops

I have detoxed off fet 3x since thanksgiving; every time I’m on it I want off it until I’m off it then I want on it. It makes it so hard to breathe I have to use inhalers. It’s been a 10 day curse 10 days on then 10 days off. When detoxing I get so sick the 3rd day I use subs but they don’t actually work till the 5th day. My heart is so rapid taking fet I now have to also use xanax

2023 I pray this stops
If you're suffering health consequences like not being able to breath is it because you smoke it?

In my experience life is pretty shitty no matter how good or clean I am or how much I have...but what's even more shitty is being strung out. Some of us may never truly feel happy.

You only have two options

1. A mundane normal boring and maybe depressing life.

2. Rapid decline to oblivion and death using fentanyl

I would describe fent feel like a dream. Other opioids or opiates--synthetic or not--seem to have a nice taper off as the high recedes. With fent it seems to be a mind-blowing feeling for people like us, but then it disappears quickly and "that's all that was" before the redose. Its not a pretty life and it wouldn't be hard to do fent for life if given the finances/opportunity to waste it away until death lol.

The mental aspect of the withdrawal is brutal. Had zero physical symptoms other than some mild obvious ones like appetite gone/issues sleeping/very low energy. Personally I don't think fent is worth it because its just a dream-like state that doesn't really much allow you to experience life in any format other than staring at a wall like a slug and being content with your situation. I've never experienced the struggling to breathe properly that you are dealing with. However, I'm not sure if thats a dosage thing or your body's particular negative reaction to the drug. It sounds very serious and concerning, and that can't be a good omen for continuing to use on the regular.

I recommend looking into suboxone/methadone if you really cannot quit and would absolutely reach the point where you can't take it anymore. I had the misfortune of cold-turkeying a pressed fent pill crusade and just want to say, I would never do it without suboxone again if I so much as touch fent within my future a bit too many times. Do you think you may be willing to try getting on suboxone if you cannot stop? Its a powerful feeling.. many junkies despise fent because "it has zero euphoria and only nodding out" as the high. For others like us it seems to be one of the best feelings possible, and something like it will obviously defeat so many people who enjoy the substance no matter the will-power involved. The temptation is too grand to resist for some mortals ;). I don't really think about fent much now but I do remember the days lol. I wouldn't say life is "boring" without it but it definitely is a hard adjustment and the happiness off opiates does not come when you want it to per say. Recalling staring at the wall doing nothing and being blown away by the sensation despite the nods and etcetera. No other substance that I've personally used allowed me to stare at paint drying and still be completely satisfied with my life while doing nothing at all. That can't be too entertaining for long you know? At least the perpetual boredom of sobriety allows your life to be slightly more interesting than being a blob, though. After 2 months of experiencing it all, my supply permanently ran out and I never really wanted to seek it out after how pleasurable it felt... this might've been around early 2020.

Last edited:
I just hit 400 hours since taking fet, I have tapered to 1 mg sub I hope to get off that soon too the Xanax helps but my heart rate is still avg 110 but at least I can breath normally again; I did smoke pure powder and I usually took take a hit every 30 min

I flushed much of it actually over an oz and 100s of blues because I didn’t want to die now I’m broke ready to get evicted so I don’t recommended buying 1000s of dollars of fet to flush down the toilet

Thanks for the support

I just hit 400 hours since taking fet, I have tapered to 1 mg sub I hope to get off that soon too the Xanax helps but my heart rate is still avg 110 but at least I can breath normally again; I did smoke pure powder and I usually took take a hit every 30 min

I flushed much of it actually over an oz and 100s of blues because I didn’t want to die now I’m broke ready to get evicted so I don’t recommended buying 1000s of dollars of fet to flush down the toilet

Thanks for the support
Stay on the sub as long as you need, but get off Xanax asap

Benzo withdrawal makes opiate withdrawal look easy. Trust me. 10/10 horror.

I agree benzo withdrawal is bad I withdrew of benzos many times even midazolam which was my very worst benzo withdrawal but I have had no luck withdrawing off of subs almost 4 years I have taken and I only have 24 mg left no doctor since I moved I only have around 20 mg of Xanax left too but I got that non rx so it might not even be measured since it was probably made in a street lab I hope it doesn’t have fet in it I still don’t feel right with my heart racing all the time but I’ll take your advice and get off it asap

I agree benzo withdrawal is bad I withdrew of benzos many times even midazolam which was my very worst benzo withdrawal but I have had no luck withdrawing off of subs almost 4 years I have taken and I only have 24 mg left no doctor since I moved I only have around 20 mg of Xanax left too but I got that non rx so it might not even be measured since it was probably made in a street lab I hope it doesn’t have fet in it I still don’t feel right with my heart racing all the time but I’ll take your advice and get off it asap

If you're getting street presses you should order off the internet instead. Ironically can be safer. But really, imho, you should accept staying on subs over Xanax

I’m at a 1.4 mg steady sub dose and it’s been rough I’m down to 16mg so I have to taper faster, as for the Xanax I am tapering to a bar from a half but I have no clue if it’s 2mg bars or stronger/weaker. I hit 20 days off fet and still don’t feel great but I at least can work again but my focus/motivation is terrible. I’m also having stomach issues and Imodium would be nice but I’m going to avoid it for now

Now at 1.0 mg steady dose; even going to 0.75mg a day sucks; also first day yesterday I didn’t take any Xanax don’t really notice any benzo withdrawal (yet) or the sub withdrawal is covering it up

You're forgetting the very obvious option

3. Make life nicer and less depressing by using a drug that isn't sodding fentanyl.
I agree with #3; I told this girl I hate meth but she smirked at me that it probably saved my life (I almost OD but for some reason I woke up 45 minutes later and I was also smoking meth that time) however once I stopped using meth and only doing fentanyl I didn’t get as close to ODing so I’m still mixed on that.

Went down to 0.5 mg sub and felt like I got shot 18 hours in; I thought I was through the worst going from 2 to 1 mg but that is easy going to 0.75 and 0.5 levels is much more difficult :/

5th day no Xanax (or maybe it’s a RC benzo) so now it just getting off the subs

I figure I’m f*cked either way decided to flush 8mg of subs, now have 2.25mg left

I figure I’m f*cked either way decided to flush 8mg of subs, now have 2.25mg left

Why'd you do that? Probably not helpful, but you'll do better with a longer time on lower and lower doses. Either way, 8mg wouldn't make a big difference, either way you're going to withdraw unless you were able to taper down to like 0.05mg very slowly. And even then you would to some extent.

I hope you're able to stay away from fentanyl. <3

If you're suffering health consequences like not being able to breath is it because you smoke it?

In my experience life is pretty shitty no matter how good or clean I am or how much I have...but what's even more shitty is being strung out. Some of us may never truly feel happy.

You only have two options

1. A mundane normal boring and maybe depressing life.

2. Rapid decline to oblivion and death using fentanyl
That is so sad. It's true yes but there are great things to live for. Love. Art. Music. Friends. Being popular as ever livin heck. Ecksettra.

Not leturing. I felt like that literally hours ago. But I'm working on stabilizing my dopamine. Wellbutrin is good at that, but the sear continues.

As for OP, find a clinic asap. I'd recommend against methadone. Go for Suboxone. I've been on suboxone for two years and it's really been positive for me. I tried fent and it gave me a headache. Completely blocked it. There have been so many times where I almost did fent but stopped myself because I knew that the Suboxone would block it. And every once in a while you're rewarded with a surprise buzz that you don't really crave anymore but still hits. Like when you run out and have to taper and re-up. Or when you miss a day or two. Or sometimes just randomly when they absorb better. Plus they fill that dopamine gap that makes you feel depressed when you're off opiates. I still feel depressed but that's because I also did stims.

Do Suboxone. You'll be glad you did. Fent is a nowhere road. Take it from me, a 15 year lowlife. An aimless junky who only manages clean time with Suboxone. Now I'm off the needle and if I didn't have subs, who knows where I'd be.