• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fecal Impaction... Bupe?

yes I believe it was. I was on suboxone for a few months and I just got out of the hospital ater they removed a 5 ft piece of shit that had backed all the way up through my lower intestine. It hurt like a shotgun wound and they didnt give me any painkillers.

I never had consatipation from years of opiate use but as soon as I got on subs, i was only crapping once a week tops.

Holy shit, no pun intended

Bupe backs me up worse than anything else I have ever done, Ive had to buy stool softeners and drink prune juice to try to take a dump without sitting in agony for a half hour to only release a few pebbles

diet

fiber

exercise

and only use stool softeners and laxatives when for sure needed........

bupe backs me up badly as well, that is one of the reasons i tapered to a low dose....

When I was on bupe, I didn't have any problems with constipation, but I was getting serious cravings for fruit and real fruit drinks/popsicles. Maybe you guys who are having issues with constipation should take a look at your diet, because I've never had bowel issues other than during W/D. Also take a look at how much water you're drinking - most people walk around most of the time slightly to significantly dehydrated, and I'd imagine that would make a difference as well.

~CTdopeLove

Ok this scares the shit out of me (no pun intended) after reading this..I am on bupe and I barely shit at all either and when I do it is in painful bunched up pebbles as posted before..Is there a good method to stop this before it happens? I also have ulcerative colitis and I know how painful that is but I could not imagine going thru what the OP did..Man that sucks... So diet exercise fiber is the consensus?

^when I took opioids daily, I liked using clear fiber powder that you could add to any drink and it wouldn't alter the taste, its also very cheap... so a high fiber diet, lots of water, exercise and coffee are all very helpful.

Next stool softeners are safer to use and more gentle than laxatives and if you have go the laxative route, I recommend senekot-S, its a mild stimulant laxative and stool softener combination that is gentle enough for daily administration if necessary (I was on this regimen when prescribed oxycodone daily for chronic pain).

hmmm, ill have to check out that stool softener... i have a different one...

and i agree with the fiber you used.... a brand is called benefibre....that is the shit right there....

Shooting speed or coke is good way of getting shit out of your rectum when suffering from opioid caused constipation.

^ haha, even IN.....

ive snorted a few lines, and ran straight to the toilet.....

damn that sucks im sorry... subs aint never have that effect on me but the most i ever did at once was a 8mg pill then next time it was 4mg then lower every other time ...

oc was my drug i never had no constipation problems on it ...but i ended up fuckin with herion and thats when my constipation problem started i still shitted like one time every few days but it was pain ful and took a long time but i knew i had to make it happen but with subs i never had that problem the last time i did them was when i was gettin off of shootin oc and i started with a half of 8mg ....4mg then i went to 2mg ....then 2 mg .....then 2 mg... then stoppped hurted for a few days then i was fine.. and since then i been good for a month

^ that actually really depends....

like in jamesbrowns case, he was already so severely constipated, that the blockage stopped any futher bowel movements...

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping it will get seen. I have been on bupe for 2 weeks now. The first week was great..until I realized I hadn had a bm in a week! I tried everything from fiber to enemas to no avail. It has been 2 weeks today since I was able to "go". I am so uncomfortabl. Imw to the hospital now. I read about a drug called relistor that can help opiate induced constipation and am curious if it works. Maybe I will find out soon!! I'm so nervous/embarrassed to go to the ER over poop!!

Constipation is common and nothing to be embarrassed about, (considering it's already been two weeks) def rational choice to go to the ER/DR now before it gets worse.

Last edited:
People underestimate the power of yogurt. Yogurt has bacteria that help to digest your food. Eat at least one yogurt a day along with some prunes and fiber and drink a normal amount of water everyday and you will shit fine everuday. I do this and I take 8mg bupe everyday and I shit regular. Its still painful cause its big but it always comes out. Now if I dont eat yogurt and the other stuff I will be fucked and not be able to shit the enormous turd out. One of the most annoying side effects of opiates imo.

When i was on methadone, i would consistently go from 7-9 days without taking #2...it sucked, I would push out bricks when I did go and usually had to use mineral oil enemas and let them sit in me for a couple days, this usually worked and by the 3rd day, the mineral oil had softened it up quite a bit.

I did have a couple times when even that didnt work, so I decided to take advantage of the pain killing effects from H and get it out while under the influence, I found this helped with the pain.

I dont know if its been mentioned, but MAGNESIUM CITRATE will clean you out.

It'll pump water into your feces and you'll be shitting like crazy for a day or so.

It's the only thing that helps when I'm on a bupe binge. I know its not recommended to do all the time but it was either that or fecal impaction.

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping it will get seen. I have been on bupe for 2 weeks now. The first week was great..until I realized I hadn had a bm in a week! I tried everything from fiber to enemas to no avail. It has been 2 weeks today since I was able to "go". I am so uncomfortabl. Imw to the hospital now. I read about a drug called relistor that can help opiate induced constipation and am curious if it works. Maybe I will find out soon!! I'm so nervous/embarrassed to go to the ER over poop!!

The thing that worked the best for me was a Polyethylene Glycol prescription. It doesn't cause explosive bm's or anything so you just end up with thinner softer turds starting the next day.

The thing that worked the best for me was a Polyethylene Glycol prescription. It doesn't cause explosive bm's or anything so you just end up with thinner softer turds starting the next day.
Good advice. I use PG in combo with linzess which is a prescription drug that increases bowl motility and fluid leading to softer poo. It works I poop everyday now at 2mg bupe a day