• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fear of Flying - Help Please

Wondering about testing. I think it would do me some good to test the Xanax or Klonopin at 1 mg to see how it feels.

Does it matter if I test at night? The flight will be in the a.m. but I don't want to test before work. Testing Xanax one time shouldn't make it lose it's effect, right?

Tested last night. Please help me figure this out.

I had no real anxiety but wanted to ensure no adverse effects. I took 0.5 mg of Xanax. About an hour later I did feel more lazy, kinda slow, to the point where I felt like the medicine was working. It didn't work quite as well as I'd hoped, but still did work to some degree. My appetite went through the roof. At night, I couldn't sleep, but wasn't really anxious.

Today I am a mess. Feel real down, disinterested, and anxiety is up. Any idea what's going on? Trying to figure this out for the flight Monday ☹

No idea, I feel like you are making it more complicated than it has to be. 1mg of xanax or so should be perfectly fine. If not 2mgs, your anxiety shouldn't be up after one day of using benzos that's just your normal anxiety without the pills.

Flyboy, I get very hungry taking Xanax as well. Being that benzodiazepine drugs are "downers" you will feel sluggish to some degree afterwards. That's normal so don't worry. It sounds like you might be having some rebound anxiety and that's why it's been suggested that you stop testing them. Don't take any more until the morning of your flight for optimal effectiveness. Hope this helps and try to relax!