• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

FDA approves Ecstasy : New treatment of Iraq war veterans with resistant PTSD

TheCrackFairy said:
Holy shit. Americas redeeming itself by the day.
Wouldnt hold my breath....

HerrSchnaufer said:
well to be fair, the headline was wrong. The FDA haven't actually approved shit ... there's a 40 person study. That's all.

In fact, this whole thread is a load of hype over nothing all that significant really.

Yup, thats what I was saying. This article is bullshit, we've been reading the same thing for years now. Nothing has actually changed, its just a newspaper that finally decided to write about it.

(The MAPS studies, that is, and they've been fucking around with mdma psilo lsd iboga etc for a few years now... anyone ever look at the banners on this site? Well, before they started being all about EZ Test lol)

FDA approves Ecstasy New treatment of Iraq war veterans with resistant PTSD

Thats what I find most misleading about this article.

Might I add that the Iraqi's are all opium addicts, why not let our soldiers fight the mo fo's on PCP, methanphetamine, and coke? I'm sure they wouldn't mind... Or just legalize weed, and then no one would fight wars.

...And opium would prevent wars too, as long as you had a lifetime supply of it ;-P
Also, american soldiers have been smuggling middle eastern opium under the support of the US Army in the past and probably present. Truth*

Last edited:
great news, I really hope this will help troops who arnt getting the results they need from accepted medicines. although I gotta say, some of the posts in this thread really piss me off. PTSD and the horrors of war are not matters to joke about becuase you want and love mdma. there are real people out there trying to cope with the fact that theyve killed people, or that they watched their brother blow up in front of them.

Last edited:
alhough I gotta say some of the posts in this thread really piss me off. PTSD and the horrors of war are not matters to joke about becuase you want and love mdma. there are real people out there trying to cope with the fact that they killed people, or that they watched there brother blow up in front of them.

Agreed.

Bluelight posters often make drug users as a group look very stereotypical. :(

Maybe BL will get lucky enough for one of these patients to post up their study....

Not sending people overseas to get PTSD in the first place would be more effective IMO.

This is not a good thing.

Agreed, BUT thats just not possible and you know this.

bring the fight to them or they bring the fight to us.. its that simple.

For many years MDMA was legal (only schedule 2, I think) and was used by psychiatrists for this very reason, to help in "breakthrough" therapy with patients who did not respond to more standard techniques.

In fact it was only during the 80s when a bar in Texas was openly advertising "Ecstacy" as a fun party drug that it was made illegal. In fact it was the doctors who showed up in court, begging the government to at least keep it schedule 2 so it could be used for medicinal purposes - a recommendation the judge agreed with and passed on to the government - but good old Uncle Sam decided to completely outlaw it.

Anyway, its nice to see E being given a chance to return to the roots it was intended for - to help people with emotional distress.

And as far as it being "just as addictive" as any other schedule 2 drug, that's bull - E is one of the least addictive substances out there. Chemically it is proven to be non addictive and, aside from just missing it on ocassion, few people - if any - develop a true mental addiction.

Hell, I did it almost every week for many years and when I just "fell out" of the party scene it was no big deal, I didn't find myself clamouring for E, nor did anyone else i know who dropped out of the rave scene.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, in fact I still think it's the best drug experience on earth, but the very fact that i feel that way about it and don't seek it out on a regular basis is further proof people just don't suffer from E addiction!

the government owes them somethin to treat them or at least help after all they go threw.

Wow, about time. It's no secret how it can change a person's life. There is hope.

speaking from experience, your dead right, here...

after doing a five year stint in the para`s, going back to being "joe public" was so hard, i was turning in to something i didnt wanna be. a seething ball of anger, i turned to high end crime to get the same kind of "on the razors edge" thrill of military life. needless to say, thats a bad road to follow. however, it did lead me to trying mdma, somthing i probably wouldnt have done if i hadnt of mixed in that particular circle.

the first time, i didnt get the right dose form one tablet, so it was suggested that i take two.

what was it like ? i dont think you could ever really explain to the un-initiated, but when it hit me after 30 minutes, it was as if all the hurts in my life were gone in an instant... the music was "speaking" to me in a clarity i hadnt heard before, my body felt like a continual orgasm and i fell in love with the universe, with that love returned.

on the monday, i revealed to my doctor that this is the wonderdrug for people like me. he mentioned that the angst had run away from my face and my attitude had changed. if only shulgin could have got together with other professionals and got this in to the pharm scene, it could have been stopped being demonised by becoming illicit.

did it change my life ? YES.

fellow soldiers i know have been on all sorts of other meds and have made no progress except down the hill. one other soldier i gave the same therapy to has seen me as a saviour and has made great progress. to quote "i have everything good back now". this chemical is a wonderdrug and the gov should start treating it as such. but the pharm companies wont want a cure all for ptsd, simply because they wouldnt be making the exorbitant amount of money any more.

i havent taken any for 18 months now, because the supply is so short. needless to say, things are going backwards again...

Last edited:
from my knowledge on watching (australian) tv, medical cannabis is smashing the us everywhere. medical mdma would be fukin briliant as australia is following the us's footsteps. would be freat for the black market. in aussie anyways every other country in the worlds mdma is blooming

As an experienced user, bad news gets fucked up and heavy on amps, especially empathogens. likewise I think MDMA would be a fairly shitty choice to help cope with shit, but in combination with therapy I'd think it would just create more work for the therapists. I'm no therapy expert though.

For many years MDMA was legal (only schedule 2, I think) and was used by psychiatrists for this very reason, to help in "breakthrough" therapy with patients who did not respond to more standard techniques.

In fact it was only during the 80s when a bar in Texas was openly advertising "Ecstacy" as a fun party drug that it was made illegal. In fact it was the doctors who showed up in court, begging the government to at least keep it schedule 2 so it could be used for medicinal purposes - a recommendation the judge agreed with and passed on to the government - but good old Uncle Sam decided to completely outlaw it.

Anyway, its nice to see E being given a chance to return to the roots it was intended for - to help people with emotional distress.

And as far as it being "just as addictive" as any other schedule 2 drug, that's bull - E is one of the least addictive substances out there. Chemically it is proven to be non addictive and, aside from just missing it on ocassion, few people - if any - develop a true mental addiction.

Hell, I did it almost every week for many years and when I just "fell out" of the party scene it was no big deal, I didn't find myself clamouring for E, nor did anyone else i know who dropped out of the rave scene.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, in fact I still think it's the best drug experience on earth, but the very fact that i feel that way about it and don't seek it out on a regular basis is further proof people just don't suffer from E addiction!
it was NEVER schedule 2.
it was just unscheduled, then illegal.

from my knowledge on watching (australian) tv, medical cannabis is smashing the us everywhere. medical mdma would be fukin briliant as australia is following the us's footsteps. would be freat for the black market. in aussie anyways every other country in the worlds mdma is blooming

It wouldn't do SHIT for the black market, since, patients wouldn't have regular access to their drugs, and it wouldn't be a daily, or even weekly dose, as has been said many times in this thread. When every patient whose prescribed MDMA psychotherapy has an annual dosage of 560mg (based on 4 sessions a year, using the full therapeutic 100mg with 40mg supplement), there's incredibly little room for the black market to step in.

As a side note, MDMA certainly isn't blooming in the UK.

As an experienced user, bad news gets fucked up and heavy on amps, especially empathogens. likewise I think MDMA would be a fairly shitty choice to help cope with shit, but in combination with therapy I'd think it would just create more work for the therapists. I'm no therapy expert though.

Those that know, seem to disagree. Perhaps it's you, rather than amphetamine based entactogens/empathogens. Do consider that it has shown stunning results where they've been recorded, and anecdotally, it's widely known how beneficial it was. It was sort of re-discovered with this purpose in mind.

this. mdma was originally slated for empathetic psychological usage.

slated? In what way? Of course not sending soldiers over seas to war would be preferable, but in a world that's ruled by the worst of us, that's not going to happen.

i don't have anything hugely significant to say. i just think it's great that they aren't taking an "it's illegal and, therefor, bad" approach. i hope it works. if not for my own recreational purposes (which would be amazing) then for people it will actually help.

Additionally, I think LSD and mushrooms would be a better place to start
Why on earth would you want to give someone who is suffering from PTSD LSD, or mushrooms? If they can't quit thinking about all the awful things that had happened to them in the past, giving them a psychedelic drug would just ensue a hard time.. MDMA\MDA would be far more suitable. I'm a huge psychedelic fan, and love expanding my mind, but I cannot grasp your concept here.

Why on earth would you want to give someone who is suffering from PTSD LSD, or mushrooms? If they can't quit thinking about all the awful things that had happened to them in the past, giving them a psychedelic drug would just ensue a hard time.. MDMA\MDA would be far more suitable. I'm a huge psychedelic fan, and love expanding my mind, but I cannot grasp your concept here.

Both psychedelics and entactogens have their place. For some people, psychedelics will be far more effective than MDMA.

Don't forget, MDMA IS a psychedelic. It's the true psychedelic nature of it which actually makes it such an effective drug.

Think about Shulgin and all the 2C-X/DOx compounds he was working with too. They are psychedelics, but share qualities with MDMA.