⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread Favourite genre of film?

sounds very avante guard
I didn't want to say it but i enjoy those kind of films pretty often. Just trying to hide my abject pretension. Busted again I guess.

I didn't want to say it but i enjoy those kind of films pretty often. Just trying to hide my abject pretension. Busted again I guess.
had to correct my spelling , i was all bath bed and beyond last night, when its beyond a bath and bed(lol), i so love radical, experimental shhtuff

Whatever genre The Blair Witch Project is. Horror? It was a new way to produce whatever genre

Saw it on opening night. It was a movie that made me wonder what I just watched

They were really good about the promotion and advertising of it

It had a $300,000 budget and did $248M box office. That's crazy

Its success supported the growth of an entire genre of films recorded from personal cameras

yeah man the way that movie was marketed was insane. On the local news and stuff. People talking about if it was real or not. It was sold out for like a week or something I think at the mall. I remember buying Pokémon cards at the EB games next to the movie theater in the mall the night I watched it. Ate at the sbarro as well. Those were good times.

Puzzle. I've seen last night "Iron Doors" and tbh it was pretty close to first cube unlike others puzzle films

30s Silent Slapstick
40s Preston Sturges films
50s Film Noir
60s Spaghetti Westerns
70s Blaxploitation
80s Sci-Fi
90s Hong Kong Action

but I also like drama, mystery, crime/thriller, comedy, and horror too. But those seem too general?

oh and French New Wave.

Last edited:
anything historical or based in factual events
most anything after that

but still comedies I like the most

Good comedies are so Hard to find, as with good Science-Fiction. The only ones i can remember that were worthwhile were the following:
-naked gun 1 (other 2 Not that great anymore)
-mafia
-anchormen 1 & 2
-all of the Austin powers movies
There are the old Zucker movies like airplane! But these are a Bit antiquated.

Anyway i like good Science-Fiction and Action movies. And the indipendent Cinema is always worth a look. I Dont like too old movies from before 1930 and Fantasy or historic events depicted. And spare me the Mainstream Cinema, there is Terminator Franchise and maybe Mission impossible, the Rest is unwatchable.

Last edited:
I love movies like "twelve monkeys", "bronson", "the martyrs", "irriversible",

Genre: schizofrenic shizzle

its gotta have hobbits in it.

Last edited:
Sci-fi for sure! & then Horror...Not gory, but SPOOKY... stuff like the conjuring, exorcist, the ring, insideous, sinister, prometheus, the thing, Us...etc :vampire: there was a series on netflix that was quite good, a bit of a slow burn, about an island & the preacher was a vampire & he brought over the "creature" that Turned him. ;-)

I don't have remote idea of what I like to watch
I do like 2d animations, but that's more a style than a genre

30s Silent Slapstick
40s Preston Sturges films
50s Film Noir
60s Spaghetti Westerns
70s Blaxploitation
80s Sci-Fi
90s Hong Kong Action

but I also like drama, mystery, crime/thriller, comedy, and horror too. But those seem too general?

oh and French New Wave.
what is a spaghetti western? does that even mean something?