Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread Favourite genre of film?

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
So what's everyone's favourite genre of film? Doesn't have to be one, can be a load lol.

I'd say mine would be horror, sci-fi, comedy, psychological films too.

Last edited:
Docs, horror, movies about animals, cult films.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Christmas GIF
bad B movies
Drag Gravy GIF

Favs are mostly Horror, Parody, Comedy and anything that falls under the general umbrella of disturbing/extreme/banned/controversial [not saying that to sound like an edge lord, I just like films that really push boundaries]
Oh and what I call "mind fuck" movies,

I dunno tbh if there's more to life but for fuckin sure I've discovered a whole new realm and i can easily use we as humans, I dunno if y'all familiar with THE PENULTIMATE you can click the link btw if you see the lil blue ring that's a link, anyway

Sci-fi,Mystery,Biography,fantasy,documentalistic,antropology

Action, thriller and science fiction, but with the latter a good movie is hard to find.

Akira Kurosawa Samurai films from Japan staring Toshiro Mifune. Never fet tired of watching them. Close second 1970s/80s Hong Kong ghost/vampire vs kung fu movies.

Black/dark comedy. Westerns.. Only starting to appreciate them now though. The Power of the Dog most recently - I thought that was fantastic.

Scifi or horror but bad sci-f/horror is exceptionally terrible. You have to weed through a ton of shit.

i really like alt history stuff as well, but difficult to find as much

Whatever genre The Blair Witch Project is. Horror? It was a new way to produce whatever genre

Saw it on opening night. It was a movie that made me wonder what I just watched

They were really good about the promotion and advertising of it

It had a $300,000 budget and did $248M box office. That's crazy

Its success supported the growth of an entire genre of films recorded from personal cameras

Whatever genre The Blair Witch Project is. Horror? It was a new way to produce whatever genre

Saw it on opening night. It was a movie that made me wonder what I just watched

They were really good about the promotion and advertising of it

It had a $300,000 budget and did $248M box office. That's crazy

Its success supported the growth of an entire genre of films recorded from personal cameras
Found horror

Not quite sure what I like by genre, I feel like I can better gauge a film by who directed it than what style it is.

Been liking Quentin Dupieux's stuff recently.

Found horror

Not quite sure what I like by genre, I feel like I can better gauge a film by who directed it than what style it is.

Been liking Quentin Dupieux's stuff recently.
like so much , deerskin, rubber kinda bounced off my head

Next one for horror sci-fi - together, w/o an OR. We have much too little good material of this genre, best are imo still the alien trilogy, Dark Matter etc. some Netflix stuff like Helix (1st season), 12 monkeys (series, not the movie!) and some of which names I've shamefully forgotten. Blends nice with the dark headspace of dissociatives. But I've rarely ever met somebody else who favorites this genre.

like so much , deerskin, rubber kinda bounced off my head
You ever see wrong cops? Not like high art or anything, but between the gratuitous house music and the weird humor, I had a great time watching it.

You ever see wrong cops? Not like high art or anything, but between the gratuitous house music and the weird humor, I had a great time watching it.
i love low brow art and arts of all kinds, no i havent , but so look forward, ty