Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favourite Drug based Movie

Which is your favourite drug themed movie?

• Around The Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barfly

• The Basketball Diaries

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Belly

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Blow

Votes: 29 6.3%
  • Candy

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Cheech & Chong ...

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Clockers

• Deep Cover

• Drugstore Cowboy

Votes: 28 6.1%
  • Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Votes: 92 20.1%
  • Go

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Grass

• Half Baked

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • How High

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Human Traffic

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • hurlyburly

• It's All Gone Pete Tong

• Layer Cake

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Leaving Las Vegas

• Less Than Zero

• Little Fish

• Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • The Man with The Golden Arm

• Maria Full of Grace

• Naked Lunch

• New Jack City

• Paid in Full

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Reefer Madness

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Requiem For A Dream

Votes: 54 11.8%
  • Rush

• The Salton Sea

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Scarface

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Sid & Nancy

• Spun

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • Traffic

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Trainspotting

Votes: 75 16.4%
  • True Romance

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Wasted

• ......none of the above.....

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • A Scanner Darkly

• Total voters
even tho i liked blow and voted for it on closer inspection, city of god was what i was watching when i came up for the first time.

hence it was amazing!

Even sans drugs, City of God is one of my favorite films of all-time.

Ebola, for someone who can dissect Kant's categorical imperative against the backdrop of utilitarianism*, you sure can't check the start-date on threads for shit. ;)

(*I believe it was you, the convo in question was posted like three years ago IIRC)

I gotta agree with badboy.. Gridlock'd was great. But Ive been a Tim Roth fan since Reservoir Dogs....

"I'm fuckin dying here.... I'm fuckin dying!!!"
Great flick

MaxPower said:
Ebola, for someone who can dissect Kant's categorical imperative against the backdrop of utilitarianism*, you sure can't check the start-date on threads for shit.

I'm lazy, and the former is fun while the latter is not.

ebola

Seriously, "A Scanner Darkly" is kind of the best thing ever, and the casting was hilariously perfect.

ebola

Trippiest movie I've ever seen, the actual book is great too. Requiem for a dream, Trainspotting ^, Spun is a good meth movie if you dig that, Basketball Diaries with Leonardo as a junkie, Half Baked is a classic for the stoners, CANDY - Heath Ledger combining love and heroin (If that even exists) - The book is amazing and is by Luke Davies. Watch the preview for Candy if you haven't already...

Good to see they included requiem for a dream in there...very scary film. Drugstore Cowboy is a gem too

Really hard to choose between Human Traffic and Trainspotting, both amazing films, great actors, music, the lot - wish I could vote for both, but I'm gonna give my vote to Human Traffic since it's gotten a little less love in the poll.

Fear and Loathing and Blow are close seconds but not quite my top favourites. I'm probably just biased being from the UK I like seeing UK based drug films/drug use :D

theres a few others missing off the list which i cant for my life think of the names right now - i voted for human traffic though. Prefer the UK based drug movie's - although a few on that list are to my liking.

Lots of good ones...I loved Blow, Spun, Trainspotting...man I really like most of these. But I had to go with Fear & Loathing because NOTHING conveys what it's like to be all fucked up in 30 different ways better than that movie. Hunter S. Thompson is a genius. So much good stuff.

There is one thing that conveys it better I think and I think its the book. But yes the movie is also pretty good :)

Blow was great, I just hate the way movies like that always have a really depressing ending. There are many dealers who never get busted.
And yes fear and loathing was an excellent book, I couldn't choose between it and the film.

I can't believe Candy didn't rate higher than it has. Such emotionally stirring performances by Heath Ledger, Abbie Cornish and Geoffrey Rush. One of the finest Australia has offered up to the world. <stepping off my southern cross decorated soap box... sorry>

I can't believe Candy didn't rate higher than it has. Such emotionally stirring performances by Heath Ledger, Abbie Cornish and Geoffrey Rush. One of the finest Australia has offered up to the world. <stepping off my southern cross decorated soap box... sorry>

Yeah, it was excellent from memory, and I might try and watch it again, thanks for mentioning it.

Basketball Diaries got my vote. Most realistic heroin movie I've ever seen, and the acting was incredible. Wonderland instantly came to mind for me as second probably. 3rd for me would be Drugstore Cowboy, the ending was so perfect.

The Salton Sea, Blow, Trainspotting and Fear and Loathing were all fantastic too.

I thought Spun and Maria Full of Grace were great.

I'm dying to see New Jack City.

I enjoyed Scareface, but think it's over-rated.

Traffic was legit.

Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels is one of my all time favorites but I wouldn't consider it a drug movie, despite the marijuana plot element.

Cheech and Chong and the Friday movies are timeless stoner flicks.

Requiem for a Dream seemed a little propaganda-y to me, didn't care for it at all.