Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favourite Drug based Movie

Which is your favourite drug themed movie?

• Around The Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barfly

• The Basketball Diaries

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Belly

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Blow

Votes: 29 6.3%
  • Candy

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Cheech & Chong ...

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Clockers

• Deep Cover

• Drugstore Cowboy

Votes: 28 6.1%
  • Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Votes: 92 20.1%
  • Go

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Grass

• Half Baked

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • How High

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Human Traffic

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • hurlyburly

• It's All Gone Pete Tong

• Layer Cake

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Leaving Las Vegas

• Less Than Zero

• Little Fish

• Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • The Man with The Golden Arm

• Maria Full of Grace

• Naked Lunch

• New Jack City

• Paid in Full

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Reefer Madness

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Requiem For A Dream

Votes: 54 11.8%
  • Rush

• The Salton Sea

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Scarface

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Sid & Nancy

• Spun

Votes: 16 3.5%
  • Traffic

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Trainspotting

Votes: 75 16.4%
  • True Romance

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Wasted

• ......none of the above.....

Votes: 25 5.5%
  • A Scanner Darkly

• Total voters
I hate subjective questions like this :) . It's too hard to answer. I will have to list my top five and even these are not in order: Trainspotting, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Cheech and Chong, Up in Smoke, Blow and Half Baked. If I were in a darker mood, Leaving Las Vegas would definitely be on there.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Pulp Fiction, or for a comedic light head Formula 51

It is probably because Pulp Fiction is not a drug based movie. There are three different stories and only one of them involves drugs, albeit fairly heavily.

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, and The Wolf of Wall Street. All the drugs Leo does in that movie. Quaaludes, man.

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
Requiem For A Dream
The Salton Sea
Human Traffic
Trainspotting
It's All Gone Pete Tong
Go
Blow

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
Requiem For A Dream
The Salton Sea
Human Traffic
Trainspotting
It's All Gone Pete Tong
Go
Blow

Good call on the Salton Sea. Excellent movie that doesn't have nearly the recognition as the other drug classics.

There's a brand new indie film out on cable - it must have been filmed about three or four years ago in Chicago about a couple on dope living out of their car. It's kind of realistic. Filmed ENTIRELY in Chicago - they scam their way left right and center to get money so they can get drugs but they also get hotel rooms and buy stuff and even FOOD (which is not that realistic, as when I lived on limited funds in the city, I never ever ate unless someone else was buying) - I'd personally save it for more dope. 8o
It's called ANIMALS and it's on SHOWTIME in the USA. You can watch it ON DEMAND if you have that feature.

Not sure if it's on Netflix or Amazon - I have nothing to do with this movie, even though I used to be involved in film and I'm from Chicago.

Actually, I'd mainly recommend to watch it just for the scenery - they're all over the city. I think they get up and out of the car at 7am (it's ilegal to sleep in your car later than that I think) and take the train/bus all over town, pulling scams, stealing, going to the beach, etc. I definitely recommended some places in the UPTOWN neighborhood. Here's the IMDB link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3297554/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

I was fascinated by it. I also liked spotting the bullshit. Like how hard (and extra dangerous, because of course it's dangerous!) they make it seem to get dope.
Gwen

"Wasted" ~ TV series iirc
watched it when i was 11 and got me interested in herowin

it was good at the time but if you go back and watch it now it's pretty cringe

skool kids nodding in their car n shit

has any1 mentioned gaspar noe's enter the void?
its sooo good!!!

tbh fear and loathing is boring

I hadn't seen this until somewhat recently, and was quite impressed. I don't remember the finer details as I was probably higher than they were in the movie, but I remember it being pretty well done.

What about Natural born killers? I think it's the best movie mr stone ever made. It's definately very trippy, but it's also a pretty good depiction of modern western society. Particularly of the role the media plays. That Wayne Gale dude is so incredibly hilarious.

The documentary~Dope Sick Love is pretty good.

There is actually a movie that I saw a while ago about this dude who's "foster" father passed away and left him a bar and he ends up meeting the guys daughter and they get in to speed.
The dude worked as a counselor at a place for troubled kids and gets fired for talking shit about the doctor. Does this sound familiar? I can't remember the name of it or any of the actors. I think it may have been an indie film. Anyway, if anyone knows what movie it might be, please reply!