• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Favorite "Strain" and Method of Consuming Kratom

DarkStarCrashes

Bluelighter
I am sure there are other kratom users on here, I am wondering what peoples favorite type of kratom is and what their preferred method of ingestion is, and why.

I have tried all different types of kratom; bali, maeng da, thai, indo, green malay, ultra enhanced indo, other "enhanced" strains, all different types of extracts, concentrates, and tincures - and have parachuted the powdered leaf, the whole lead, made kratom tea, but as of late I try and stick to capsulated kratom as I find it easiest and most convenient to measure my dose and get it down.

For whatever reason I find the more "sedating" strains of kratom to be largely ineffective compared to the more stimulating and euphoric strains such as thai and maeng da. Maybe this is because I have obliterated my mu opiod receptors with mega doses of much more powerful agonists than kratom but no matter what my dosage I find it impossible to get a nod off of kratom. I do however find great use for the stimulation and euphoria I get from a 7-14g dosage of green malay, thai, or maeng da kratom and wind up very talkative, motivated, and productive.

How effective do other recovering opiate addicts find kratom to "scratch that itch" and what preference do other bluelighters have when it comes to choosing which and how to use kratom?

I find kratom to be an interesting mix of sedating and stimulating. As far as stimulation goes, for me personally it ranks higher than coffee but lower than amphetamines. But I definitely get a stimulant buzz from it that's stronger than caffeine, I've had difficulty sleeping on it actually. But at the same time it has kind of a weird opioid sedative effect...I don't know. Kratom is weird. I like it though. Most of my experience is with Bali kratom.

i have starched my opiate receptors in the past with heroin, morphine, xycontin, u name it...kratom works just fine for me in smallish doses..4-5 grams does more than just scratch the itch, it gives plentiful energy and provides fantastic pain relief..

my favorite strain is green Malay and i just dump the powder in my mouth and rinse it down with water..

all opiates and opiods keep me awake and kratom is no exception. i find the more sedating strains to be the most pleasurable - these are red bali and red borneo. a friend who has a very high tolerance to opiates agrees. i've tried them all and these are my favorites.

i hear red thai is also really good.

also i prefer making tea from it but nowadays it's hard to come by the cut leaf so i just toss n' wash it, it is fast and easy and the bitter taste makes you into a man when you're done.

Aaah I'm so glad you made this I've been waiting on a "how everyone does their kratom" thread.

It has been very effective for me in terms of relieving cravings. I usually take 8-12g of a red vein strain. Currently working through a kilo of red horn. Great strain! Lasts longer and provides pain relief for a long time. Also pretty sedating, I prefer the sedating strain IMO.

I toss n wash too, it really is the only way to effectively take a large amount. It's god awful and I gag every time but knowing relief is coming I can take it. Something weird I have done is created a "tongue condom" to block me from tasting. Works quite well.

It really depends if I'm working or trying to relax what strain I use..I have maeng da and red vein Indo ..I just mix maybe 5-6 grams in a bottle of orange juice and try to get it down..i don't mind suffering a bad taste in the name of an opiate buzz

I use green Malay or Bali, mix with warm water and drink it (quickly). The liquid is swirled just prior to sipping, or else the grind settles on the bottom. Have also eaten mixed with natural yoghurt but water mixtures are just less hassle. "Toss and wash" seems dangerous to me, look at the cinnamon challenge, pneumonia and choking are small but real dangers.

I use many methods. Capping is great for the convenience, though onset is slightly delayed. I don't care for toss/wash, it makes me gag sometimes even after years of doing it. Warm water, honey, lemon is my favorite. Kratom is a waxy plant and I think the warm water helps it breakdown. Warm water makes it easier to mix - the powder becomes less hydrophobic. I find it hits fastest using this method. Honey/lemon makes the vile stuff a bit more palatable.

Mixed with yogurt or applesauce. Can't do toss n wash. I find it really hard to tell the strains apart.

Omg i never experienced that its been a year since my binge with kratom bali powder.

I love just to take the powder and swish with warm water then drink an acidic beverage.

Kratom bali powder at 5-10 grams feels like between 10mg oxycodone or 75-250mg of tramadol
I could be wrong its been a while.

i used to mix it with milk and honey. read somewhere that the lipids in the milk help you absorb more of the good stuff, and the honey helps with the hideous taste.

or i'd just toss and wash.

another way to do it if you're not doing it a lot (not sure if this is really safe but people do it with cigarette papers and harder drugs like speed all the time) is to split toilet paper into separate plies and tear off the smallest amount you need and swallow the dose in 3-4 "bombs". i really don't think it's healthy to eat toilet paper, just saying i did this sometimes.
it's not so much the taste of toss n wash, more the little bits in your teeth and shit that i hate.

I've used the 60x extract for function only in certain senarios, like when you can't leave the bathroom. I do believe it helps there but I've personally never got much out of it.

Is the taste of kratom really as bad as people here say it is? I don't think I've ever eaten the raw plant matter...

Nah its not that bad, I however am not that sensitive to it. Some are worst than others. I'd challenge those who say it's gross as to if it may be the texture and awkwardness of it. It Definitely sticks to your mouth and makes an odd surprising taste. When I do it, my wife and I split a bag of 60x or 30x extract. Take a swig of diet coke and don't swallow. Dump a spoonful of "kray kray" (thats what we call it lol) and just man up. That's the best way I've found. If you use the kray first it will do that nasty sticking sensation. If any of these people who say it's nasty have ever drank straight liqour like 151 or Jose Cuervo I'd say they were kray kray lol.

Toss and wash

Any strain (I have 6 and after a 18 months of daily use can't tell the difference)

Just watch yourself....6 months ago I went to a festival and didn't take any for 3 days and felt to withdrawal

I stopped just yesterday taking it and booze at the same time, and work tonight is kicking my ass....I have zero energy....yawning.....feel like a slug, and would do anything not to be here....I'm getting a drink I'm the morning and staying off the kratom for a week.....after that I am saving it for maybe once a week....I don't like the fact that my body is telling me to quit , but one thing I've learned through 42 years on this big fucking rock is to listen to my body!!!

Is the taste of kratom really as bad as people here say it is? I don't think I've ever eaten the raw plant matter...

Yeah, pretty rough. It's like the most tannic tea you've ever had. High pulp OJ masks the bitterness and grit of powdered leaves well, but I'm done with kratom. Ive tried 5 diff strains from 3 diff vendors in doses as low as 5g and high as 50g and it was disappointing every time. That people compare it to a "tramadol buzz" (an oxymoron if there ever were one) should have tipped me off. The only speedy effects I got were from the first time, and I think that was more psychosomatic than anything else ('hey, I just drank all this really nasty tasting bitter shit; I wonder what will happen now').

My favorite strain and the one that produces the most potent effects for me is Maeng Da kratom. I have always utilized the toss and wash method and the perfect dose for me is 12-16 grams (This may be too high for amateur consumers). Kratom is a miracle herb IMO. I would compare it to a mix of 40mgs dextroamphetamine, 40mgs Hydrocodone, and coffee all in one grassy drink! The biggest downside for me with Kratom use is bloating and constipation.

Fuck fooling around with container ship-sized quantities of plant matter. I was once taught how to extract krarom's alkaloids—7-hydroxymitragynine included. The procedure is a cinch. I know a guy who knows a guy that's not me who can get you practically pure mitragynine hydroxyindolenine, 7-acetoxymitragynine mitraphylline (though I wouldn't try it), amongst about a dozen other pristine alkaloids for low price (low as far as exorbitant goes) per 100 mg.

Why fuck with plant matter when you can try stuff that actually matters? Anybody more sagacious than the average cretin can do it. Fuck strains, I want substances.