• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Favorite Movies To Watch On Psychedelics

I really don't like watching anything on drugs; too much potential for throwing out a weird concept for you to dwell on.

i typically hate movies on psychs.

however, avatar was out of this world!!

fantastic movie visually. also one of my favorites but it is really really sick.

It depends on the dose, at fairly low doses I really enjoy it, but at a certain intensity it's impossible to still follow the story, but it can be entertaining to analyze everything, and if even that becomes impossible I think it's still nice to have playing in the background with the sound off and music on, you don't even have to watch it, just as something to stare at when you open your eyes again, especially colorful movies.

I really like the tips Avatar and Sita Plays The Blues, never heard of that last one before, looks amazing!
I'm gonna try Avatar as well!

Last watched Around The World in 80 Days, but that got way too weird when characters didn't resemble humans anymore at some point, but it was enjoyable up to that point.

I've also seen a couple cirque de soleil(?) movies that were kinda cool. Confusing at times but was interesting.

Oh no way! I went to this hippie day festival last summer where they played this on a projector (interspersed with other clips of video) in time with the music and it fucking blew my mind. They didn't play the audio of it, just the video, and mixed in clips of a lot of other things too. I was on 4-HO-MiPT at the time, it couldn't have been better. Thanks for reminding me of the name of it, I asked the guy who ran the video and he told me but I had forgotten since then. :)

Haha you're welcome :) I don't think it's particularly well known. I stumbled over it because I have been studying hinduism a little bit recently, but I think it will work just as well for people who don't really know anything about that. Also the film maker is some kind of anti copyright fanatic who simply put the film online and is only asking for donations, which makes me like the film that much more.

Other films that I enjoyed on psychedelics:
Hero has some stunning cinematography.
A Midsummer Night's Dream (1999 version) is absolutely hilarious, especially the way the fairy world is presented. (However it can be difficult to get used to the presence of a certain Baltimore homicide detective ;))
The Ninth Gate gave me a lot of interesting food for thought, but it's also a little creepy and dark and therefore probably better for the tailend of a trip.

^I love Hero, but unless one speaks Mandarin or can read subtitles real, real well while frying, its gonna be a hard watch hahah.

German dubbed version. There must be a english one too, no?

Finding Nemo

Finding-Nemo-5-Disc-Blu-rayDVD-Set-813x1024.jpeg

Interestingly I always seem to choose intense flicks the day after my trips... The evening following my (memorable!) first ETH-LAD trial, I blindly decided to put on Pasolini's Teorema... LOL