• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Father stabs drug-addicted son to stop abuse - (stabber gets time served)

the cops are the most backwards ass individuals in the US.. believing only what they say as the truth, all because they wear a lil tin badge and carry guns and tasers.. thats ''authority'' for you

you junkies are a fucking joke

if my son pulled half the shit his did he'd be under a bridge with limbs missing

jimmyHIP said:
you junkies are a fucking joke

if my son pulled half the shit his did he'd be under a bridge with limbs missing

I hope your being sarcastic cause if not your a fucking joke. The father was a nutcase and if he did that to a stranger he would probably be serving 15 years in jail right about now.

Just because the son was a junkie (that doesn't even factor into the crime in my opinion and it shouldnt in the court) and well a total dickhead loser who treated his family like shit does not give the father the right to try and kill him. Plain and simple there.

The father is also clearly not stable and could very well be a danger to the public. He should not be let out he should atleast be confined to a mental institution because he is not fit to walk the streets. If he found out that someone was a junkie whats to say he wouldnt try to kill them? I would be sleeping with a baseball bat next to my bed if i lived on the same street as that nutcase.

The whole family is fucked up. It's sort of like father like son except the father ain't a junkie.

no matter how bad that heroin addict was, a murderer is still more of a fuckhead in my book.

Actually, I partially side with the Father on this one.

For the fact that his son has tortured him for years. It may not be physical torture. But it is torture none the less. Mental Torture.

What his son did to his father is more painfull then being stabbed.

I would rather be stabbed and survive, then to be put threw years of hell.

But what his father did isn't right of course. He has no right to stab his son. It's his fault for not filing charges against his son all those times and not making it so his son couldn't get near him anymore.

So while this is the fathers fault in a big way.
I really hope the father doesn't get the same sentence that a normal attempted murderer would get.

Kakkoii said:
Actually, I partially side with the Father on this one.

For the fact that his son has tortured him for years. It may not be physical torture. But it is torture none the less. Mental Torture.

What his son did to his father is more painfull then being stabbed.

I would rather be stabbed and survive, then to be put threw years of hell.

But what his father did isn't right of course. He has no right to stab his son. It's his fault for not filing charges against his son all those times and not making it so his son couldn't get near him anymore.

So while this is the fathers fault in a big way.
I really hope the father doesn't get the same sentence that a normal attempted murderer would get.

It sounds to me like the son had been going through hell for a long time too. His problems started before he became an adult. If you read the article, you will see that the problems started at least ten years earlier, when the son was 15 or younger. Perhaps the father is partially responsible for the sons problems, seeing how he failed to get treatment for him. It is quite possible that the son had a fucked up childhood. The son was probably severely depressed or suffering some other mental illness for years by the time he was stabbed.

Anyway, if the son had been stealing from his dad and acting like an asshole without being an addict, the father would probably be locked away. There were so many nonviolent solutions to the problem. He was even told by the police that he should have his son committed to a mental institution or get a restraining order before the stabbing even took place.

The father only got off because he stabbed a low-life junkie. The son's abuse of the father would not have got the father off if the son was not an addict. Kids and wives who kill abusive parents/husbands often get lengthy prison terms, even when there was severe physical and mental abuse.

lol what the fuck....

thats unreal...it doesnt matter this crazy douche tried to kill his son cause he was a junky? its ok because he stole and did drugs and was probably a fuck up? thats BS.

that quote from the cop made me laugh.

Yeah anyone who thinks the father is even remotley justified is an idiot..

You can't just kill someone cause they've stole shit from you, IMO if you let someone steal from you over and over over 10 fucken years you get what you deserve, yeah it would be hard to put a kid out but 10 years is a long time to let shit like that go one.. fool me once,fool me twice thing..

"According to court records, Dugan Jr. was arrested again in December on 24 theft-related charges, including bad checks, forgery and receiving stolen property. He remains at the Delaware County Prison on $35,000 bail.

"Junior is a bad guy. You name it, he's done it," Chitwood said. "Junior is not an innocent victim in society. He put that family in fear."

So fucking what, if someone rapes a woman, kills a kid, or does any other serious assult on a person, then the victim gets arrested for some non-violent crimes afterwords they just get time served??

That town is bass ackwords for sure.. If I was that kid I woulda pressed charges in a heart beat and prolly tried to kick his ass in court.. he tried to kill him not just like beat his ass!! Maybe the kid was in jail and couldn't appear.. I would at least take that fuckwad to civil court and take all his loot and laugh as I jacked it in my arm.. LOL.

jesus christ...?! a month in jail, 56 hours of community service, and a single year on probation???

FOR ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON? (much less attempted MURDER!!??)

i got a sentence TWICE as bad just for having >25 xanax bars...

this is totally fucked... :(

youarewhatyouis said:
What the hell is with religious people and "mercy killings?"

In our burgeoning religious nation, such "mercy killings" will probably be legal soon enough. Hell, our president says that "God speaks to him," and everyone pretty much accepts it.8)

I'm not going to pass judgment on either of them, because I am in no position to do so. But the father pled his case down and it isn't going to trial. If I was on that jury, I doubt I would have been able to convict in good conscience of anything above aggravated assault. I assume the father has no prior criminal record?

The son is not your average crime victim. I'm not sure whether if this had gone in front of a jury if information/testimony, etc. as to the son's misdeeds would be admitted, and that would be the basis for any mitigation. I would hedge a bet that it would be admissible, though.

I can't even address the points of "mercy killing" or "religious fundamentalism". But in Senior's shoes, I'd have taken the deal he got as well. A convincing argument could be made for a parental variant of battered spouse syndrome. But it doesn't look like it will go there. I don't have a lot of empathy for anyone who murders or anyone who abuses their family; they're both fucked in my book. It wasn't the father that necessarily got them there, though. I have some big questions about mental capacity on the part of both father and son - with the son, it's irrelevant; with the father, much more son. It is clearly best that they never have contact again, and it isn't like he got off scot-free. He has lost his son forever due to his decisions even though he failed to kill him outright.

No winners here. :(

I would have no problem convicting him of attempted premeditated murder, thats exactly what it was. He tried to kill him.. what if some guy started to hack his wife up while she slept.. say she was fucking around on him and was always stealing his money to support a shopping habit..

stabbing someone with a butcher knife while they sleep is attempted murder, a battered spouse, theres the mental fear of the person, it didn't say the kid ever beat his dad up.. also in a marriage theres the pressure to stay and poss the husband keeping the wife captive through threats etc and other mental things.. he didn't ask the kid to leave or anything..

That guy is a scum-fuck and a threat to society.. he belongs in jail for a long time. Under any other circumstances he'd be charged with attemped murder or maybe aggravated assult AT THE LEAST, maybe in a plea if it was a weak case.

The father was an absent drunk when Jr. was a kid.. I agree Jr. is a pain but lack of a functional father probably made him worse.
Still, it's amazingly pathetic what Jr. put his family through..

And it all comes down to the fact certain substances are illegal. Yet people continue to let it happen.

my opinion is that there seems to be alot of things wrong, fixing just one or two things wouldn't have changed it. alot of things were just left alone and this was the sum of neccesary actions that, had they not been neglected this wouldn't have happened. It sounds like the father shouldn't have been on his own or without the aid of more than just prescriptions. The parents should have been more forceful with the son, like where it says the dad didn't want to have the kid arrested for doing some thing in the past and what not. It sounds like the parents just let the shit keep happening and didn't do enough to stop him (like as mentioned when he keeps coming back to have him arrested). For the family to not want him around with that habit and the things that came with it, it seems like they didn't really care enough to want it to be stopped.

and on a side note, a good lol was to be had at the junkie kid saying how he wanted to go out like Scarface. The police are breaking in, and he's thinking he's gonna fight back like Scarface? Lol he'll be nodding out and telling the cops to fucking "piss off, you're killing my nod!!"

but seriously, what a fucked up situation. really too bad