View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Fatalities from 25E-NBOMe

SteamboatBillJr

Bluelighter
HeadphonesandLSD mentioned somebody died from consuming 25E-NBOMe. Does anyone have additional information on the fatality mentioned in the other thread.

I also know of two local fatalities caused by either 25e or 25i that was sold to a group of people as powder. I did not know anyone involved however I did know several people that were close to them and followed the local news about it. Someone sold them powder and either didn't explain what it was or they ignored his advice about how to prep it. A group of people eyeballed lines from the bag and snorted them. Two of them died and three lived after spending a few days in the hospital. I don't have much more information beyond that

This is the original comment. If I find anything new I'll add another comment in this thread.

The specific incident isn't significant. My suspicion is the majority of adverse reactions go unreported and the medical journals only publish small proportions of actual fatalities. If this did happen and wasn't reported in any news I could find or any medical journal then this suggests more people than reported were hurt by this.

That is absolutely correct. Medical journals don't publish reports of every drug OD. Neither do local newspapers. Most parents, if they even pay for an obit, cover up the cause of death by saying "died suddenly," so you'd only know it was an OD if you knew the person. Nobody outside the community would ever know they even existed.

HeadphonesandLSD mentioned somebody died from consuming 25E-NBOMe. Does anyone have additional information on the fatality mentioned in the other thread.

Are you still here? I can't really give you much information beyond what I said in the original post. I don't want to give away my location but 25e caused a uproar in the local area because people were selling it as a nasal spray back when it first came onto the market. There were lots of bad reactions and a few deaths. The local police got involved and busted up all the parties where it was being done openly. People were using the stuff as a stimulant just to stay up for 2-3 days at local festivals. It was being passed around freely and openly for those few months.

The deaths with the powder happened at a private residence. They were sold 25e in powder form with instructions on how to make it into nasal spray. They chose to eyeball out lines instead of prepping it for nasal spray. One of the people that died was a young girl (16 I think) with little to no experience with RCs. She was the daughter of an important person in that small community. The substance was never named in the local news and the story was quickly buried by her family. It set off an investigation and the person bringing it in was charged for manufacture of LSD. I found out because I ran around in the same social circles as they did. They stopped selling drugs after this happened but were caught with a stash of chemicals for personal use. The fall out from it drove them to what I suspect was a suicide. Whatever happened they aren't among the living anymore.

The locals stopped messing with RCs much after that. There aren't as many local festivals/raves anymore because the land owners didn't want to draw attention to themselves. In the months after it happened the local police would always show up and harass everyone. Anyone trying to sell or pass off RCs was run out of the community. The whole scene died and as far as I know no one has attempted to get it going again. I'm probably just old and don't know where the parties are anymore.

It was a bad year. When I saw how open people were being about using the NBOMes I tried to warn everyone but no one wanted to listen. It took two deaths before people would heed the warnings. I don't know why it took so long for people to listen considering there were multiple freak-outs at the events where people with no experience were mixing 25e/i with God knows what else. That summer MDMA + 25e combinations were very common at the events I was attending. I got so disgusted with what I was seeing I stopped going because I knew someone was going to die. I got tired of spending my nights baby sitting people half my age that I didn't even know. The last two events I attended had multiple people freaked the fuck out in the fetal position laying by the woods. The people hosting this stuff gave no fucks.

I don't know why people are like that. When I was younger and first started going to these things everyone looked after each other. I hope this was helpful. Sorry it was 4 years late.

I've always been curious how many drug related causes of deaths go unreported. In 2013 a friend of mines little brother ordered what he thought was lsd off the clear net locked himself in a room screaming he wants it to stop and killed himself by hitting his head against a wall over and over again. I never found out what substance it was always assumed it was some sort of nbome.

@couldbesojs

Sorry for your loss
LSD off the clear net tho?
I have no idea where he sourced from. I just know the story as my friend has told me that he bought what he thought was lsd off the internet. Maybe it wasn't off the clearnet, I'm just assuming it was something fake off a chinese website. I know he was young (16) and had very minimal knowledge about harm reduction.

Back in that era ALOT of the blotters being sold in the States were NBOMe's. And there was a few Vendor Discussion forums that had open air markets and would ship within the states. Everyone in the RC scene back then pretty much knew about them and he probably got it from one of them if it was already on Blotter. When you order bulk from China it comes as a powder, if somebody was purchasing it already laid it was almost surely from US or European vendor . I'm so sorry about your loss, it was probably 25I-NBOMe we lost alot of people to that one back then.

25I-NBOMe is very powerful. I've tried it many times myself. It has a definite 2 weeks tolerance. With four weekends of consumption of 1.5 mg 25I-NBOMe, the last meal felt like a bit of caffeine.

That is absolutely correct. Medical journals don't publish reports of every drug OD. Neither do local newspapers. Most parents, if they even pay for an obit, cover up the cause of death by saying "died suddenly," so you'd only know it was an OD if you knew the person. Nobody outside the community would ever know they even existed.
That is very true or oftentimes an obiturary is not even published or it has the wording you described, or reads as 'died in sleep at home' when the person has no health issues, etc. and is a healthy adult.

This is a very infamous 25i-NBOMe death. Rest in peace Tara Fitzgerald. It is one reason why I stopped taking LSD decades ago when research chemicals first were sold as acid. Yes there are testing kits and there is drug testing in labs but I do not want to risk it, and I have heard of research chemicals testing positive for LSD when they are not LSD at all.

I've always been curious how many drug related causes of deaths go unreported. In 2013 a friend of mines little brother ordered what he thought was lsd off the clear net locked himself in a room screaming he wants it to stop and killed himself by hitting his head against a wall over and over again. I never found out what substance it was always assumed it was some sort of nbome.
I am very sorry for your loss.

I have no idea where he sourced from. I just know the story as my friend has told me that he bought what he thought was lsd off the internet. Maybe it wasn't off the clearnet, I'm just assuming it was something fake off a chinese website. I know he was young (16) and had very minimal knowledge about harm reduction.
This sadly can happen. Dealers both online, at the 'street' level, and even on the dark web will claim a research chemical is LSD and it turns out to be a completely different drug.

LSD has caused people to kill themselves many times over history due to the intensity of the trip lack of knowledge taking to much and been to young to handle their reality shattering. But LSD won't physically kill somebody. on Nbomb i thought my heart was going to explode. I had a friend survive bromo dragonfly who told me it was 16 hours of total hell with no connection to reality in the fetal position.

I have been driven to near suicide on breakthrough high dose LSD trips to stop the trip due to travelling to the depths of hell and seeing and experiencing the worst things for millions of years that passed in that timeless place it gave me ptsd for a while before i managed to integrate and learn the lesson i was given.

I know a few people jumped to their deaths in australia on 25i. even the shorter version 25i-nboh that i took once i was for sure thought i was going to die off two blotters of it. Craziest visuals and vasoconstriction i seriously made my last peace to the universe at sunrise and if i could of called a ambulance i would of. But with all my close brushes with death my body pulled through and kept me alive.

Back in that era ALOT of the blotters being sold in the States were NBOMe's. And there was a few Vendor Discussion forums that had open air markets and would ship within the states. Everyone in the RC scene back then pretty much knew about them and he probably got it from one of them if it was already on Blotter. When you order bulk from China it comes as a powder, if somebody was purchasing it already laid it was almost surely from US or European vendor . I'm so sorry about your loss, it was probably 25I-NBOMe we lost alot of people to that one back then.
I bought NBOMe's once knowingly from this nifty legal highs forum back in like 2012 pushing 2013. The vendor was awesome so was the forum. When I only took one blotter I was fine minus a mild stomach cramp for a little which made me lie down and I recall a vision of a floating pagoda above my head.

I for some reason unwittingly took more than 3 blotters after having a bottle of red wine or with the wine and that was the most scary trip I ever had. Felt extremely terrified something physically bad was happening but I survived despite being in a nightmare setting. I recall a horribly spooky basement with a broken mirror I stared in while peaking on multiple blotters of 25C and I.

I took 25e from what was probably the same batch that killed the locals. I'm ashamed to say even knowing everything about it I took it through the nasal route (as spray) multiple times. I stopped because on the third or fourth attempt I had a really bad reaction and thought I was on the verge of a heart attack. It caused a lot of pain in my chest. I didn't find much value in it. It was pure eye candy and very visual but not worth the risks in my opinion. I'm happy it's no longer being so widely circulated.

I had an entire bottle of the stuff at that point. I let a local friend try some one night and he asked for a re-dose. After some argument I handed him the bottle only for the guy to spray it multiple times up each nostril. I had to baby sit him the rest of the night. Threw the stuff in the burn barrel when I got home and never took it again. I wasn't selling it but after hearing it referred to as "liquid acid" by people I knew were I stopped associating with those folks. I didn't like a lot of things I was seeing. Like allowing 14 year olds into parties that were supposed to be 18+ as long as they had a nice pair of tits.

I stay at home now or go party out of town where people are more honest. If things like 25i were so wide spread here I can only imagine how bad it was in the cities back then.