• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

FAQ: Antidepressants and Recreational Drugs (long!)

Brutal BMW Driver said:
Hi, great post,

Just wondering though, what class of anti-depressant does Lexapro/Esipram fit into? That is the brand name, the chemical name appears to be Escitalopram

Thanks

It's an SSRI. Lexapro is basically Celexa but they modified the chem structure a bit and got rid of the adverse effects that Celexa has for many people.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/citalopram/citalopram.shtml

thankyou so much for posting that. i'm a regular speed user and i was terrified that going on sertraline would mean i'd have to give up my favourite luxury!

Beth_Amphetamine said:
thankyou so much for posting that. i'm a regular speed user and i was terrified that going on sertraline would mean i'd have to give up my favourite luxury!

If you are needing anti depressants it would be wise to give it up or at least cut it down anyway. Will probably do more for you then taking the SSRIs

Some additions.

MAOI
Tranylcypromine (Parnate) (irreversible?)

SSRI
Escitalopram (Lexapro,Cipralex,Sipralexa,Seroplex) (NB: active enatiomer of Citalopram)

I just wanna correct the tianeptine thing:

Tianeptine's effect (increasing serotonin uptake) acts to DECREASE serotonin levels. Increased uptake means more serotonin getting pulled out of the synapse.

Some theorize that, over time, the SSRI's actually decrease activity of serotonin too, but by downregulating the serotonin receptors after a few weeks while the levels in the synapse stay high. There's more signal, but less ears to hear it. That downregulation is the brain's homeostatic response to the increase in serotonin concentration brought on by the SSRI's inhibition of uptake.

Um...so ... Im prescribed an SSRI and Tramadol ~ zoloft specifically
I also regularly take opiates including methadone...
am I at a direct risk here for serotonin syndrome?
I dont take the tramadol regularly, only when I am out of other opiates.

I dont care for anyone's opinion that Im a 'dumbass' for taking drugs on an SSRI, thank you. I just need to know if I am at risk for a specific drug interaction, and would appreciate any informed responses.

i take 450mg of Efexor xr (venlafaxine) for 5 or so years and now at this dosage amount i find no amphetamine works and most certainly no e works either but that has already been said by FairyNymph. A most superior post!

MDMA/Ecstasy (includes MDA, MDEA etc): Rolling on tianeptine is probably safe, though there could be the possibility of serotonin syndrome. Some people have theorized that tianeptine could boost one’s roll. There are no metabolic interactions between MDMA and tianeptine, at the very least. So far no one has rolled on tianeptine, though, using MDMA is discouraged until more is known about the interaction.

That's what it says under trazodone. It needs correction as it's not clear whether it should be trazodone or tianeptine.

celexa and topamax

I know I know you've said that if you're taking an SSRI it's pointless to roll. However, I'm I know there's exceptions to every case. I've been on 10mgs of celexa for about 2 months and 75mg of topamax for less than a month. I really want to roll with my boyfriend this week. 2, 3 pills at the max..

Thoughts? Or is it really just a complete waste of money. I figure that I'm on such a low does of celexa that maybe i'll be one of the exceptions. I've always seemed to peak faster and roll a little bit harder than my friends. I also haven't been able to find ANYTHING about mixing e with topamax and I really want to make sure it's safe.

Thanks! :)

tink, I think you could possibly roll ok with those circumstances. You haven't been taking the SSRI's long and its a low dose, and you are somewhat sensitive to MDMA ~ its very possible.
I never had any luck myself, but I had a hard time rolling a good percentage of the time anyway. It just feels like the SSRI's block that one essential channel that lets that energy flow through you, giving you the peaking feeling. Possibly due to the regulation of extreme highs and extreme lows in serotonin?
All I ever feel from a roll anymore is a moderately uncomfortable stimulated feeling, which I assume is due to whatever the pill is cut with.

but :p good luck!

Absolute waste of money. The only reason people report feeling anything is because their pills are cut with meth. You can still get high on meth if you are on SSRI's

So yes, if you buy shitty pills then you will probably still get high, but you might as well just buy a point of meth.

for example your limbo is fucked up as well as the fact that you cant take uppers as long as you are on maoi's. (Please dont bitch at me because i am drunk) really dont bitch at me. palin is a bitch

thankyou sooooooo much for this thread, most helpful thing i have found by far seriously though fuck anti depressants

Lithium and psychedelics

Lithium is a mood stabilizer, but should defiantly be added to the list because it has profound effects when taken with psychedelics. SWIM has taken LSD with 300mg lithium and Psilocybin with 300mg Lithium. On both occasions the lithium fundamentally changed the effects of the drug on all levels, creating a very intense feeling of depersonalization, rapid mood shifts and muscle tremors. This combination is obviously very dangerous, seizures can occur. These trips have been by far the most intense ego loss SWIM has ever experienced out of hundreds of psychedelic trips of various combination's.

whats the average time to reverse the affects of Zoloft, after a 4 month period of taking it?
i feel like i don't need it Ive been off for about 3 weeks now and no negative things are happening in fact i feel a lot better

i'll stay away from L-Tyrosine ... it's made from human hair ! . i dont give a fuck how they treated and acids they used and shit . its human dna . other human being's dna . i mean i freak out if i get my hair in the cereals .
but wait, there was this medical paper, where they were asking if this is kosher or not . i was like wtf?
but they were not discussing if the use of human hair is kosher or not, they were asking if use of human hair from dead bodies is kosher . it goes a litle like this, the thieves go to the graveyard diggup cut the hair - maybe a few days passed since burrial - and then sell it to the "merchants"

not to mention there's side effects from long term using.
just letting u know...
always read the label

also some boosting up energy pills are made with LTyrosine

i tried 5htp, didnt have any effect -for bad or for good- on me.