Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

False Alarm: Silk Road Competitor Black Market Reloaded Staying Online

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
False Alarm: Silk Road Competitor Black Market Reloaded Staying Online
Ryan Mac
Forbes
October 18th, 2013

On Thursday, the administrator of online anonymous drug marketplace Black Market Reloaded sent users into a frenzy after announcing the site would be shut down following a leak of its code. Less than 16 hours later, BMR’s leader declared it was only a false alarm.

Early Friday, BMR’s owner, “backopy” said he was back in business after realizing the leak did little harm to the overall operation of the illegal site. That means, unlike its competitors Silk Road and Atlantis, BMR will still remain up and running as a place to peddle heroin and handguns.

“After reviewing my code over and over I came to realize that I can still put it back up,” backopy wrote.

Read the full story here.

hey forbes gtfo of the tor black market. stop fucking spreading info about these sites. it only allows more people to find them that dont need to know about them. the people using them are taking the risk to run them and use them. leave these people alone. all it does to put the info out there is let the dumbasses find these sites and get in trouble. if you are not smart enough to find them on your own then you dont need to know about them. the reason they get taken down is cause idiots get access and then OD or get caught. fuck off reporters.

I access tor on occasion and was reg at sr, but id be weary about bmr since any proprietary info was leaked in the first place. Who knows its prob safe, but i worry about stuff like that...few nights back i had a weird dream that i was arrested by indias version of customs enforcement. Haha. Luckily it would have only been benzos.

hey forbes gtfo of the tor black market. stop fucking spreading info about these sites. it only allows more people to find them that dont need to know about them. the people using them are taking the risk to run them and use them. leave these people alone. all it does to put the info out there is let the dumbasses find these sites and get in trouble. if you are not smart enough to find them on your own then you dont need to know about them. the reason they get taken down is cause idiots get access and then OD or get caught. fuck off reporters.

chill out, freedom of speech means if idiots want to learn about TOR off forbes, buy drugs and OD then i say let em

Uh yeah, I've had a peak at the SQL database of every username/bitcoin address. I could (but obviously won't) dox a couple big vendors who were sloppy about having both a buyer and seller account on BMR. Backopy fucked up big time on security by opting for a VPS.

Still, I always treat these deepweb markets like they are in fact a sting operation when it comes to how careful I am getting coins in and packages out, so this really changes nothing as to how I use it.

I never got round to using silk road; I aint tech-savvy at all, and navigating the deepweb was just confusing, let alone finding a link for the marketplace. Also, I was pretty hesitant about using bit-coin, cause it's a young, unproved currency system; I was worried about devaluation.

But it's still great news there's a new option though. Tbh I don't think the pigs would ever be able to stomp out internet drug transactions; lets face it-there hopeless at stopping people scoring irl, policing the internet would be much more difficult. So, if they stop the new online drug market, I'll bet a tenner a new option will spring up, and just keep going. After all, as long as there's a demand,
there will be a market, drug laws aside.

It's still drugs in the media though, it's not like it's disclosing or discussing how to get on there, or what's on there.

People can and will find out that info for themselves if they wont to obviously, but articles like these kind of serve as some HR imo as they can let people know about scams and how to not be so gullible etc, and articles like these are all over the net, that's just my view anyway.

Aren't threads like these source discussion?

I figure if the story is being reported by mainstream media sources like Forbes and the Guardian, it's fair game. Obviously the final say is up to the mods.

I sure don't want to be on a website that's being put on blast by Forbes. I never used silk road but I use another HR forum that's pretty underground and I have access to vendors through that route. Way safer than roaming aroun on a website that can potentially be a fed trap.

So, if they stop the new online drug market, I'll bet a tenner a new option will spring up, and just keep going. After all, as long as there's a demand, there will be a market, drug laws aside.

Well the idea has been around for a while there was Farmers Market which got shut down, think they used payment methods like western union and bank transfers which is what got them caught IIRC. Theres other markets than BMR(not gonna say cuz sourcing) and if it comes down to it people will make their own personal site/mailing list reducing the risk of it being a site problem that could reveal identities.

Then if everything fails they will make another system entirely(theres I2P and some others already) and with the NSA leaks and the SR take-down I'll have a bet "Tor2.0" is in the works already. I guess it depends how hard the government(s) goes after the overall network and not specific sites. When SR went down there was only 4 dealers arrested with the help of 4000 police(in UK at least) so it seems going after specific sites is just a waste of time, effort, and money, but then again so is the entire war on drugs.

Also generally after the NSA leaks I've seen a lot of new/better encryption software/hardware being developed so yeah again they are trying to win a war they can't. That being said they are storing encrypted data in case they can decrypt it at a later date, not really useful if those messages have a terrorist plot but could be used to build up a case against online dealers in the future.

Don't you realize the whole purpose of a TSR-style market is to be as public as possible? If it were meant to be a secret, it sure as hell wouldn't operate through Tor.

^Well maybe not as public as possible, I mean young people and law enforcement aren't really the target audience you want when you are engaged in illegal activities. But really its not like we don't know about this after SR went down I'm sure people went out looking for these magical site you can order drugs from anyway. The cat is well and truly out of the bag, jumping up and down in front of your face and offering you cocaine at the same time.

I sure don't want to be on a website that's being put on blast by Forbes. I never used silk road but I use another HR forum that's pretty underground and I have access to vendors through that route. Way safer than roaming aroun on a website that can potentially be a fed trap.

Yeah I mean the Feds are less likely to infiltrate a clear web website where they can pull an IP in minutes, rather than working and infiltrating the deep web which is a lot easier to track its users.

there was some druggy looking girl at the clinic this mrning, well i mean druggy-er than normal if that makes sense lol....anyways, she was talking about brand name xanax bars (2 on the back with X A N A X on the fronst respectively) that her friend had gotten from silk road, recently, that were mailed in from outisde the country lol...and she was surprised they were fake! i dont mean like yellow school busses fake bc those had phenazepam in it, but she said no taste fake. i told her sr has been shut down for a while, that when it was open you needed tor to access, and that surprisingly american bars shipped from out of the country are probably not going to be real american bars. another girl was talking about getting fake gg's (alp) from over seas...at first i though so these idiots can access tor but dont read reviews and hr info?>

it eventually made sense when the nonsense started flowing

there was some druggy looking girl at the clinic this mrning, well i mean druggy-er than normal if that makes sense lol....anyways, she was talking about brand name xanax bars (2 on the back with X A N A X on the fronst respectively) that her friend had gotten from silk road, recently, that were mailed in from outisde the country lol...and she was surprised they were fake! i dont mean like yellow school busses fake bc those had phenazepam in it, but she said no taste fake. i told her sr has been shut down for a while, that when it was open you needed tor to access, and that surprisingly american bars shipped from out of the country are probably not going to be real american bars. another girl was talking about getting fake gg's (alp) from over seas...at first i though so these idiots can access tor but dont read reviews and hr info?>

it eventually made sense when the nonsense started flowing
I've seen fake 2 mg X A N A X brand name. They actually had the effect of alprazolam, despite having no taste and clearly being a knock off. They were alprazolam, just not pharmaceutically pressed.

^ the inactive ingredients are what make it bitter AFAIK.
Yes indeed but only US pharmacies do this.. perhaps other countries also but I know Mexico doesn't.. I believe the ones that do, do so in order to prevent drugging drinks... it's like they use the most obnoxiously tasting in actives during the manufacturing process.