• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Extremely tired and sedated on pure MDMA

Hate to break it to you, but you've got shitty cut MDMA. If you had the pure white shit you would be kissing the sky mate.

Pretty sure I began to notice the loss of effects after 5+ uses with reasonable breaks ranging from 2-3+ months.
Like I've said, I don't experience any negative effects - other than me getting extremely tired to the point where I can't enjoy the effect. And do to this starting the second I got pure MDMA, I'm pretty sure it's just a weird reaction caused by the drug it self.

Have you tried taking your first dose with an energy drink?

You're right on the street quality issue, but you also have to consider that a difference in purity can have a lot too say regarding dosage, at least if you are taking a "just enough" dose. The difference from for example 65% to 75% is huge. Where I live the average powder/crystals sold as MDMA (that the police got hold of) contains 70% MDMA, so we're lucky over here compared to a lot of places. With pills it's another story.

Yeah. I gradually noticed that the comeups became more unpleasant and the peak wasn't overly recreational. Basically, it began to get harder to 'break through' with gradual usage independent of the time-frame between uses. I can still experience all of the fantastic effects of MDMA and in abundance it just takes me a little longer to get there these days. I could just be that I'm not taking enough initially - perhaps I'll try 175-200mg doses to start and see how that goes.

What you're describing is tolerance, not loss of magic?

Hate to break it to you, but you've got shitty cut MDMA. If you had the pure white shit you would be kissing the sky mate.

No, that's not the case. It's tested, and it's purity is also tested. It's good quality street MDMA.
Read the thread, then you'll se that my friends react normal to the stuff. I feel the effects from start, but I'm too tired/exhausted to enjoy them. Once I "wake up" it's fantastic, and I don't need a high dose to roll.

I don't experience any negative effects - other than me getting extremely tired to the point where I can't enjoy the effect

That sounds reasonably negative to me.

And do to this starting the second I got pure MDMA, I'm pretty sure it's just a weird reaction caused by the drug it self.

Perhaps yeah but I think it's actually quite common amongst users.

Have you tried taking your first dose with an energy drink?

Nope. Might give that a shot next time actually.

You're right on the street quality issue, but you also have to consider that a difference in purity can have a lot too say regarding dosage, at least if you are taking a "just enough" dose. The difference from for example 65% to 75% is huge. Where I live the average powder/crystals sold as MDMA (that the police got hold of) contains 70% MDMA, so we're lucky over here compared to a lot of places

Yeah, but the point I was making is that I've always taken 'just enough' doses of street MDMA which tests solid on a marquis. If it was a purity issue then you'd expect a more random dose-response relationship instead of the steady decline over time since the purity would be changing randomly.

What you're describing is tolerance, not loss of magic?

I find it difficult to entertain that it's tolerance when it still happened last week after not taking the drug for a whole 9 months! There's just no way that tolerance, in the traditional sense, would not be back to baseline after 9 months of no usage. Although I do take amphetamines reasonably regularly for studying and did so over a large portion of that period. Maybe that factored in.

I feel the effects from start, but I'm too tired/exhausted to enjoy them. Once I "wake up" it's fantastic, and I don't need a high dose to roll

This is very similar to my experiences. I can't help but feel that we both experience similar scenarios but just describe them slightly differently. Once I 'wake up' or 'break through' or 'go over the edge' or however you want to describe it I'll be buzzing my tits off ferociously. In fact I'll usually be one of those guys that looks incredibly high with monster pupils and acting hilariously stupidly. But until that moment at usually about 2.5-3 hours into the experience, I won't be enjoying the MDMA and feel lethargic, strange and unable to properly enjoy it. I've got a raving buddy who's the same in the sense that he says it can take him 2-3 hours to come-up. Then again, he doesn't test his MD and takes far larger doses than I do (300-500mg throughout an evening).

That sounds reasonably negative to me.
It definitely is a real downer.
But I was thinking about the bad side effects that are associated with overuse or lost magic.

I always have an afterglow, never any come down, never any anxiety. It's just tieredness. It's the same tieredness I get when I get sleep attacs btw.

Perhaps yeah but I think it's actually quite common amongst users.

Nope. Might give that a shot next time actually.
It's good to know that it's normal.
You try that, I'll try taking the dexies with my initial dosage the next time. I'll update un how it goes. :)

I find it difficult to entertain that it's tolerance when it still happened last week after not taking the drug for a whole 9 months! There's just no way that tolerance, in the traditional sense, would not be back to baseline after 9 months of no usage. Although I do take amphetamines reasonably regularly for studying and did so over a large portion of that period. Maybe that factored in.
But then it shouldn't be loss of magic either? Or? I don't think that fits in my case, I still roll just at much as the first time (of course a bit different since my first time was mixed with meth), and of a normal dosage.

This is very similar to my experiences. I can't help but feel that we both experience similar scenarios but just describe them slightly differently. Once I 'wake up' or 'break through' or 'go over the edge' or however you want to describe it I'll be buzzing my tits off ferociously. In fact I'll usually be one of those guys that looks incredibly high with monster pupils and acting hilariously stupidly. But until that moment at usually about 2.5-3 hours into the experience, I won't be enjoying the MDMA and feel lethargic, strange and unable to properly enjoy it. I've got a raving buddy who's the same in the sense that he says it can take him 2-3 hours to come-up. Then again, he doesn't test his MD and takes far larger doses than I do (300-500mg throughout an evening).

It could be that it's the same. These things are really difficult to describe. I definitely feel strange, like caught between a dream and reality (this feeling I also get under a sleep attack).

I've taken too little with my old batch, but that felt different (but again, that was cut with meth). Like I definitely knew I wasn't up. A bit tiered with that as well, even though it was meth in it. So I guess it could be that I'm just not over the edge, and pure MDMA making me extremely tiered.

I also get huge pupils after only 30-40 mins, but I get huuge pupils out of everything that had this effect, and regardless of dosage.

I'm usually up within an 1-1.5 hour (or was with my old batch). This time it took me 30-40 minutes more, since the dexies had to work. Took them after an hour, had to wait til I had puked.

sometimes for some people really pure clean mdma can be sedating at times. its normal and there has been chatter about this subject on this site numerous times.

if you want to amp up your roll with out the addition of other hard drugs just take some caffiene it really works well with mdma. a lot of well known quality pressed pills from over the years have been known to have mdma with usually around 80mgs of caffiene to make the roll more party-like to say.

even shrooms can be sedating at times and then theres times when they have me moving at the speed of light 2 steppin on pluto.

mood and setting can effect your roll in so many ways.

Last edited:
sometimes for some people really pure clean mdma can be sedating at times. its normal and there has been chatter about this subject on this site numerous times.
if you want to amp up your roll with out the addition of other hard drugs just take some caffiene it really works well with mdma. a lot of well known quality pressed pills from over the years have been known to have mdma with usually around 80mgs of caffiene to make the roll more party-like to say.
even shrooms can be sedating at times and then theres times when they have me moving at the speed of light 2 steppin on pluto.
mood and setting can effect your roll in so many ways.

Caffeine doesn't do anything for me, tried it several times. And it's not a mood or set/setting issue, it's an exact reaction that happens every single time on pure MDMA. I know pure MDMA often is sedating, but I haven't met anyone that becomes as tired and sedated as me in real life (sure I'm not the only one though). I can easily fall asleep, and aren't able to enjoy the effects cause I'm just too exhausted. Thanks for the input though.

I'll give an input on the narcolepsy issue as soon as I've taken the tests, I'm pretty sure that may be part of the cause.

Just a quick update. Turned out the doctors are very sure that I have mild narcolepsy (runs in my family, and I fit almost every criteria). So that is likely the reason for the extreme tiredness that I experience on pure MDMA (I experience the same extreme tieredness regularly while sober - impossible to stay awake). So I'm just going to use my normal dose of dexies whenever I roll. It won't amp up my roll, just make it a normal roll.

Last time I rolled we compared the effect my friends got with what I experienced. And we were very similar in energy levels and effects after I took the 10 mg dex. So next time I'm gonna take them from start.

I've had MDMA/amp rolls before (like enough amp to make the roll speedy), and I like that as well. But I prefer a normal MDMA roll, cause it's not that forced. I can dance if I want to, but also sit down and relax if I want to :)

i used to talk talk talk coming up and had tons of energy when i first started rolling
eventually it evolved into a " i need to sit down for an hour or more until i am done coming up.
and i cannot be cold." cold on mdma = nope.
people try to talk to me now and ask me if i am ok cuz i look like i am wrecked and all i say is "comin up" lol.
i would call it losing the magic.
or there is something seriously different with synths..
i remember one of the last times i had a pokeball i mixed it with a meth puma. ZING!!!!! ace.