• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Extremely tired and sedated on pure MDMA

luxray

Bluelighter
First of all, my drugs are tested with multiple tests, all fine.

I get extremely tired and sedated on pure MDMA, to the point where I can't stand or keep my eyes open, talk or do anything. On MDMA I want to express my love to my loved ones, so me being totally paralysed means that I can't really enjoy it.

It's not a dose issue or a setting issue, it happens on both low and high doses (more on low) and no matter where I am. It happens no matter if I'm tiered or energetic when I drop.
It's not the "being floored" feeling, which I actually like. It's like I'm so tiered that I don't feel the MDMA feelings, or just get glimpse of it the short times I "wake up". I know the feelings are there all the time, but I'm to tiered to enjoy them. It's difficult to explain really.

I take the same MDMA as my friends, and none of them gets so tired and paralysed as me. They aren't wired up like on speed of course, but they can cuddle if they want, talk if they want, or dance if they want.

What I did last time was to take 10 mg dextroamphetamine after an hour or so (since my initial MDMA drop had made me totally sedated), and then I got where I wanted. I suddenly felt all the good MDMA effects, not at all any speedy effects. I did not increase the MDMA dose. I could still close my eyes and meditate, but I could also dance, talk and do whatever I wanted. AKA, where I wanted to be, and I had the same amount of energy that my friends have on just MDMA.

I use 10 mg dex 2 times a week, but this issue has been there before I started on them.

I know that it's normal to be sedated or relaxed on MDMA, but I think what I'm experiencing is a bit extreme?

My doctor suspects me to have narcolepsy (mild case), since it runs in the family. I'm often very sleepy, and never feel well rested. But I've never gotten it checked out. Could that be the case? Dexamphetamine is used for treating narcolepsy, so could that be why 10 mg sorted me out?

Everything from 90 to 150 mg. It's the same every time. I'm pretty sure it's not dose related.

I was just saying from my experiences, the higher dose I go the more sedated/floored I am.
But as you said you don't think that's the issue .

I'm no doctor but if yours suspect it, better get checked. In the meantime it seems you have a solution. :)

I was just saying from my experiences, the higher dose I go the more sedated/floored I am.
But as you said you don't think that's the issue .

Yeah, that's what others tell me as well, but I'm not getting floored, it's another feeling...
The lower the dose, the more I get this extreamly tiered feeling.

When I'm floored I feel amazing and I'm not tiered in the same way - I'm just comfy and relaxed. Now it's like I'm about to fall asleep or be sedated before a surgery or something.

I'm no doctor but if yours suspect it, better get checked. In the meantime it seems you have a solution. :)

yeah, I guess. I't just sooo weird. 10-15 mg dex is a low dose as well, so I don't mind. But yeah, I guess I should check it out...

Bit of a weird one! .....I have a mate who is similar to this, not sedated as such, but doesn't dance, doesn't talk or get involved much at all, just looks like he's having a bad time. When he's not on MD though, he's the loudest and frankly, one of the most annoying people I know :p

Have you always been like this on MD?

I have to add, if it's a dose issue - then it's the dose being too low - not too high. But since I get the full effects when I added 10 mg dex, I don't think that's the case either.
I overdosed with pure MDMA once (not on purpose of course, and I learned my lesson), and I got floored for several hours - but not tired. That floored feeling I liked, and it was completely different from what I'm experiencing now.

Bit of a weird one! .....I have a mate who is similar to this, not sedated as such, but doesn't dance, doesn't talk or get involved much at all, just looks like he's having a bad time. When he's not on MD though, he's the loudest and frankly, one of the most annoying people I know :p

Have you always been like this on MD?

Well, the MDMA I used in the beginning was cut with a small amount of amp/meth (I used the batch for a long time). Great empathy, extremely loved up, nystagmus, and all the typical MDMA feelings, but it also had the rushing energy and it was very dancy. I didn't know at the time, since it tested good. But I ran out of the batch, and bought a new one. And that's when I started getting this reaction. Now I've testet three different batches (all tested with multiple tests), and I always get the same reaction. At first I thought there were something wrong with my MDMA, but my friends have tried it - and they get normal reactions. So that's why I decided to mix it with my dexies.

Lol I have a friend who falls asleep when get MDMA is coming up then he wakes up when the peak hits. It's weird as hell. My suggestion? Add caffeine (like chai tea, you'd be amazed how much caffeine is in there but it's gentler because of the other spices and the things in the tea itself) would be my suggestion.

Hey OP! Same issue here sometimes. It varies from time to time though. What I really noticed though is that I don't fully enjoy MDMA a lot of the time until after my first dose has had time to settle, and I take my second dose. The second dose has the clean and, relevant to your concern, awake warm happy feelings.

Have you had the same experience regarding time for settling and a second dose?

Caffeine doesn't do anything for me unfortunately. Tried several times.

Hey OP! Same issue here sometimes. It varies from time to time though. What I really noticed though is that I don't fully enjoy MDMA a lot of the time until after my first dose has had time to settle, and I take my second dose. The second dose has the clean and, relevant to your concern, awake warm happy feelings.

Have you had the same experience regarding time for settling and a second dose?

Hm, interesting. In that case it's likely to believe the initial dosage was a bit too low?

I haven't tried redosing, since I wasn't completely sure it was me or the drugs. Last time I redosed, but that was an hour after the dexies.

I'm thinking about trying a larger initial dose. The MDMA I have is tested to be between 70-80% pure, where 100% resembles the maximum purity of mdma hcl salt (84% i think).

What I really noticed though is that I don't fully enjoy MDMA a lot of the time until after my first dose has had time to settle, and I take my second dose. The second dose has the clean and, relevant to your concern, awake warm happy feelings.

Yeah I can relate to this and I know others experience it too. Numerous times I'll be talking to people who tell me it takes them ages to come-up (2-3 hours+). In my experiences it's often not until the redose/ caffeine energy drink I'll begin to feel the euphoric, empathetic & energetic feelings that I take the drug for. Usually at hours 1-2.5 I'll be in a strange headspace with little energy to dance and very spaced out with mild anxiety. This even happened at an initial drop of 150mg and after a 9 month break dropping 135mg so I'm unsure why it happens really. Once the redose/caffeine kicks in the experience becomes exactly what I want and lasts a good 4-5 hours from there so perhaps it is simply loss of magic from longterm usage.

Sounds like your solution of doing the dexies with the mdma works for you. My partner gets sleepy on mdma too.

Combine your MDMA with methamphetamine. Problem solved.

If you'd bothered to read the whole thread/opening post, you'd see that the problem is already solved. I feel all the effects just by adding 10 mg dexamphetamine.
What's interesting is whats causing it, and hearing other peoples experiences/theories.

Yeah I can relate to this and I know others experience it too. Numerous times I'll be talking to people who tell me it takes them ages to come-up (2-3 hours+). In my experiences it's often not until the redose/ caffeine energy drink I'll begin to feel the euphoric, empathetic & energetic feelings that I take the drug for. Usually at hours 1-2.5 I'll be in a strange headspace with little energy to dance and very spaced out with mild anxiety. This even happened at an initial drop of 150mg and after a 9 month break dropping 135mg so I'm unsure why it happens really. Once the redose/caffeine kicks in the experience becomes exactly what I want and lasts a good 4-5 hours from there so perhaps it is simply loss of magic from longterm usage.

Very interesting.
Loss of magic from long term usage is not a case with me though. I've used under 10 times in total, spread over a long period.
And also, if loss of magic was the case, then it isn't likely that just energy drinks could make you start feeling the effects? A redose, sure, if that's making you "come over the edge", but not just from adding some caffeine/energy drinks?

Altso 150 mg MDMA doesn't have to be that much. We aren't exactly getting lab-quality product, that always have the same standard. So the 150 mg could contain a lot less MDMA - even though there isn't any other active cuts. Dosage is so hard to determine unfortunately.

Sounds like your solution of doing the dexies with the mdma works for you. My partner gets sleepy on mdma too.

Good to know I'm not the only one :)

I've used under 10 times in total, spread over a long period

Pretty sure I began to notice the loss of effects after 5+ uses with reasonable breaks ranging from 2-3+ months.

And also, if loss of magic was the case, then it isn't likely that just energy drinks could make you start feeling the effects?

Yep. The energy drinks amp up the DA/NE pushing you into euphoria with the MDMA.

A redose, sure, if that's making you "come over the edge", but not just from adding some caffeine/energy drinks?

I'm not sure what's causing what really as I usually take them around the same time (drop my redose bomb with the energy drink).

Altso 150 mg MDMA doesn't have to be that much. We aren't exactly getting lab-quality product, that always have the same standard. So the 150 mg could contain a lot less MDMA - even though there isn't any other active cuts. Dosage is so hard to determine unfortunately.

Agreed. But at the same time we're always taking street quality MDMA and so even the first times we took it and experienced all the 'magic' was likely from impure MDMA.

I have this problem as well, to the point where it ruins the mdxx to some extent for me.
I find amphetamine combined with a lower dose of mdma is best for me. The amph will make the md less chill and i quite enjoy amph on its own anyway ya know

5+ uses JWills!? Oh man! That sucks

Yeah. I gradually noticed that the comeups became more unpleasant and the peak wasn't overly recreational. Basically, it began to get harder to 'break through' with gradual usage independent of the time-frame between uses. I can still experience all of the fantastic effects of MDMA and in abundance it just takes me a little longer to get there these days. I could just be that I'm not taking enough initially - perhaps I'll try 175-200mg doses to start and see how that goes.