• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread should be called "How to waste a patch & shoot up alcohol"!

Quote: Now with the glue removed put the patch back in the alcohol ...

This should read "Now with the drug containing layer removed, put the inactive piece of plastic back in the alcohol, boil it, stir it up a while, and shoot a bunch of vodka in your veins"!

:X

I can't belive non of the mods researched this nonsense before it was able to go on this long.

I'll stick with the citric acid boil. I wasted $30 buying supplies for this and wasted my last two patches. Was all like: push the plunger slowly because this will be very potent -I feel like an idiot! I was thinking that the fent was in the glue, but thought this had to be real or the mods would have removed it.
It would make a hell of a lot more sense to leave the drug-containing-layer on, where it is nicely dispersed & do it that way, but NOOOOO, lets remove the dope & shoot frickin' vodka!
Nice post!

Retarded.

Man,you're so fuckin right...

^^^Hahahaha man,very nice post!:D.Of course i'm not laughing about the patches you lost, that's really very fuckin:X fucked situation, especially if you haven't any other..believe me, i feel you.:|It's just the way that you explain the whole thing(you have a very nice sense of humor:))And of course, the whole drug is in the adhesive, you're very right.And look,the thread has so many posts(5 fuckin pages?%)) and the most didn't noticed this, me too in a previous post in this thread(i didn't even think to do this extraction, too much fuckin complicated for me..)Only a guy who made a nasal spray did it the right way,he scraped the glue from the patch but he didn't throw it away, he put it back in the IPA, maybe it would be better if he didn't scraped it and let the patch as it was,i don't know..8)Anyway, welcome aboard brother, really very nice post and I'm really sorry about your patches(know how it :Xfeels to loose some), and of course you're very right that this must have been checked, because it's written in a very "standard" way.Hope that other people read your post before do this..

MartinFn

Thanks for the experience report dx1. I will note that leftwing's post (#94) clearly mentions that the drug is in the adhesive. It is unfortunate that the two posters before you didn't read up the page a bit and see that, and also that you didn't read up past them. The first post I believe makes no mention of completely discarding the glue either. Now thanks to your post though I think more people will get the right idea.:)

When it comes to administering any powerful drug and especially fent you need to be sure of what you are doing, and though Bluelight is an excellent tool to help you stay safe, it isn't perfect and is just an aid. In the end it still comes down to your own judgment and how much faith and trust you put in what people are saying.

^^^Do you really know where the problem is?When somebody's searching for a way to extract that shit, and let's say that he/she uses the searching machine and falls in this thread, i don't think that he/she will read the whole thread, but the first post, because it is written in a very special way, big red, blue letters, a lot of details, i think you know what i mean:\...though, this is just my opinion, of course the most that smbd reads, the most he/she gets%).But what i really don't understand, is how Oxymorphone (who seems that have knowledge of chemistry) didn't notice a such an important thing like this:? ..Anyway..

MartinFn

Ah yes the first post dose mention removing the glue eh? Well it is what worked best for the first OP accord to his notes so I'm not sure. There is a detailed disclaimer at the beginning saying that this is just opinions as well. I understand your concern about allowing this information to be available to people who are just going to skim the first post and trust it as almighty truth, but eventually they have to take some responsibility into their own hands to research and properly verify.

Trapped in the glue..

Eventually what I found best was to remove the patch after a few minutes while it was warm sitting in the alcohol and start rubbing the glue side with my fingers. It becomes extremely quick and easy to separate and peel all of the glue off the patch without tearing or warping it with a little practice. it is similar to removing the glue off a notebook label or similar price tag.
MOD NOTE: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS PROCEDURE. SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THE GLUE CONTAINS A LARGE PORTION OF THE DRUG AND REMOVAL OF IT IS NOT EFFECTIVE
Now with the glue removed put the patch back in the alcohol (with no heat if you prefer which is proven to be very effective), and in my case I used heat to get the most out of the patch.

This is from the FIRST post.So,obviously it's not mod's fault, it seems that Oxymorphone just trapped at removing the fuckin glue.Anyway..

MartinFn

Last edited:
I'm glad people have got the fact that the fentanyl is in the adhesive. The thing is that with Oxymorphone's method or the stuff I previously wrote, it doesn't matter. The fentanyl probably goes into the IPA 91 alcohol really fast. This is what I do, just take a bowl of IPA 91, put a patch in it, heat it up and evaporate it, and then most of the fentanyl is at the bottom of the bowl in 1-2 hours. I then just add water to it, and a couple of drops of distilled vinegar (ascorbic acid) and then use it as nasal drops.

I just did a full 50mcg/hr patch two days ago using the above procedure after lowering my tolerance from 50mcg/hr to 12.5mcg/hr with the aid of gabapentin. I overdid it. I felt great but then the nausea, etc. came and I knew I had lost my tolerance (which is a good thing). But basically throwing the patch in IPA 91 will get most of the fentanyl out, and by the time you rub the glue out and throw it back, there's probably little left. So Oxymorphone's original method works because the fentanyl has already gone into the IPA 91.

i tried duragesic transdermal patches using the o.p's method and got nothing.is the drug all in the adhesive?can somebody post another way of extracting the fentanyl for i.v use,as getting rid of the glue does not work.
thanks.

Do not get rid of the glue; the drug is in the glue! That's what some of us have been trying to say. In both kinds of patches, the drug-in-adhesive kind (does that name make sense) and the one where there's a diffusion membrane (the Watson brand for example), the drug is in the glue or in the solution. With the Watson brand, you don't have to do anything, just take out the solution and dissolve it water (I use a mild distilled vinegar (acetic acid) solution, 3 drops of vinegar to 10ml of H2O) and I use it intranasally.

When I do this, I don't throw anything away. I use about 200ml of 91% IPA and wait until about 10-20ml is left before I start throwing away the patch itself (the backing) and then I never throw the adhesive away. In the case of the Sandoz brand, which should be like the Durogesic brand, the adhesive nicely melts into the 91% IPA (using 70% IPA isn't as good) and in the case of the Mylan brand, it kind of clumps up but all the fentanyl is in there and it has to diffuse out into the alcohol by the time the alcohol dries. Medium heat (if you overdo it, you'll lose the fentanyl) and 91% or even greater IPA gets the most out in my view.

In case anyone cares, I'm now FREE from my dependence of fentanyl (for now at least). I'm on Day 4 after jumping off (after a month long rocky taper, but obviously a taper nonetheless since I felt discomfort for no more than 12 hrs on Day 2) and I feel really normal, just as I would when I was on the patch or extracting it. I feel my pain senses are returning to normal which I always felt was wacked out during fentanyl use (i.e., I was more tolerant of pain which led me to do some mildly stupid things, like I could pick up immensely hot stuff without much worry).

i tried duragesic transdermal patches using the o.p's method and got nothing.is the drug all in the adhesive?can somebody post another way of extracting the fentanyl for i.v use,as getting rid of the glue does not work.
thanks.

I actually can confirm it doesn't matter too much, subjectively speaking based on the experience, whether I scrape the adhesive (glue) out or not for the Mylan brand. For the Sandoz brand, the adhesive dissolves in the alcohol and mixes out really well. Either way, I don't start doing anything until half the IPA 91 has evaporated. So if I use 200ml, then until 100ml is gone I don't remove the glue off and leave it in the solution. I logically think removing it is a good thing since both surfaces are now exposed to the IPA 91 solution.

Note that the graph posted here showing how well fentanyl dissolves in room temperature IPA 91 (in 2 hrs, 90% or so is in the IPA) is done based on using 500ml of IPA 91. The more IPA you use, the better your extraction will be. I find using 100-200ml to be adequate.

Only a guy who made a nasal spray did it the right way,he scraped the glue from the patch but he didn't throw it away, he put it back in the IPA, maybe it would be better if he didn't scraped it and let the patch as it was,i don't know..8)
MartinFn

using spent duragesic fentanyl patches

So im gonna make this short and easy... couldnt find an appropriate thread so i just started a new one.... apologies if this belogs somewhere else. Anyways I have about 15 used 100 mcg fentanyl patches. Im wondering what I can do with them. You can see that the gel has since dried up inside them but I can still scrape some of the dried gell off when I cut open the patches. I have a high tolerance and have been addicted to opiates for 5 years now so I would appreciate it if I didnt get the typical "your not ready for fentanyl man" replies. I've been able to sublingually take 75 mcgs befopre with no problem. Im wondering if it would be best to do this with dried gel crystals or if anyone has had experience rehydrating the dried gel with water and iving. Or possibly snorting. Could really use some help here ladies and gents and once again Im sorry if there is already a topic on this somewhere.

Im looking to use now so if the sooner a reply the better lol thanks

well just tried shooting and smoking... not really feeling nothing.... anyone have any advice?

You tried shooting and smoking? Baad idea but its your life. You could put the patches in a pill bottle full of water, let it sit a while, and then let the water sit in your mouth before swallowing. This isn't safe at all but hell it is better than trying to shoot and smoke patches.

well like I said I scraped the dried fetanyl gel off the inside of the patches... Im not actually shooting or smoking the plastic itself

The danger is not in shooting the plastic, its shooting the fentanyl itself. This is one of the most dangerous drugs to IV, do some research...tons of deaths since the early 2000's. There should be a guide on bluelight about shooting it if you're going to do it either way.

Smoke it

The fentanyl is most likely not all used up; as you know, it is incredibly potent, and the gel-based patches are not designed to be empty when they are removed from the skin. They are designed to release a very steady flow of the drug across a semi-permeable membrane. In order to remain constant, the gel must have a certain concentration of fentanyl in it; so by design this gel is not even close to depleted when the patch is "used up."

Take the patches, and cut them all open so that the entire inner surface area of each patch is exposed. Shove them all into a small glass, like a shot glass or similar. Take some 90% or better quality isopropyl alcohol and stir the patches and alcohol thoroughly so that each and every square millimeter of each patch has been exposed to the alcohol. Make sure to use the smallest amount of alcohol that you can effectively complete this task with. A smaller amount will be much more manageable in the next step.

Pull out about a 6"x6" square of aluminum, and pour the alcohol onto the center of it, being careful not to allow it to spill over any edge of the square. Using a hairdryer set to low or medium, gently evaporate the alcohol from the foil until it is completely dry. It is very easy to blow the liquid off of the foil, so patience and a steady hand is key here. Do not over-heat the foil at any point during this procedure, as fentanyl is easily destroyed by heat. When all the alcohol is evaporated, you will see a deposit film on the foil. This contains the fentanyl. Tear this foil into strips, touching the deposit as little as possible. Lightly crumple these torn strips into manageable ball-sized pieces. Put a ball into a bowl, pipe, or similar, and hit it without ever touching the flame to the foil directly; just get it hot. You will not exhale visible smoke, but you will get a nice powerful high. Be careful not to over-do it; but as you said; you already know that. Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
thanks .... i will give that a shot tonight and let the forum know if I can get this too work.... I remember seeing a chart here before on the length of time to soak.... how long would you suggest like 2 hours? i think thats what I remember the chart saying... also do the balls need to be kind of loose? or could I just vaporize on foil with "chase the dragon method"

Keep the balls loose enough for heat and air to circulate through the foil as you heat it. When I used the method, I just thoroughly stirred the concoction for a few minutes; although the longer you let it soak, I'm sure, the better; also, some alcohol will evaporate, which only makes the manual evaporation step easier. I would advise against chasing the dragon, simply because of the pure potency of fent. You could end up taking a lethal hit. Using strips is not only convenient; it divides your dose into increments, forcing you to actually make your next hit. This ensures you can actually walk and breath ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.