• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Extracting alkaloids from Kratom Powder

It all depends on where you get it from, if they're reliable, and how the extracts are made. I have had good luck with different types of Kratom and extracts. And from a reliable vendor, I have actually just ordered 1 gram of a Kratom extract. yea, one gram. But of that one gram, 850mg is pure alkaloids. Of that 850mg, 55% is pure Mitragynine and the other 45% is pure 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine. I did all the math and conversions based on what research I found (in regards to 7hydroxy Mitragynine being 17 times stronger than morphine). And I calculated that a mere 3.4 mg of this extract i ordered, should be equal (in terms of pain relief) to what I am currently prescribed every 6 hours for breakthrough pain. The math I did and assumptions I made (as I have previously written and calculated on a different site) are as follows...

in 1/2 gram of this extract, 85% is alkaloids (by weight). and of that 85%; 45% is 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine and 55% is Mitragynine.
So in this post, I will demonstrate how strong a pain reliever this should be compared to morphine.​
so first, 85% of 500mg = 425mg.​
So 425mg of this particular extract is pure alkaloids.​
55% of 425 = 233.75mg and​
45% of 425mg = 191.25mg.​
So far we have 233.75mg of pure Mitragynine and we have 191.25mg of pure 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine.​
Research shows that 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine is 17 times more potent than morphine, and 30 times more potent than the Mitragynine alkaloid.
Based on this assumtion, we do the following calculations:​
If 7-hydroxy Mitragynine has a 17:1 ratio to morphine:​
191.25mg(17) = 3251.25mg (meaning 191.25mg of this mixture it is equal to 3251.25mg or morphine)​
and 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine is 30 x more potent than Mitragynine
191.25mg(30) = 5737.5mg(meaning it is equal to 5737.5mg of Mitragynine)​
Using this we have determined that 5737.5mg of Mitragynine = 3251.25mg of morphine.​
Thus Morphine is ~.57 times stronger than Mitragynine.​
Now for the rest of our Mitragynine calculations:​
We have 233.75mg of Mitragynine in this, we can convert that to 7HM here​
233.75mg/(30) = ~7.79 So we take [7.79(17)] = 132.43mg​
So 233.75mg Mitragynine roughly = 132.43mg Morphine
So by these calculations and estimates, this 425mg mixture of Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine is roughly the same potency that would be found in 3383.68mg of Morphine. As long as my calculations were correct.​
Using everyone's favorite opiate converter; it shows that 3383.68mg of Morphine(oral) = 2255.79mg oxycodone (oral)​
Essentially 425mg of this particular extract could potentially be equal to 2255.79 mg of Oxycodone
To make further calculations easier, we will just go ahead and say that the remaining 75mg has no value and we will just say that​
500mg of this extract = 2255.79 mg of Oxycodone
My current prescribed dose of oxycodone is 15mg PO q6h PRN for breakthrough pain​
so if we divide our oxycodone estimate like this 2255.79mg/(15) = 150.386​
It tells us that there are approx. 150 doses of 15mg oxycodone within this 500mg powdered Kratom extract. So I divide 500mg by 150 doses to get​
500/(150) = 3.33333 and this means that​
~3.34mg of this extract = 15mg of oxycodone

I just hope that the research papers I read are correct, and that the vendor is accurately displaying the alkaloid content; because if that is the case, then my calculations will in fact be correct. I will post an update tomorrow once I receive my order. But yea, Id swear by certain types of Kratom. You just have to find the right vendor or make your own extracts.

"45% is 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine and 55% is Mitragynine.". Just read your first sentence bro and its woefully inaccurate..
7-Hydroxy Mitragynine makes up between 0.003-0.008% of total kratom leaf by weight. Mitragynine ranges between 1-2%.No Alkaloids are destroyed unless you go just over boiling point of 100c.
so 95c is perfectly safe.
When I have time I'll post full and clear instructions for extracting kratom leaf the way we do it in Australia.

Thank you I NUK3D U!

The information about the alkaloids getting destroyed at temperatures above 70 - 80 degrees Celsius is very helpful. I should have guessed that but I'd been just using boiling water to make a "tea". Controlling the temperature I get much better results. :)

Now, I add a little cool water first, then put in a meat thermometer and add boiling water by funnel watching to make sure the temperature doesn't get above 150 degrees Fahrenheit. After adding the hot water I also occasionally add 1/16 tsp ascorbic acid and always add 1/8 tsp citric acid for each teaspoon fine powdered Kratom. I then add a Teflon coated magnetic stirring rod and put the bottle on a magnetic stirrer for awhile before filtering with a gold metal coffee filter. I use the first pull when I want a more noticeable effect, and I reprocess the filtrate for use as a simple analgesic.

I buy the ascorbic acid and citric acid from a bulk powder supplement vendor and I was also using l-malic acid too but I ran out of it.

I am hesitant to do any regular acid / base alkaloid extraction since I've never seen good consistent results reported. Considering the problems I've read about, it seems chromatography might be the best way to separate the alkaloids but that would take more research. It would be nice if the good alkaloids fluoresced under UV light because then it would be easy to spot them in the chromatographic column, but I've never seen any report yet that they would fluoresce.
Far too much acids.just use water or one portion citric acid to all the kratom your using.

Thank you I NUK3D U!

The information about the alkaloids getting destroyed at temperatures above 70 - 80 degrees Celsius is very helpful. I should have guessed that but I'd been just using boiling water to make a "tea". Controlling the temperature I get much better results. :)

Now, I add a little cool water first, then put in a meat thermometer and add boiling water by funnel watching to make sure the temperature doesn't get above 150 degrees Fahrenheit. After adding the hot water I also occasionally add 1/16 tsp ascorbic acid and always add 1/8 tsp citric acid for each teaspoon fine powdered Kratom. I then add a Teflon coated magnetic stirring rod and put the bottle on a magnetic stirrer for awhile before filtering with a gold metal coffee filter. I use the first pull when I want a more noticeable effect, and I reprocess the filtrate for use as a simple analgesic.

I buy the ascorbic acid and citric acid from a bulk powder supplement vendor and I was also using l-malic acid too but I ran out of it.

I am hesitant to do any regular acid / base alkaloid extraction since I've never seen good consistent results reported. Considering the problems I've read about, it seems chromatography might be the best way to separate the alkaloids but that would take more research. It would be nice if the good alkaloids fluoresced under UV light because then it would be easy to spot them in the chromatographic column, but I've never seen any report yet that they would fluoresce.
The poor man's chemist on YouTube has a video on how to extract the alkaloids.watch it

"45% is 7-Hydroxy Mitragynine and 55% is Mitragynine.". Just read your first sentence bro and its woefully inaccurate..
7-Hydroxy Mitragynine makes up between 0.003-0.008% of total kratom leaf by weight. Mitragynine ranges between 1-2%.No Alkaloids are destroyed unless you go just over boiling point of 100c.
so 95c is perfectly safe.
When I have time I'll post full and clear instructions for extracting kratom leaf the way we do it in Australia.
That number on low % of 7 HMG is from commercial vendors and shit sold in headshops...many ppl farm here in the states and get the 7HMG % way higher. I’ve found one in Wyoming that only distributes to 2 stores in Cheyenne and Fort Collins, but if I take any other brand besides that I go into opiate withdrawals. I’m telling you there is stronger stuff out there but regulated brands in stores are required to have like less than 1.5% 7HMG or something low like that

That number on low % of 7 HMG is from commercial vendors and shit sold in headshops...many ppl farm here in the states and get the 7HMG % way higher. I’ve found one in Wyoming that only distributes to 2 stores in Cheyenne and Fort Collins, but if I take any other brand besides that I go into opiate withdrawals. I’m telling you there is stronger stuff out there but regulated brands in stores are required to have like less than 1.5% 7HMG or something low like that
Ha, I live by Cheyenne and Fort Collins and know exactly which isolate/extract you’re talking about. Feels like Hydro or Oxy with either no ceiling or an extremely high one, shit legs though..

Shits so strong when I stopped it after taking 15 a day for 6 months I had way worse W/D’s than I KNOW kratom powder is capable of giving as I’ve been through kratom withdrawal and real opioid withdrawal.

Shit FEELS so good I used it to get off pressed fent oxy’s.... 🤤🤤 I actually like it MORE...
Mmm wish I was at a place in my life where it would be a good idea to take some 🙄🤥

The white crystals/powder, right?

You can make a Simple red bubble- this extracts the alkaloids by using citric acid and hot water at around 170°. From there you freeze it- which breaks through the cell walls and releases more alkaloids. You do not want your temp above 180°. This is the basic start of most extraction recipes. This is the only way I Consume kratom. The plant matter is hell on my stomach. You can find some pretty detailed information on the next steps of making extracts online. There's a really great group on FB called Red Bubble Kratom. They have very detailed instructions on how to take your kratom to the next level. 😊

can anyone pass along the name of this extract/brand? need to get off these blues, and all kratom is definitely not created equal

Ha, I live by Cheyenne and Fort Collins and know exactly which isolate/extract you’re talking about. Feels like Hydro or Oxy with either no ceiling or an extremely high one, shit legs though..

Shits so strong when I stopped it after taking 15 a day for 6 months I had way worse W/D’s than I KNOW kratom powder is capable of giving as I’ve been through kratom withdrawal and real opioid withdrawal.

Shit FEELS so good I used it to get off pressed fent oxy’s.... 🤤🤤 I actually like it MORE...
Mmm wish I was at a place in my life where it would be a good idea to take some 🙄🤥

The white crystals/powder, right?
I’m yep, you nailed it. I actually bought a 100 bottles of them bc I got a huge discount from the guy who makes them. And yes, I agree, no brand of any kratom ever got me like a couple of these pills. Like taking a 5mg or 10mg perc.

sorry I just got on here and saw your post but you are dead on. Lol

I'm also curious - I used to buy UEI extract. 500mg would give you full effects that 20g would, with less side effects. It was great.

Most UEI I see sold online is completely fake, just regular ass powdered leaf.

I've also seen videos on kratom alkaloid extraction and it's very difficult. Not simple.

Curious about the science and any home brew methods (which don't exist).

can anyone pass along the name of this extract/brand? need to get off these blues, and all kratom is definitely not created equal
They are difficult to find for real. Email me I’ll send u a pic of the bottle and let u know more and the place to get [no sourcing please -- negrogesic]

they are called potions but they have no website it’s a dude in Denver that makes them, they are blowing up in popularity. Retailers will try to hit u w $45 a bottle but I got em 4 $17 bc I got 100...anyway HMU I’ll help

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also curious - I used to buy UEI extract. 500mg would give you full effects that 20g would, with less side effects. It was great.

Most UEI I see sold online is completely fake, just regular ass powdered leaf.

I've also seen videos on kratom alkaloid extraction and it's very difficult. Not simple.

Curious about the science and any home brew methods (which don't exist).
From what the guy told me, he has isolated the 3 main alkaloids out of the 30 something that is in kratom leaves...then the pills are mixed with some amino acids like l theanine and 5htp(a few others, he didn’t tell me his whole recipe...). But nothing fake. In fact now I’m addicted to these... but I’ll tell u more, send u pic if u want email me. [no sourcing]

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing you should know, and all of what you said was very accurate and intelligent first of all...but the 7HMG being 17:1 is slightly misleading. Our liver actually converts regular mitragynane at a much more efficient rate, and therefore it is a little misleading the whole 7ohmg thing. But certainly what you said was brilliant taught me

You can make a Simple red bubble- this extracts the alkaloids by using citric acid and hot water at around 170°. From there you freeze it- which breaks through the cell walls and releases more alkaloids. You do not want your temp above 180°. This is the basic start of most extraction recipes. This is the only way I Consume kratom. The plant matter is hell on my stomach. You can find some pretty detailed information on the next steps of making extracts online. There's a really great group on FB called Red Bubble Kratom. They have very detailed instructions on how to take your kratom to the next level. 😊
Ya red bubble looks cool but a lot of trouble I thought for very little difference in the high.

From what the guy told me, he has isolated the 3 main alkaloids out of the 30 something that is in kratom leaves...then the pills are mixed with some amino acids like l theanine and 5htp(a few others, he didn’t tell me his whole recipe...). But nothing fake. In fact now I’m addicted to these... but I’ll tell u more, send u pic if u want email me. [no sourcing]

hey bro don't post your real email here or anything,

but what are you talking about? You buy some pills from a store or a person? I'm a little curious.

hey bro don't post your real email here or anything,

but what are you talking about? You buy some pills from a store or a person? I'm a little curious.
My fault on the email

ya they are being sold at a few stores but only here in northern Colorado and I got them from the person who makes them. The stores are selling them for 3X as much

My fault on the email

ya they are being sold at a few stores but only here in northern Colorado and I got them from the person who makes them. The stores are selling them for 3X as much
They are pills but it’s a white crystalline powder of the 3 main alkaloids and amino acids

They are pills but it’s a white crystalline powder of the 3 main alkaloids and amino acids

I can't help but think that sounds very suspicious to me man.

You don't know exactly what's in them?

real UEI I had was still a very fine brown color powder, not white crystal.

I mean it's hard not to think this guy is stuffing RCs into capsules and calling it kratom... there is a reason kratom extracts don't really exist on the market.

I can't help but think that sounds very suspicious to me man.

You don't know exactly what's in them?

real UEI I had was still a very fine brown color powder, not white crystal.

I mean it's hard not to think this guy is stuffing RCs into capsules and calling it kratom... there is a reason kratom extracts don't really exist on the market.

For real it could be Desmethylmoramide, Dipyanone or O-DSMT bought in bulk and put into capsules cut up with whatever. I would have some sent to a lab like EnergyControl to see what it truly is. The fact that it's white crystalline powder is suspicious to me cuz all the Kratom Extracts I've ever had were green/brownish...

there is a reason kratom extracts don't really exist on the market.

Though I agree that white crystals sounds likely to be an opioid RC, there are actually a ton of legitimate kratom extracts on the market. But they're all resin extracts or brown powder.