• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Experimental Use of Dermorphin to Treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome — Some Questions

I'm not talking about kambo just dermorphin. I honestly don't think kambo would be that horrible for the health of a fairly healthy person but the heart effects and dehydration and vomiting is something I don't think i.could deal with. It seems hard to dose dermorphin tho, especially with the level of scale I have not even weighing out five mg properly (the total amount I have)

The thing is ... I bought a smallish amount from a fellow sick pwrson maybe I should've just bought it from a rc company so that I could know the exact amount of total power to accurately make. a volumetric solution ... rather than my current situation where the guy said "its about 5mg left bc I used about x amount "

I would be concerned about the stability of dermorphin. Peptides are not always the most stable compounds, most of the commercial suppliers recommend storage at -20C.

from the above linked paper.
The interest in dermorphin decreased after 1985, and the compound was never again introduced in the clinical setting. Considering the enormous pressure to find superior acting opioids, this is quite puzzling.

"Quite puzzling"? From the same review,
In 1982, it was demonstrated that dermorphin administered peripherally was unable to cross the blood–brain barrier, an important finding precluding oral use.
"Cannot cross BBB" is a bit of a stretch, but it's still true that BBB penetration is low, one study suggests that compared to morphine, it's only 1/660th as effective as penetrating BBB.

Either way, dermorphin hasn't seen a lot of use due to it necessitating an intrathecal pump to be an efficacious analgesic, its cost, and the superiority of other drugs.

Last edited:
I would be concerned about the stability of dermorphin. Peptides are not always the most stable compounds, most of the commercial suppliers recommend storage at -20C.
Interesting. It's been in the mail and out at room temo for a bit. Maybe I shouldn't take this batch. Wouldn't there be some visible change if degrading like change in color or something