• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

Here is my success story, sorry for being so lengthy...

*****This process is for snorting(or plugging). I have NOT tried to IV this method*****

I just got done railing a nice line of extracted oxycodone from an OP 80 and I didn't use any crazy solvents or have to take any drastic measures. Before I tell you just let me take you through my reasoning behind what I did.

First, all the Purdue experiments were trying to prove the effectiveness of fast extractions with different solvents. But, if you have a little patience and can stand to wait 12-18 hours for the pill to soak then your options become much more reasonable. So, while reading through the multiple mega threads I came across a link to a Purdue document stating that it was possible to ingest the new OP pills and then later see the pill (whole and intact) in your feces. But they also said that the oxycodone would have still been released into your system and what was left behind was simply the time-release matrix. This gave me an idea, so here is what I did..

Step 1: Took a 2 oz shot glass and filled it 1/3 - 1/2 way full and dropped in an 80 mg OP with the coating still (Didn't chop it up or anything like that).

Step 2: I let it sit in there overnight. After even an hour or so the pill had expanded to 2-3 times its normal size and the green/blue coating disappeared almost right away.

Step 3: I poured the liquid onto a flat glass plate and set it by the window to evaporate in the sun. I also ate the blob of a pill at this time just because I didn't want to waste anything if for some reason this didn't work. In retrospect, I should have let the pill soak longer (like probably 15 hours instead of the 10 hours I had it soaking) but I still had plenty of success. It is important that you don't touch the pill or shake the solution. Basically we are just letting the oxy work its way out of the matrix and as long the matrix is disturbed too much in the process then we can leave most of that stuff behind.

Step 4: Window was taking too long so I put the plate in the oven at the lowest temp. possible and let it dry that way. I had felt a little bit from the pill blob I ate earlier in the day so I knew I hadn't gotten 100% extracted but I wasn't even close to what I should have felt like had I taken an entire 80 OP.

Step 5: Once the liquid is gone, scrape the residue with a razor blade then dice it up to a nice powder and snort the shit out of it.

When I did it the powder was completely white and not all flaky like what you would get with the microwave/oven method. When I snorted it I felt a nice burn instantly (which was a very good thing) and could taste that drip almost instantly. As the water was almost finished evaporating I did notice that it was kind of getting some what slimy so I was worried that what I was going to snort would gel up in my nasal cavity but it didn't one bit! I had been doing the toaster oven route pretty exclusively and even that way would leave my nostrils sticky and slimy from time to time, but not this way. Yeah you have to wait a little while but you only need to use straight H2O, not all these harsh chemicals. Hell, you don't even have to remove the damn coating to do it this way. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why nobody has posted this on here yet.

This is only the second time I have ever posted on one of these forums so I don't check up on them too much but I will try to keep up with this post if you guys need anymore specifics. Worst case scenario with this method is you just eat everything!

Last edited:
Need some help with Moriarity exraction

First I would like to thank the individual who stated that my first experiment wasnt acetone. You are correct in a way. The acetone was used in a different experiment and he poured contaminated leftovers back in the can.......wtf.

I have purchased all the ingrediants of Moriarity extraction to confirm his results. I removed the coating and milled 10 60mg OP oxies and put in 1 liter of water to overwhelm the gelatin effects, as he states. I let them sit overnite and I have to say I am very concerned about this solution. It is still very slimey. From experience I know this is going to be a problem filtering. To be honest there are very little solids in it. There are just a couple of what look like minature cotton balls and they are just a couple pieces that I didnt mill down all the way cause I couldnt hold them with my fingers. I see individuals like AndyB who tried moriarity extraction and never posted end result.

Would someone please post the best method for filtering this slimey shit or what they did. I have ten 60s invested in this and I am going to freak if this was a BS post. Moriarity, I love your name sir. Having been a Sherlock fan forever (Basil did best but Robert Downeys pretty good too) Please be a little more specific about your filtration or anyone for that matter. Also the titration. Can I use an eyedropper and what did you use for showing PH, just litmus paper?

wondering

As I sit here with this slimey solution I have with ten 60s dissolved in it and preparing to do the Moriarity extraction. I think of that last experiment I posted and some of the replies. When I mixed the acetone and water then heated that solution the plastic crap definetly floated to the top. We know it takes a higher temp to destroy the oxy and that acetone has a lower boiling point than water. the end water that was left was normal, not slimey. What if that was done before the Acid/Base extaction? What if the plastic is being raised to the surface as the acetone boils off? Thoughts please !

I don't mean to come across as rude or brash but why would someone go through all that trouble when people have posted many ways that work without all the... hassle?

People have let the pills in soda, lemon juice and even water. People have even simply sucked on them for twenty minutes or so with great results.

The everyday man wouldn't have the means or where-with-all to extract. Lost in this discussion over PolyOx and hypermellouse is the "Why?".

Is it the trill of the chase? Is it to make sure you've sucked the marrow dry from the pill? We have pages and pages of methods that 98% of this forum will not or can not do.

I just think more emphasis needs to be placed on practical solutions.

That is all.

BECAUSE ALL THOSE WAYS ARENT EFFECTIVE. MOST CONVINCINING way i read was the extraction with ethanol sounds very promising cant way to try. Many ppl reported success with 90 percent effectivness. cant wait to try it myself

Ultraviolet light also degrades PEO.

Previous (OC) formulation used titanium dioxide(TiO2) only for coloring. In the new formula, it is also used like sunblock to protect the PEO from UV light. Thus a strong UV light may be needed to exploit the UV route to degrading PEO.
TiO2 is not water soluble, and can also serve as a photocatalyst under UV light, so it may have some "free" benefits.

How strong a UV light would you require? Most any well-stocked pet store will have UV lamps ("sun lamps") for those keeping reptiles. Quite a few desert lizards need intense UV and pretty high heat (45-50c/120-130f+). Would a 100w UVB or mercury lamp do the trick if you put the shaved pill a couple inches beneath it for a few hours? Or would you need something more than that?

Getting Upset

Well I can confirm AndyB results on the moriarity extraction. Immediately upon adding 50g of Lye there is a rubbery ball that collects together once agitated. I took out this ball of shit and pray there isnt much of my ten 60s in there. I can see other particles floating around and I am hoping this is free ased oxy. I am going to continue the extraction as described but there are a lot of stuff that mr moriarity left out. Im starting to think thats why we havent heard from him since. You out there sir. There some pretty important reactions here that you failled to mention.

Well I can confirm AndyB results on the moriarity extraction. Immediately upon adding 50g of Lye there is a rubbery ball that collects together once agitated. I took out this ball of shit and pray there isnt much of my ten 60s in there. I can see other particles floating around and I am hoping this is free ased oxy. I am going to continue the extraction as described but there are a lot of stuff that mr moriarity left out. Im starting to think thats why we havent heard from him since. You out there sir. There some pretty important reactions here that you failled to mention.

could you post a link to the "Moriarity Extraction" instructions? I can't seem to find them. thanks

Not to get off topic, but would the water extraction work to release pure hydromorphone from an Opana Er40?? Or does anyone know any methods that are succesful? I recently crisped 2 40's in a large table spoon(in powdered form) until they started to turn gold and started binding together, it definitely worked to almost eliminate the globbing of the opana, and I seemed to get somewhat high by insulfation, but not as high as I would expect, so I'm worried some of the AI may have burned of as well, but I do believe I was on to something as it became completely gel free. I even tested it first, and it didnt gel w moisture, it also burned slightly when sniffed, so could I be on the right track? Perhaps I just need less heat for longer duration. End product was totally crystallized making crunching sound when re cutting it into lines. Any feedback would b great.

Not to get off topic, but would the water extraction work to release pure hydromorphone from an Opana Er40?? Or does anyone know any methods that are succesful? I recently crisped 2 40's in a large table spoon(in powdered form) until they started to turn gold and started binding together, it definitely worked to almost eliminate the globbing of the opana, and I seemed to get somewhat high by insulfation, but not as high as I would expect, so I'm worried some of the AI may have burned of as well, but I do believe I was on to something as it became completely gel free. I even tested it first, and it didnt gel w moisture, it also burned slightly when sniffed, so could I be on the right track? Perhaps I just need less heat for longer duration. End product was totally crystallized making crunching sound when re cutting it into lines. Any feedback would b great.

Unless you've got a whopper tolerance, two 40s of uncrisped Opana ER up your nose should have you somewhere between drooling on yourself and dead. If two 40s only got you "somewhat high" then I suspect the crisping method (at least as you describe it here) is seriously ineffective.

And why would you want to crisp/burn your Opana powder if you're not going to shoot it? It works just fine with plain ol' crushing and sniffing.

What a waste of time trying to figure out how to get high on these, I haven't gotten a OP thank god. Some of you are putting a ton of time into this, i'm sure if you do a ton of shit there's obviously a way to get it down to normal powder. But that's going to take so much dam time.

Unless you've got a whopper tolerance, two 40s of uncrisped Opana ER up your nose should have you somewhere between drooling on yourself and dead. If two 40s only got you "somewhat high" then I suspect the crisping method (at least as you describe it here) is seriously ineffective.

And why would you want to crisp/burn your Opana powder if you're not going to shoot it? It works just fine with plain ol' crushing and sniffing.

Ive act snorted two w/o crisping method, and did not notice much of a high. I prev took oc80's and so fr the ocs seem fear far superior when snorted. I could get off on an 80-120, but Ive done same w opana er and dont feel anywhere near the effects of oc.
BTW, trying to get rid of timerx bcuz already had sniffed 2-3 regular, so thought it may b reason, plus im hearing they can b dangerous to sniff. *** WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, any help appreciated, thanks!
** Also I could handle 10 80s/day, throughout course of, not all at once, so I do have mega tolerance

Last edited:
What a waste of time trying to figure out how to get high on these, I haven't gotten a OP thank god. Some of you are putting a ton of time into this, i'm sure if you do a ton of shit there's obviously a way to get it down to normal powder. But that's going to take so much dam time.

I agree 100%, dont c what big deal w opana is so far? wish i could still get my reg 80s

frustrated

I am sorry for the multiple posts but I am actualyl doing this and not hypothosizing. The reason we put so much time into this is becuz I am 50 years old and been doing this shit for 32 years. I have a tolerance the size of manhattten. Just to get up and do this shit I milled and soaked 5 - 60s and did them and although I feel good I am not dead or drooling. I know my spelling could be helped.

After letting the rubbery ball dry, I ripped it apart and it has a sort of fibrous look to it. After sitting an hour there is a secondary material floating around. I collected some and its very slimey. I fear that if I filter this solution that I may lose the free based oxy. Now I am starting to pray that Moriarity is not completely full of it.

The quickest and easiest way around the time seal is to just crush up the OP, put it in between your lip and gums and keep taking bites out of anacid tablets (about 1/4th at a time, no more then 3 total) and chewing them up and adding them to the wax. Make sure you keep it wet too.

This works because oxycotin actually comes as oxycodone HCl, an ionized salt. Unfortunately, ions can't cross most mucus membranes, like the ones in your nose, mouths, and stomach. Oxycodone itself is a liquid and a week base (pKa = 8.53). So if the Oxycodone HCl is put in a basic solution (pH > 8.53) the HCl will dissociate and the oxycodone will be able to be absorbed.

The quickest and easiest way around the time seal is to just crush up the OP, put it in between your lip and gums and keep taking bites out of anacid tablets (about 1/4th at a time, no more then 3 total) and chewing them up and adding them to the wax. Make sure you keep it wet too.

This works because oxycotin actually comes as oxycodone HCl, an ionized salt. Unfortunately, ions can't cross most mucus membranes, like the ones in your nose, mouths, and stomach. Oxycodone itself is a liquid and a week base (pKa = 8.53). So if the Oxycodone HCl is put in a basic solution (pH > 8.53) the HCl will dissociate and the oxycodone will be able to be absorbed.

Hate to rain on your parade, but as far as I know any hcl CAN be absorbed by mucous membranes, in fact in processing of cocaine they take painstaking measures to convert it into cocaine hcl, a salt, and if you know that drug the most popular ROA is nasal. Also how come old oxycodone hcl, and oxycontin (oxycodone hcl sr) are all easily absorbed nasally. Think u need to check your facts bro.
**If u just sounded wrong I retract, it sounded like u were saying Oxycontin salts cant be absorbed, which is what oxycodone hcl is. I think your wording may have been off a little, So I think you just didn't give full explanation at end, so if you meant final product of oxycodone hcl CAN be absorbed, no worries, just clarify better next time, PEACE
But oxycodone is actually a white,odorless crystalline powder, not a liquid

Last edited:
Still Movin

Well I added the Tolene to the ~5% Lye solution and shook. It has sat an hour or so and the crap floating around in the solution did NOT disolve into Toulene so I may still be in business. If my freebased oxy is in the toulene I should still be good to go. I will do the three shakedowns then the saltwater wash. I will post again after I have evaporated the toulene and should have 500-600mg of feebased oxy. If not I am going to be pissed.

Interesting. This would tend to be partly supported by a study I recently read.

In the study, rabbits had a catheter placed in their ear veins to monitor blood serum levels, and an oxycodone solution was sprayed onto the sublingual areas of the rabbits' mouths. Peak serum levels occurred at 20 minutes, and the bioavailability was found to be 45% with a ph4 solution, and 70% with a ph9 solution.

The title of the study was "Effect of pH on Sublingual Absorption of Oxycodone Hydrochloride". Google it. Unlike many, the whole paper is online.

Last edited:
There was a small, but significant error in the 13 step procedure I recently posted.

Step 10 was evaporating the mixture of freed API and (degraded) PolyOx/isopropanol solution.

Instead of being evaporated, the liquid should have been siphoned off and discarded, using a wick filter (AKA Open Air Siphon) leaving the oxycodone in the sediment.

The quantity of excipients remaining in the sediment should be insignificant for anything but IV use, and the non-water-soluble excipients could be subsequently filtered out by adding water to the sediment, then filtering the sediment out.

I found this while studying the original document more closely than I had previously. Unfortunately, I was a bit tired, and somehow forgot that Polyox was soluble in IPA, so I sent the author a message saying "this method could not possibly work". After sending that message, I realized my mistake, and sent another message titled "Brain Damage Alert", explaining my mistake and what I now believed was the only mistake in his writeup, and suggesting how he could simplify his procedure.

I think the author was pissed, based on the tone of the reply I got and on my not receiving a reply to the second message.

Last edited:
Info on OP extraction

UserFrIENDly_6 said:

I don't think you've seen an OP. You need a Mack truck to crush one, and even then, you have just pancaked it.

Also, the "wax" (aka ammonio methacrylate copolymer) in the old OC has been replaced by cured PolyOx, a hydrophilic resin that absorbs water, expanding to a gel twice the original dimensions. oxycodone is bound to polyox, and released by diffusion, erosion, and/or polymer degradation. The latter is the fastest way to release it.

PolyOx dissolves in IPA, so you can use one or more of several methods to degrade it while in a pure IPA solution, which should be continuously agitated. When degraded, it lets go of the oxycodone, which will sediment out.

If you then drain off the solution, the sediment that remains contains oxicodone and a very small amount of remaining excipients, most of which are not water soluble.

It won't get everything, but you may be able to repeat the process of <degradation+agitation, sedimentation,drainage> using the previously drained solution to get more out.

Notes
  1. You must not allow water anywhere near the procedure. The isopropyl alcohol (IPA) must have 0% water. Even 1% will prevent the procedure from working. There is a procedure to prepare pure IPA with nothing more than an oven, high percentage isopropanol, and epsom salts (see note 5).

2. It is a good idea to perform the procedure inside a sealable box, such as one of those large plastic containers made for organizers by Rubbermaid and others. A closed packet of dried epsom salts (see note 5) should be kept inside the box during the procedure to prevent the possibility that humidity in the air could contaminate the procedure.

3. Note that with the second and any subsequent iteration, the quantity of sediment will be very small, and being white, very hard to see. It would help to use a small thin glass with a transparent bottom to hold the solution, with a circle of black paper or plastic glued to it's bottom, for contrast.

4. Recommended degradation method is continuous aeration of polyox solution in IPA while flooded with high intensity ultraviolet. This could be preceded by using a fatty solvent to dissolve the anti-oxidant BHT, but with strong UV light, this should be unnecessary and would just make things far more complicated.

5. Dried epsom salt can be prepared from the epsom salt you can buy at CVS.
    Heat in oven at 500 degrees until the crystals melt and turn into a solid white block. This has driven off all the water that was bound to the crystals. Remove block from oven and crush using vise or some other way. Don't use the kind of plastic pill crusher with triangles, you'll break off the triangles while crushing. Keep the dried salts in an airtight container with no room for air. When ready to use, place desired amount into any kind of bag that can breathe and close to avoid spillage.