Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

Been doing lots of walking, kettlebells n some other exercise videos. But as I've not been so disciplined in the "food" department the weight isn't coming off. Working on it n staying aeay from alcohol which is not a very successful one at mo.

Evey

Going to head in a little later tonight.. the tourney should be winding down. Walk, run, lift legs, chest, and arms tonight. :)

did chest and triceps yesterday. my body feels dead today....but i had so much fun at the gym with friends!!

4 mile walk with my 85 year old mom who still walks as fast as I do. And she smokes!

My workout yesterday was not the best.. just was kinda tired and not my strongest. Oh well good and bad days right.

Walk run and lift legs and biceps are on the menu today.

I lifted for over an hour yesterday and my back hurts, I was focusing on my upper body arms and they barley feel exercised.

YouTube is great for learning proper form. Well executed technique is essential if you don't want to get hurt while weight training.

Sumo deadlifts, overhead presses, lat pulldowns and lateral side raises follows by 20 minutes on the elliptical.

I have been falling off the pace I want to maintain.. but much of the reasons were largely out of my control.

I have been going strong now for like 14 months and need to maintain through this transition. i should hit wen thurs sat sun to finish this week out.

You can do it NSA!

Walked the dog for an 50 minutes before going to work, probably 3 miles (I got short legs, what can I say?). Finally above freezing for a day or two. Poor puppy, when it is too cold or wet he doesn't get exercise.

Another full body workout: sumo dead lifts, overhead presses, lat pull downs, side lateral raises, and dumbbell front raises followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical. Did not want to do it but damn I started feeling really good before it was over.

Getting ready to take the puppy to our 30 acre off-leash dog park; he needs his exercise as well. It will be messy with melting snow but with a good chance for rain all day tomorrow, I have to take him out there today.

Im have been really tied up the last few days.. for sure getting in tomorrow.

Back shoulders run walk

Watching a body and face erode due to abuse is one of the worse things to experience.

I was always a bigger guy and started looking very, very sick and would hate going to family get togethers as they would literally drop what they were saying and tell me how skinny and unhealthy I looked. I was 140lbs in October and never want to get to that state again.

Watching your body transform from exercise and nutrition is the greatest high =D

^I tend to go the other way. Gained weight over the last year but I hate dieting (restricting my foods) so am trying to get back into swimming and walking. I feel so good when I swim that you would think that would be motivation enough but I hate spending the time and can easily talk myself out of it. I wish I could just take off running from my own front door but my joints won't take the pounding anymore.

Watching a body and face erode due to abuse is one of the worse things to experience.

I was always a bigger guy and started looking very, very sick and would hate going to family get togethers as they would literally drop what they were saying and tell me how skinny and unhealthy I looked. I was 140lbs in October and never want to get to that state again.

Watching your body transform from exercise and nutrition is the greatest high =D

I have actually gained weight with all the meds I was taking and getting off them has been my greatest exercise.
Unfortunately though, I feel I'm a thousand miles to think about exercise.
First things first. Went out on a date with my wife first time in 3 months!

You doing great with that erikmen, methadone is a beast. Your wife and kids gotta be psyched! I gained more weight than ever when I was on mmt, but I didn't smoke then and I was a vegetarian, carb city. When I got on suboxone I had no insurance for the first years and it was hurting my wallet, plus with smoking and cannabis I didn't have much left afterwards for essentials like food. But between chain smoking, weed and the klonopins I never felt like eating. I could very easily go all day just eating a dinner and be cool with that. I quit smoking and quit cannabis and never felt better. But I was smoking pot since I was a teen and it was just as much a habit as tobacco in my life. About a month after my detox I started feeling antsy and began lifting again, and now have a daily routine, it gets me high and I'm hooked.

Herbavore- Do you do yoga? Some poses can be hard on the joints but some people can get very much into shape with it. I like it allot, it started in rehab. Power walking is supposed to be the most effective form of cardio.

where do you guys find the motivation to exercise?
I used to be able to now I cant

Under the knife for my shoulder on wednesday now, unfortunately it's pretty fucked. Still, shouldn't be too long before I'm back in the game to a degree.

I slacked on the gym for a few weeks (I went a couple of times but not much), but now I've been back at it every other day for a week and a half. 2 days ago I tweaked my shoulder a bit when doing dumbbell presses, I guess because I raised the weight and it got a little out of control on the way down once. It feels a lot better today, hopefully I'll be good to go back tomorrow. I did take an hour and a half intense hike today so I definitely got more cardio than I get when I go to the gym.

where do you guys find the motivation to exercise?
I used to be able to now I cant

It's always a struggle for me!

@Catinthehat: good luck with the surgery. I hope it all goes well.<3

@ David Wooderson: I have tried yoga in the past and it felt great. I am trying to decide between pilates and yoga (there are adaptive classes around here for people with arthritis). I have an auto-immune that inflames all my joints and I am starting to see that if I do not do something like yoga or tai chi or pilates regularly now that growing older is going to be very limiting. I've always been in great shape for my age--not like a marathon runner or anything but I can hike forever, scramble around on cliffs and climb trees with the best of 'em.=D Lately I have been getting up in the morning and I'm so stiff it takes me an hour to feel normal again. :(

Last edited: