• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

^U bet, anytime :)

Alright.. i'm heading into the gym.. big day today.. chest, legs, arms, a little jog to warm up.. whirlpool. Then cooking up meatball hoagies and salad for dinner. CHARGE!

Ran yesterday and was going to lift biceps.. but it was busy as can be.. so im going to go in today and do the biceps and whirlpool it up.

Now that my PAWS is beginning to break (like tortured waves upon a Rocky and jagged shore) weight training and cardio is a tremendous help to my mood and self esteem. I swear that sometimes after a 3mile hike, I feel like I'm on a super clean opiod(endorphins, duh?) high.

I'm living proof this gets better guys. 7 months of hell and now I'm finally rewarded with not feeling like shit! Learning to appreciate sobriety and health is a big deal.

That post made me smile from ear to ear Azure. Congratulations and amazing work!!!=D

Best buzz on the planet.. pure as it comes right<3

Workout went well today. Totally crushing on this woman who was working out today.. pretty sure i wont be able to resist and will have to make a play.

Thank you NSA.

It is amazing how things come around full circle. Between losing my brother to suicide, losing my job and a sever depression brought on by PAWS in conjunction with the events mentioned, I was lost - even just a few weeks ago I was hopeless. I had my streaks of consistent exercise and yes it did help with energy levels but it has not been until very recently that getting my fit on has been such a substantial help.

However at this point I know without my cardio and weight training efforts, I'd still feel like shit. When my exercise schedule is thrown off track, I can feel myself slipping back to a much less invigorated place. Without that invigoration I lose motivation and focus. I rely on focus and motivation to find my happy place these days.

Right this thread has reminded me to do some sit-ups when I get home =D

I didn't take the whole 'exercise is good for brain!' thing seriously till I started working in a lab and realised the standard for inducing neurogenesis in lab animals is to give them a running wheel :v

Never gave a shit about exercise until going through etizolam withdrawal. It was the only thing that kept me sane during that horrific year of hell. Now I exercise every day for 30-45 minutes. Usually hula-hooping during the week with strength training on the weekends.

I still hate exercise but can't deny how much it helps my mood. %)

If people only knee how important exercise is for recovery it would be a game changer! Yes you have to draaaaag yourself to the bike or walk or hike or whatever! But it produces dopamine in the brain, releases endorphins, and boosts serotonin which are all extremely grounded out during detox and especially the weeks following! Good post and should be brighter and larger and sent to everyone looking for help Xing out of the BS drug game....

Full cardio workout only for today. Muscles hurt on my right shoulder up ti my collar bone.

I didn't take the whole 'exercise is good for brain!' thing seriously till I started working in a lab and realised the standard for inducing neurogenesis in lab animals is to give them a running wheel :v
=D

walked, jogged, and lifted tries, legs, chest yesterday. My back seems to have settled down so I may lift that today.. or I might implement my new core day.. yeah core day. Going to be sore tomorrow.

45 minutes of cardio before work today. Still recovering from Monday's full body workout, so I won't hit the weights again until tomorrow. Now that I'm in my mid 40's pacing myself is just as important as exercising itself.

Walked jogged and did some ab work yesterday.. going to I have been laying off doing any back workouts, but its been awhile so Im going to work back and shoulders today and just try and stay away from that one muscle.

Full body low volume this morning. Squats, bench press, barbell row, and dumbbell curls followed by 20 minutes on elliptical.

I can only spend an hour at gym before work so I'm trying to make my work outs as efficient as possible. However since I am focusing on compound movements and whole body splits I cannot really do super sets

Need to go to the gym soon. Last time I went at it too hard with the running and something in my knee felt like it snapped. Still hurts and it's been a few days. But I will not let this get me down. Excercise is my favorite drug now. I love to sweat and feel the little soreness I get the next day. Plus I need to tan. Been cold as hell here so haven't been out of the house. Tanning makes me feel warm and fuzzy.?

I want to run but it's so cold right now. Tbh that's not even really the excuse. I feel like I'm too fat and I'm scared I'll hurt my knees. After quitting amphetamines I really packed the weight on. At my age I don't lose weight as fast as I used too. So for now I lift weights and do the elliptical and walk on the treadmill (or outside when it's not freezing). But one day I'll run again.

Power cardio today. Back again tomorrow and off sunday sinve thats my flight day for Vegas but i might change my mind and go in the morning.

No workout for me today.. forgot there is a huge tennis and racquet ball tourny going on.. was not even one parking space at the club so I just drove away.. o well.

On the treadmill for an hour. Didn't run but walked fast on a incline. Took the puppy to the dog park later in the day; pretty much a continuous hike for an hour and a half. We have a 30 acre open off-leash area that is one of the only cool things about the place I live.

did cardio and other exercises as well. Going back tomorrow before my flight at 6 pm cause I know I wont be able to go for about a week while on vacay but I did bring my workout clothes just in case I feel gross and feel the need to blast it in the gym!