Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

550 cal per day seems to be so little. Congrats for your willpower!

Haha, no, I meant that I increased my daily calories by 550. I went from 2950/day to 3500/day.

Tonight I did 5x5 on plate-loaded shrugs, T-bar row and weight-belt chin-ups. Then did a couple sets of holds and dips on the rings.

How are you feeling? Will NSAIDs or compression shorts help?

Sore today.. I have been taking the nsaid for a bit no, but want to avoid the negative consequences.

I think it might be a form of tendinitis by the way it acts.

Have been missing a few swimming days of exercises. Routine at work has been tough.
It's usually more difficult to start, when I stop for more than a week or so.

I had a wonderful physical therapy appointment today. I have a knee injury that occurred in May, and refused to heal with rest or mild walking. So I am paying $$$ to have these P.T. sessions. Today, was the second one. And, because I have done my homework, doing my at home routine 5 out of 7 days last week, I have made measurable progress, according to my therapist. She is so knowledgeable and skilled, as well as supportive. I have hope that I may one day be able to resume my 3-5 mile a day walks/hikes.

Walked to the gym and went hard on the cardio, then walked to Wal-Mart and a Mexican market, then back home again. This is after cleaning the house and raking the yard. It feels great to be productive. I'm feeling it today, though. 8o

Swam for over an hour yesterday and felt so good afterwards. Why don't we get addicted to exercise when it hits those reward centers in the brain?

^ I know. Working out feels amazing (afterwards usually) and I can keep up pretty good, but then I start missing days and that's when you get back into a slump. It feels miserable missing days. You have to make yourself get back on the horse though.

i quit coffee and caffeine, exercising really get me through it and now i have like that consistent, smooth energy all day. shout out to workin out. good stuff i say... highly recommend it.

^ tough to quit caffeine! I don't think I could.

.. 1.5 hour swimming, free style - non stop.
Feeling good and hungry! :)

I finally landed a real client whom I will be coaching going forward on her diet and supplementation (she is a novice MMA fighter). She has a very deep social life, so my fingers are crossed that if I can help her, then she can be a good reference for me.

I'm three weeks into now exclusively training for powerlifting. I really need to work on my squat (3-4 days per week squatting [varying rep ranges and movements]...oh the joy...]. The goal is to incense my squat by 100-120lbs in a year. If I can do that, I will be ready to compete next year around this time.

My nagging rotator cuff injury is still nagging, but bench went fine today. I will be happy to get my bench up 25-30lbs in a year, so I am not really risking injury there trying to go too fast.

Did sit-ups, push-ups and ran on the treadmill. Luckily, I felt light as a feather while running because on certain days, it feels like I'm running with a bag of bricks on my back.

Will get back to the Gym tomorrow.
Looking forward to it.
Need to get my routine back.

Today i went for a long swim before work.
I'm already following asleep.
Good night to all! :)

Going back to the gym today. Happy to get back to the routine!

Swimming again after jumping off 80mg oxy per day for cancer about a month ago. I'm trying to just be copacetic with that and not comparing to pre-sickness workouts. And now that I've put that in writing it looks ridiculous!! Why do we have to be so hard on ourselves?

Went to the gym 2 weeks out from the ER, for the first time since July and since over a year for any real training. (I've gone to the gym maybe a total of 2 weeks in the last year.) Hopefully I can keep my motivation this time because I'm weak as FUCK right now.

Just swam earlier and was reminded of why I swim late. Some dial it in parent and her four kids. Next time, moonlight swim for certain.