• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to do three or four hours of hauling brush and stacking trees.. it should be a very substantial workout.

Well I went to the gym today at lunch. I was noticeably weaker, or had less stamina... so even though I feel 90% now after my festival experience, I am clearly still tired. I doubt I lost much strength there because I did a lot of physical activity including carrying shit for long distances. I was sure glad I had taken the time to get in shape when I was at the festival! It made it so much easier, I never got tired once the whole time (except afterwards, oh god).

did only half an hour cardio because I did the other exercises yesterday and dont wanna overdo it. Feel amazing all in all not too tired :)

My energy levels are close to back to normal... I do feel a little weak still, I usually go hard on the elliptical for 15-20 minutes for cardio, and then lift for a half hour or so. Today I did all my lifting, but after 9 minutes on the elliptical I was as tired as I usually am after 15 to 20.

Welcome back evel:)

Alright, I am seeing some of my hard work disappear. Back to the gym four or five times a week. Going to a sports medicine dock about whatever's going on with my shoulder and such as time off has not seemed to do it much good.

Going to walk, run, lift chest and triceps today:)

Lift went well, im kinda sore. Going to do a couple hours of brush hauling today as its sunny and nice out.

Yesterday I thought it was supposed to storm all day so rather than choosing to go hike in a river and climb a waterfall, I got up early and worked out really hard. Then the forecast cleared up and it was a beautiful day so I went to my favorite difficult river hiking/climbing spot and did that for 3 hours. So I ended up getting a LOT of exercise yesterday. Then hung out with friends and for a little while we were doing this thing where we were trying to jump up and grab the upper deck ledge (about 9 feet up I am guessing). I found out I can jump quite a lot higher than my friends, and two of them are a bit taller than me. I was effortlessly jumping and grabbing the ledge and doing pull-ups every time I tried, from a flat-footed, standstill jump. Whereas my friends couldn't get it no matter how hard they tried, from a running jump. They could touch it but not get high enough to grab it. They were almost a little freaked out by how high I was jumping... "I guess white men can jump after all". I guess all the river walking and working out is really paying off. :)

skipping today cause I have to do some stuff for work. Tomorrow for sure I promise!

Bear crawls! That's unique. I've trained kung fu for a number of years and that is one of the regular warm ups. You ever try duck walk or frog jumps?
Neat to see someone else who knows Bear Crawls.

My fitness level is pretty low due to health problems, and bear crawls are one of the best exercises I've found.
One or two the length of my floor warms my system up, and I can also concentrate on getting low into proper form (for functional strength), or do more repetitions for cardio.

The duck walk looks interesting.

-------

Today's "workout" = Walked a couple laps at the park, grocery shopping, and putting-away groceries for 2 separate houses. May do some something like arm circles/breathing tonight.

Cardio plus day 13 of fitness challenge and abs nike workout

Cardio plus day 13 of fitness challenge and abs nike workout
Hey Maya this may be a personal question but are you married? You don't have to answer if u dont want. But your fitness passion impresses me. You must be in killer shape with all your training. If you have a man, is he passionate about fitness too?

Neat to see someone else who knows Bear Crawls.

My fitness level is pretty low due to health problems, and bear crawls are one of the best exercises I've found.
One or two the length of my floor warms my system up, and I can also concentrate on getting low into proper form (for functional strength), or do more repetitions for cardio.

The duck walk looks interesting.

-------

Today's "workout" = Walked a couple laps at the park, grocery shopping, and putting-away groceries for 2 separate houses. May do some something like arm circles/breathing tonight.
Train smarter, not harder! You seem like you have some keen insight into your training, very cool.

I will be hauling trailer loads full of brush and trees, so a good four hour workout is in my future.

Yep its a little to intense, but a really good workout. Cracked out another three and a half hours today and will be at it again tomorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.