Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My legs are soooo sore from running yesterday! I'm even walking funny from it.

Good job doll!

Will go to the gym today before school and work on my cardio again. I felt like I didn't do enough cardio workout last time so will focus again on cardio and some weight training, crunches etc.

I'm walking funny from working out my legs so much 2 days ago, still sore. I've been stretching and they've gotten better.

My back had been hurting really bad, and I realized I sit in a metal flding chair with a folded up large soft towel for the seat cushion and a pillow for back support. So before I worked out, I went to Office Max and bought a $210 chair for $150, which I can do now that I have some extra money again after quitting opiates. It's awesome, my back feels so much more comfortable and the pain is lessening. Today I worked out on machines that actually made my back feel better too from stretching it out. I decided I need to really work on my core until it gets strong because it's probably the main reason by back hurts... I've been getting transient back pain for years.

Just been for a night ride around the city, pushed pretty hard at points but was only an hour ride. Punctured my tub bumping up the kerb by the pub at the end.:X Some might say there's a message in there somewhere.=D

Bummer :( I wish I could ride my bike, but my house is on a mountainside, I could eventually gain the ability to ride back UP, but currently I don't make it far at all so it's not really feasible, nowhere to go but down. And my car won't fit any bike racks. I love riding my bike so much, I used to do it every day for many years but I've lived here for almost 6 years.

Bummer :( I wish I could ride my bike, but my house is on a mountainside, I could eventually gain the ability to ride back UP, but currently I don't make it far at all so it's not really feasible, nowhere to go but down. And my car won't fit any bike racks. I love riding my bike so much, I used to do it every day for many years but I've lived here for almost 6 years.

My place is much the same, its down hill on my road for a short distance and then a big climb either way.

I've not been able to exercise at all this last year due to problems with my left leg, work is now planned to get this fixed by the end of the year and I'm going to need to start an exercise regime to avoid arthritis, I'm sure it would really help with my depression as well.

I was using the gym at work for a while (in recovery from the original injury) and by only doing 20mins a day on the bike and cross trainer I could really tell how much I was improving, I even started to enjoy...some of it :D

I skipped today, give my body time to recover. Yesterday I was doing the inner though press machine, and I was doing 190 pounds pretty easily the first time I ever tried it, which is as much as I have been doing for my quads. I did like 3 sets of 20-30 reps each (30, 25, then 20). Afterwards I noticed that 3 5-pound weights were also attached so it was really 205 pounds. I could have done some more too but I didn't want to start in at the max I could possibly do. So far that's the most weight I've been able to do with any part of my body, which seems weird to me, I'd think my quads would be the most. Then again my natural state is to move my legs a lot even when sitting down, and run short distances and jump a lot. So my legs have always been pretty strong especially considering I don't weigh much for my height.

My inner thighs are quite sore today though, I definitely did as many as I could at the time.

Me? I paint if you're talking to me, and yes I did, in PD somewhere (probably the social thread) and also in the art thread in SO.

Yeah i have been slacking.. lost some strength and endurance.. its all good a couple of days and i will be right back were I was and moving forward.

Whoo, good workout this morning. Check out my leg after 2 weeks, I got in the car and pressed the clutch and I was like, whoa!

meLeg1_zps2e16ab0f.jpg

meLeg2_zpsba05deb5.jpg

Taking it easy on my body today because of the stupid debauchery last Thursday night. The only exercise I will be able to do is walking around Vancity aquarium.

going to hit it hard today.. back at it.. just take an inventory and adjust.. and get back at it.

Trained with bf today. The only prpblem was my right shoulder seems to have some type of uneasiness, I think I remember sleeping on it last night, so i took it easy on the dumbbells today. Hot yoga for tomorrow and im quite excited!! Haven't gone for 4 days now iirc.

It was good to get back at it today.. I lost a bit, but not as much as I thought... so steady as she goes.

I am really looking forward to the rest of spring and summer. this way i can train the way i like as far a hiking and trail running outside and then just do the weights inside.

I hope everyone had a good workout today and feels as good as I do.

I did have a good workout, and I do feel good, though I can't tell if it's as good as you feel or not. :) I love hiking, I am going on a 2 night/3 day backpacking trip with my friend, a Bluelighter who I met on here and we ended up moving to the same town, and now he's my best friend in town. Really looking forward to it, when I just turned 16 I went on a 10-day backpacking trip in the mountains in New Mexico, first time doing it (besides the training beforehand) and it's one of the best experiences of my life still.

I'm rite with you on hiking.. I will be back in the rockies come september.. the universe willing.

Status
Not open for further replies.