• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Ever doubt your own sanity?

Kierkegaard said something like that but he may have been copying one of the old Greek philosophers.
Ahh. Didn't know you're a philosophy man. I likewise have perused various literature. It's good to a point.

I do feel like the word sanity is really more about people conforming mostly. I think the prospect really inhibits people from finding viewpoints that truly are them. And as I'm sure as a lot you are aware, if it hasn't been said (which given BL I expect it has!), that oftentimes really powerful ideas start out as insane by societal standards, then over time can become remarkably popular. It's good for people to agree on things to an extent. I think that real change is an uphill battle, whether trying to better oneself or multiple people.

@ Jerry Atrick I'm sure you know that so many philosophers, the most preceptive ones usually, were cast out in their time, then became super influential in later eras. I guess it's kind of a shame that these people didn't get the acclaim that they deserved while they were on this plane of existence. Their contributions to humanity quite high.

I guess it's finding that middle way, yeah? Like what Siddhartha Gautama Shakya advocated for, among others. It's hard to know just how far to take the opinions of others on one's own opinions. I guess it's largely a guessing game. I think that whatever rings true to a person down to their identity, so long as they aren't hurting anyone, is valid enough.

This world is changing to rapidly. I mean look at all of the developments (was going to say progress, but that may not be true) in the last few hundred years. It is, in a sense insane how much we've changed as a society, even from just a few decades ago. We really have only existed for about 300,000 years, a drop in the bucket of evolution. And more so, became sedentary recently, and yet more recently things are in constant flux. Just a few decades ago things were remarkably different. I suppose it's difficult to keep up with change, given this.

To many days of heavy coke use ill start having a conversation with myself and ill answer m,y own questions once i smoked heroin it stiops am i crazysame with meth

Ahh. Didn't know you're a philosophy man. I likewise have perused various literature. It's good to a point.

I do feel like the word sanity is really more about people conforming mostly. I think the prospect really inhibits people from finding viewpoints that truly are them. And as I'm sure as a lot you are aware, if it hasn't been said (which given BL I expect it has!), that oftentimes really powerful ideas start out as insane by societal standards, then over time can become remarkably popular. It's good for people to agree on things to an extent. I think that real change is an uphill battle, whether trying to better oneself or multiple people.

@ Jerry Atrick I'm sure you know that so many philosophers, the most preceptive ones usually, were cast out in their time, then became super influential in later eras. I guess it's kind of a shame that these people didn't get the acclaim that they deserved while they were on this plane of existence. Their contributions to humanity quite high.

I guess it's finding that middle way, yeah? Like what Siddhartha Gautama Shakya advocated for, among others. It's hard to know just how far to take the opinions of others on one's own opinions. I guess it's largely a guessing game. I think that whatever rings true to a person down to their identity, so long as they aren't hurting anyone, is valid enough.

This world is changing to rapidly. I mean look at all of the developments (was going to say progress, but that may not be true) in the last few hundred years. It is, in a sense insane how much we've changed as a society, even from just a few decades ago. We really have only existed for about 300,000 years, a drop in the bucket of evolution. And more so, became sedentary recently, and yet more recently things are in constant flux. Just a few decades ago things were remarkably different. I suppose it's difficult to keep up with change, given this.
I wouldn't say I'm a philosophy man, I've dabbled in just enough to be able to name drop a couple dudes while rattling off one liners rather than complete principles. I've read a little bit of existentialism but prefer the fiction genre of this particular philosophy. I believe Dostoevsky was considered an existentialist and Camus' The Stranger is a classic. Even Sartre wrote some fiction.

To many days of heavy coke use ill start having a conversation with myself and ill answer m,y own questions once i smoked heroin it stiops am i crazysame with meth
I do that too. I think it’s just cause we’re high and want to talk so if no one’s around we just talk to ourselves

Sometimes I will explain complex thoughts like on how to do things to myself even sober. I’m sure it seems crazy but I’m really just going over my understanding of the thing, sort of how when you teach people a subject you learn it better yourself

I do that too. I think it’s just cause we’re high and want to talk so if no one’s around we just talk to ourselves

Sometimes I will explain complex thoughts like on how to do things to myself even sober. I’m sure it seems crazy but I’m really just going over my understanding of the thing, sort of how when you teach people a subject you learn it better yourself
I do the same when my catering company has a function but im am mostly coked up at the time . My wife would wake up thinking who I'm talking to and come into living room with only me there

I do the same when my catering company has a function but im am mostly coked up at the time . My wife would wake up thinking who I'm talking to and come into living room with only me there
I talk to myself all the time. I'll even do it in public.

To answer question: No I never doubt my own sanity. I'm sure other people probably do but I kinda thrive in chaos. I don't like for other people to get too good of a read on me. I like to throw them off and keep people on their toes. I'm always saying the shit out loud that other people hold inside. Plus I'm up for a lot of stuff so I have a vast wealth of crazy out of the norm experiences to share with a very off beat humor. Im always told I'm nuts in a loving way so I'm sure people general see me at least as somewhat eccentric.

Oh yeah when I’m on speed or coke I entertain the hell out of myself

Remind me to scratch off my to-do list playing scratch-0ff$ on acid next time man

Sanity, who knew. J/k.
Who knows what sanity is.
I guess if there is a difference at least you should know. I'm good, right !

again and forever yes I doubt everything but feel nothing as the intent is blessed. I think. Wtf know, right?
Sanity?
:cheer:
I'm allfuqup, he yeah yeah yeah.
Who's asking?
Got me fuqdup wit somenoe else, obviously.
Wtf is wrong with the laptop... oh maybe proxy hmmm.
Peace

ZXMuanBn

lupaan että kun tulen takaisin pystyn selittämään kaiken tavalla mikä aiheuttaa massiivisien selvitys-inflaasion