• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Ever been to "shakedown street" ?

MedicinalUser247

Bluelighter
Ever been to "shakedown street" ? If you've ever been to a concert. You should know that "shakedown street" is the place where the venders set up out side a concert. It's a cool place to check out. They have stuff like grilled fajitas, tie dye shirts and other stuff. So, have you ever checked it out ?

i thought the parking lot of a dead concert would be my best bet to get some acid in the early 2000s, like 2003 maybe. i got ripped off by three seperate people. lost like 200 bucks... all the tabs i got made me think i had a tolerance to acid, so when i eventually got some from my weed dealer buddy a year or so after the concert, i took way too much and lost my mind for the night. ended up in the hospital. lol.

looked like they had some good food in the parking lot and some cool tie dye and stuff. i remember a lot of people eating chicken off the bone... some one even let me get a hit of some killer bud off a joint and there were people like "i can sell you some good ganja, but no acid". i'm not saying it's impossible to get acid in a place like that now days, but i'm not a good judge of character. lol. one of the tabs i got might've been underdosed, maybe a ten strip was underdosed, but i bought a whole sheet that did absolutely nothing. lol.

i brought some mushrooms to the show myself though and had a really good time. i loved the drums part of the show they did. my friend took some of the fake acid and thought the world was melting. lol. i have no idea sometimes.

MY DAD
cc8d311450bf7f874c103809051a7922.jpg

"phat, kind, veggie, burritos"

I remember taking a friend to his first Dead show. He wanted some acid and after a while browsing Shakedown he said, "Where's the acid?".
I said, "Rick, they don't have tables set up."
So, I started looking for groups of people congregated in wooded areas, shared joints with a few folks, made discrete inquiries.
The first few folks shied away, of course, but we finally got some 'cid. It was nice.

Some years later, nearer to Jerry dying in '95, people did indeed walk around saying, "doses?" A self fulfilling prophecy of the media.
And, yeah, you had to be careful by then. I saw Freon being sold as Nitrous.

Last edited:
Shakedown street was pure when it was not productionized. The small set ups some Dead Heads had trying to get money to go from Nassau col to Providence Civic Center in 1981 was more pure. Cleverness was pure. Drugs were pure (most of the time) And it was done by Deadheads sustaining a tour. Some of them brought out the new fresh batch of acid to distribute for almost free. Later on, after 1990's it got big and a lot of people were there just for that. Selling and money. Then fake drugs and rip offs happened way more.

I have not seen a Shakedown Street since Gathering of the Vibes 2008. I can only hope people are cool and being kind! lol Bring back the genuine Shakedown Street! It is up to all of us! I would love to hear good current stories.

Shakedown street was pure when it was not productionized. The small set ups some Dead Heads had trying to get money to go from Nassau col to Providence Civic Center in 1981 was more pure. Cleverness was pure. Drugs were pure (most of the time) And it was done by Deadheads sustaining a tour. Some of them brought out the new fresh batch of acid to distribute for almost free. Later on, after 1990's it got big and a lot of people were there just for that. Selling and money. Then fake drugs and rip offs happened way more.

I have not seen a Shakedown Street since Gathering of the Vibes 2008. I can only hope people are cool and being kind! lol Bring back the genuine Shakedown Street! It is up to all of us! I would love to hear good current stories.
There's a reason it ended up being called "Shakedown" Street.

Well... Shakedown Street is still around. I can't compare about the purity of it nowadays, but it's still a thing.