• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Euphoria Gone?!

Honestly, that is a really bad Idea. It takes weeks of no SSRIs to make a serious difference, and having tried this, fell into a deep and dark hole.

Enjoy your drugs, but please do not stop taking your medications just to boost your high. While you might have a better roll, you will be paying for it over weeks or months.

That being said, it does sound like you are on the higher side of rx medications. When I decided I wanted to try life without Lexapro, I tapered down over a couple months. After a bit I realized how much more I felt emotions - sad movies would bring me to tears. I really loved that. But... Then I started feeling the depression again, and it got really bad. Worse and worse. As life is full of challenges and the changes were so gradual coming off Lexapro, it was hard to point at Lexapro and say that it was the root cause of my emotional changes. Cutting off multiple medications together would blur things much further.

I was so miserable and desperate so I decided to get back on Lexapro and, after a few weeks, I started feeling much better about life. While I miss tearing up watching sad movies and the heightened bittersweet emotions, the cost was too high.

That was a single medication change over about six months. For you to suddenly stop your meds for days or weeks, I can't imagine how it would affect you but based on what you are prescribed it would most definitely be unpleasant at best and likely extremely dangerous.

Rolling is fun, but no way in hell would I take two weeks off Lexapro for a good roll. Life is hard enough, and I still enjoy my drugs while on Lexapro.

Please be safe and, if you decid to reduce your Rx load, talk to a doctor and do it a single Rx at a time.

Honestly, that is a really bad Idea. It takes weeks of no SSRIs to make a serious difference, and having tried this, fell into a deep and dark hole.

Enjoy your drugs, but please do not stop taking your medications just to boost your high. While you might have a better roll, you will be paying for it over weeks or months.

That being said, it does sound like you are on the higher side of rx medications. When I decided I wanted to try life without Lexapro, I tapered down over a couple months. After a bit I realized how much more I felt emotions - sad movies would bring me to tears. I really loved that. But... Then I started feeling the depression again, and it got really bad. Worse and worse. As life is full of challenges and the changes were so gradual coming off Lexapro, it was hard to point at Lexapro and say that it was the root cause of my emotional changes. Cutting off multiple medications together would blur things much further.

I was so miserable and desperate so I decided to get back on Lexapro and, after a few weeks, I started feeling much better about life. While I miss tearing up watching sad movies and the heightened bittersweet emotions, the cost was too high.

That was a single medication change over about six months. For you to suddenly stop your meds for days or weeks, I can't imagine how it would affect you but based on what you are prescribed it would most definitely be unpleasant at best and likely extremely dangerous.

Rolling is fun, but no way in hell would I take two weeks off Lexapro for a good roll. Life is hard enough, and I still enjoy my drugs while on Lexapro.

Please be safe and, if you decid to reduce your Rx load, talk to a doctor and do it a single Rx at a time.
Excellent point! My concern regarding @Parabolan’s rx’s in preparation for MDMA was the risk of Serotonin Syndrome. That’s why I would think discussing with a Pharmacist or professional would be wise.

Excellent point! My concern regarding @Parabolan’s rx’s in preparation for MDMA was the risk of Serotonin Syndrome. That’s why I would think discussing with a Pharmacist or professional would be wise.

Agreed. To my understanding, it is impossible to tell someone on SSRIs that it is safe to do MDMA. There is an inherent risk of serotonin syndrome, which I have fortunately not experienced.

From my experience, and mine alone, I can say that I'm on 20mg of Lexapro and have rolled plenty of times. Unfortunately now "rolling" just feels like a basic stimulant without the warm and connected undertones. I do miss it, but not so much I'd risk my sanity and happiness. Psychedelics still work perfectly well, it's just MDMA that the Lexapro and seriously dampened.

Plus, everyone is different and can react differently to different drugs and drug combinations. My anecdotal story is just that, and I would not tell anyone that what I'm doing is safe for them.

Agreed. To my understanding, it is impossible to tell someone on SSRIs that it is safe to do MDMA. There is an inherent risk of serotonin syndrome, which I have fortunately not experienced.

From my experience, and mine alone, I can say that I'm on 20mg of Lexapro and have rolled plenty of times. Unfortunately now "rolling" just feels like a basic stimulant without the warm and connected undertones. I do miss it, but not so much I'd risk my sanity and happiness. Psychedelics still work perfectly well, it's just MDMA that the Lexapro and seriously dampened.

Plus, everyone is different and can react differently to different drugs and drug combinations. My anecdotal story is just that, and I would not tell anyone that what I'm doing is safe for them.
Also agreed. And good to hear that you haven’t had any troubles! I’m on the same dose as you. How long did you take when you weaned off? I’m just curious, not planning to myself, but man those body zaps after just a few days is unpleasant to say the least.

Also agreed. And good to hear that you haven’t had any troubles! I’m on the same dose as you. How long did you take when you weaned off? I’m just curious, not planning to myself, but man those body zaps after just a few days is unpleasant to say the least.

I took way longer than needed just to make sure I didn't have discomfort.

2-3 weeks alternating days taking 10mg or 20mg.

2-3 weeks sitting at 10mg

2-3 weeks alternating days taking 5mg or 10mg

2-3 weeks at 5mg

1 month alternating days taking 5mg or none.

Bare in mind these are very rough estimated. I didn't keep a calendar, just did each step for what felt like a few weeks and was in no rush. Kept filling my Rx so had a big supply and veeeerrrryyy sllllooooowwwwllllyyy weaned off.

I didn't feel any withdrawal symptoms.

Just jumping in here.
Didn't know what euphoria was, until 2 nights ago.
Put myself in PW , I stared at the dope, said fuck you, I want my life back now.
Started pounding Buprenorphine.
I faught the devil, for 6 hours.
20 hours later..
I'm smoking weed. Eating, drinking water
And blasting out to JEFF BECK on guitar.
Euphoria...
I found it again

Just jumping in here.
Didn't know what euphoria was, until 2 nights ago.
Put myself in PW , I stared at the dope, said fuck you, I want my life back now.
Started pounding Buprenorphine.
I faught the devil, for 6 hours.
20 hours later..
I'm smoking weed. Eating, drinking water
And blasting out to JEFF BECK on guitar.
Euphoria...
I found it again
Sometimes you just gotta switch things up a little to get back on the cosmic raspberry swirl.

I'm sure they'll still manage that in many cases regardless!
Yes; unfortunately.

But a good psych doctor SHOULD order scans and blood works before deciding to medicate. Because believe it or not, even something as minor as a vitamin deficiency, or something as easily treatable as a thyroid disorder, can cause symptoms of clinical depression. Psychiatrists who care about their patients and remember their medical training will send you for extra checks to rule out various possible conditions.

● Reminder: my prescriptions are Tegretol, Abilify, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, the occasional benzo script, and Dexedrine Spansules.

In medicine you're what we call a complex patient. I don't think you're going to get accurate advice on an HR forum about how to navigate MDMA while you're on so many drugs. You also don't mention doses. For example, people on high doses of Seroquel for bipolar can't just stop them and be normal within a few weeks. A gradual taper is necessary while their mental health is closely monitored. It takes months to work up to the therapeutic dose, and it can take just as long to get off of it without having a mental health crisis.

And that's just one drug. You've listed seven drugs here.

You should not be doing MDMA anytime soon. Seriousy. If you rely on all those drugs to be okay in the world then the last you want to add is MDMA and carpet bomb your neurochemistry. Besides being unsafe, it could also throw you into a psych imbalance that will be hard to figure out.

In medicine you're what we call a complex patient. I don't think you're going to get accurate advice on an HR forum about how to navigate MDMA while you're on so many drugs. You also don't mention doses. For example, people on high doses of Seroquel for bipolar can't just stop them and be normal within a few weeks. A gradual taper is necessary while their mental health is closely monitored. It takes months to work up to the therapeutic dose, and it can take just as long to get off of it without having a mental health crisis.

And that's just one drug. You've listed seven drugs here.

You should not be doing MDMA anytime soon. Seriousy. If you rely on all those drugs to be okay in the world then the last you want to add is MDMA and carpet bomb your neurochemistry. Besides being unsafe, it could also throw you into a psych imbalance that will be hard to figure out.
I know I'm a very complex patient. Maybe I shouldn't roll at all "which is a shame, I have got this killer MDMA that I really wanted to use".

I know I'm a very complex patient. Maybe I shouldn't roll at all "which is a shame, I have got this killer MDMA that I really wanted to use".

Just save it for later until you get more answers or you're on fewer drugs. I honestly don't think this HR forum should be giving you advice on how to take MDMA... not because you don't deserve it but because you're on so many meds. Just my $0.02

Good luck.

Just save it for later until you get more answers or you're on fewer drugs. I honestly don't think this HR forum should be giving you advice on how to take MDMA... not because you don't deserve it but because you're on so many meds. Just my $0.02

Good luck.
Thank you so much!

after awhile dopamine gets shot and no more euphoria. Now doing dope only brings feeling of normal and no anhedonia, which is the new euphoria, ill tkae it

Good luck.
100%

I shared my experience with MDMA and Lexapro and should also clearly state that while on Lexapro I don't enjoy MDMA nearly as much. It just feels like another basic stimulant with a mild roll.

It can be very hard to maintain stability in life. With the medication you are on, you would be taking a huge and dangerous risk stopping the meds and/or throwing MDMA on top of them. I have done so much compulsive shit in my life, getting fucked and paying for it later. It is a hard lesson to learn. Quitting your meds for a single good night just ain't worth it man, and taking MDMA on top of those meds will likely be lackluster.

Do you enjoy hallucinogens? They still hold a great power for me while on Lexapro. As does ketamine. I'd say forget the MDMA and either sit on it or trade it for something else. There are many many other beautiful and magical chemicals out there.

Last edited:
100%

I shared my experience with MDMA and Lexapro and should also clearly state that while on Lexapro I don't enjoy MDMA nearly as much. It just feels like another basic stimulant with a mild roll.

It can be very hard to maintain stability in life. With the medication you are on, you would be taking a huge and dangerous risk stopping the meds and/or throwing MDMA on top of them. I have done so much compulsive shit in my life, getting fucked and paying for it later. It is a hard lesson to learn. Quitting your meds for a single good night just ain't worth it man, and taking MDMA on top of those meds will likely be lackluster.

Do you enjoy hallucinogens? They still hold a great power for me while on Lexapro. As does ketamine. I'd say forget the MDMA and either sit on it or trade it for something else. There are many many other beautiful and magical chemicals out there.
Yes, and I found out that I was in love with Ketamine.

Yes, and I found out that I was in love with Ketamine. have been having a hardcore affair with ketamine for the past year
Apologies for taking things off topic, but I have been having a hardcore affair with ketamine for the past year. I tried it in my early 20s, but recently I've really studied it to an extreme degree. Such a fascinating chemical. Also far safer than MDMA while on SSRIs. Not to say it's perfectly safe, but certainly safer.