• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Euphoria Gone?!

Parabolan

Bluelighter
Hi,

Anyone here who doesn't feel euphoria anymore, or never did, no matter what kinda drug they use? I would like to learn about your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

I don't feel euphoria as strong from drugs as I used to. I believe part of it is that I am on Lexapro. So I used to have super euphoric mdma rolls and get euphoric as heck on Adderall back in the school days, but I also had horrible comedowns. Just a couple examples, but the list of stimulant and/or euphoria inducing chemicals I've injested

Now, at 37 years old and on Lexapro,
I have some euphoria but not as much as I used to. But I also don't have those catastrophicly dreadful comedowns. So.. Kinda worth it? Maybe?

Reminds me of a song...

"Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle with you"

Last edited:
Nothing is as recreational as it was in the beginning. I'm sure I can still catch a nod and feel good if I took enough opiates, and would still feel great for a minute or two after a fat blast of crack, but no with age and enough drug use, I kinda lost that wild euphoria that I got when you were younger, no matter the substance. You might still be able to get it back a little bit, but the circumstances have to be correct, good substance, good environment, good mindset, etc. it's just not as reliable.

For me at least.

I don't feel euphoria as strong from drugs as I used to. I believe part of it is that I am on Lexapro. So I used to have super euphoric mdma rolls and get euphoric as heck on Adderall back in the school days, but I also had horrible comedowns. Just a couple examples, but the list of stimulant and/or euphoria inducing chemicals I've injested

I have some euphoria but not as much as I used to. But I also don't have those catastrophicly dreadful comedowns. So.. Kinda worth it? Maybe?

Reminds me of a song...

Jokers to the right
I'm on Lexapro too and I notice its diminishing effects on lots of drugs, ice and opioids included, but especially on ice.

The thing is that I can't rely on Wellbutrin alone. I neen an SSRI "not just for depression and GAD, Lexapro is actually great for my sex life.

Hi,

Anyone here who doesn't feel euphoria anymore, or never did, no matter what kinda drug they use? I would like to learn about your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

When i think to how strong the effects from the first line of cocaine i ever took where.

Or the first time i ever chased legit heroin on foil.

Compared to now it's just not even really all that enjoyable anymore.

I believe part of it is that I am on Lexapro.

That’s likely. They have a dampening effect on a bunch of different drugs. They’re not like antipsychotics, you can overcome stuff like Lexapro with enough drugs, but they’re definitely an impediment that’s for sure

Nothing is as recreational as it was in the beginning. I'm sure I can still catch a nod and feel good if I took enough opiates, and would still feel great for a minute or two after a fat blast of crack, but no with age and enough drug use, I kinda lost that wild euphoria that I got when you were younger, no matter the substance. You might still be able to get it back a little bit, but the circumstances have to be correct, good substance, good environment, good mindset, etc. it's just not as reliable.

For me at least.

Yeah same

Reminds me of a song...

Jokers to the right
I knew it. It's probably killing my ice /opioid high. The thing is that I can't stay on Wellbutrin alone, I need the Lexapro, and not for depression. It is the only SSRI that doesn't affect my love life, believe it or not.

That’s likely. They have a dampening effect on a bunch of different drugs. They’re not like antipsychotics, you can overcome stuff like Lexapro with enough drugs, but they’re definitely an impediment that’s for sure

Yeah same
I'm scripted Lexapro, Abilify, Tegretol, Wellbutrin, and Seroquel. And I wonder why I don't feel euphoria at all anymore.

The seroquel kills any euphoria from other drugs.
Yeah, I kinda noticed. The problem is that mine is extended release so it's in my system the entire time, in addition to the fact that I just basically cannot sleep without it.

tbh friend, your medicine regime sounds pretty unhealthy/dangerous to me - you sure you need all that?
That's what the psychiatrist put me on. When I told my GP that I felt like I could live without the Tegretol, he referred me to a neurologist who asked for a brain scan and EEG, and was happy with the results. He said he would taper me down to no Tegretol in six months. But then I refused the deal as he told me the law dictated that I hand in my driver's license for those six months! I simply cannot do it!

To answer your question, yes, it would be challenging for me to try and quit some of these prescriptions!

That's what the psychiatrist put me on. When I told my GP that I felt like I could live without the Tegretol, he referred me to a neurologist who asked for a brain scan and EEG, and was happy with the results. He said he would taper me down to no Tegretol in six months. But then I refused the deal as he told me the law dictated that I hand in my driver's license for those six months! I simply cannot do it!

To answer your question, yes, it would be challenging for me to try and quit some of these prescriptions!
Psychiatry as a discipline thinks it's God unfortunately. They are medical-model mental health 'doctors' - what else do/can they do except prescribe drugs?

Reality is we are merely scratching the surface of mental health treatment, yet we often unquestioningly defer to their 'authority' . Don't get me wrong - meds can, and do, help many. Many many more however suffer from their meds and often don't need them, just require environmental and/or lifestyle changes.

I wonder why they sent you for a brain scan - it's not as it mental illness can be detected by one or anything.

Good luck friend

Psychiatry as a discipline thinks it's God unfortunately. They are medical-model mental health 'doctors' - what else do/can they do except prescribe drugs?

Reality is we are merely scratching the surface of mental health treatment, yet we often unquestioningly defer to their 'authority' . Don't get me wrong - meds can, and do, help many. Many many more however suffer from their meds and often don't need them, just require environmental and/or lifestyle changes.

I wonder why they sent you for a brain scan - it's not as it mental illness can be detected by one or anything.

Good luck friend
The brain scan is to make sure I'm not epileptic I believe.

Same here, it’ll never be what it was. Makes me appreciate pushing the limits on the regular back in the day! Also on Lexapro and Lorazepam, and there is correlation certainly. Nonetheless, I remain befuddled and sadly reminiscent when it simply isn’t there after a sizable IV blast. I shouldn’t ever refer to a dose as a blast anymore, because it really isn’t. The effects work regarding the sought intention, she just ain’t what she used to be. And brings a lot more sweating, that I could do without! I had a negatory experience on MDMA in LA 10 years ago or so. Haven’t looked for it since. Extenuating circumstances of a week of heavy partying prior is what created the situation I suspect. Never had anything like that happen before. My bf has never taken any, and everyone should at least once, imo. I have been thinking about getting us some. The difference between now and past ,if there turns out to be any, will be interesting to see. Goal set! ;)

Same here, it’ll never be what it was. Makes me appreciate pushing the limits on the regular back in the day! Also on Lexapro and Lorazepam, and there is correlation certainly. Nonetheless, I remain befuddled and sadly reminiscent when it simply isn’t there after a sizable IV blast. I shouldn’t ever refer to a dose as a blast anymore, because it really isn’t. The effects work regarding the sought intention, she just ain’t what she used to be. And brings a lot more sweating, that I could do without! I had a negatory experience on MDMA in LA 10 years ago or so. Haven’t looked for it since. Extenuating circumstances of a week of heavy partying prior is what created the situation I suspect. Never had anything like that happen before. My bf has never taken any, and everyone should at least once, imo. I have been thinking about getting us some. The difference between now and past ,if there turns out to be any, will be interesting to see. Goal set! ;)
I'm actually planning on rolling this summer. Have this killer MDMA that I don't want to go to waste.

Out of my prescriptions, what should I stop before rolling and by how long?

● Reminder: my prescriptions are Tegretol, Abilify, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, the occasional benzo script, and Dexedrine Spansules.

I'm actually planning on rolling this summer. Have this killer MDMA that I don't want to go to waste.

● Reminder: my prescriptions are Tegretol, Abilify, Seroquel, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, the occasional benzo script, and Dexedrine Spansules.
In all honesty, I’m not sure of the exact time. Definitely do the research. You’ll want to find out the half life of each, taking care to maintain levels to avoid withdrawals and the associated effects. I would suggest talking openly with a pharmacist-not exactly sure how to find one willing to provide the recommendations as their license is potentially on the line. Anonymously would be ideal. That’s an interesting endeavor you have there! I will be incredibly curious about the process and results! Keep me abreast of the developments! Knowledge is power and can be life saving. It’s my favorite. 🤓🫵🧠

By the way, my question above was open for everyone. Here it is again: