• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Erowid/BlueLight Neuropharmacology Text

I hope so.
This is a really well developed idea, as long as he only wanted something that anyone can read easily.

And he did it.
I wish some material like this would be enlarged.<3

Hey, GREAT posts and great information. A lot of it most (i hope) will know from their biology and chemistry classes, but quite a large portion is much more detailed and slightly more advanced than ANY of those basic classes will get into, specifically (and obviously) when it comes to drugs.

Great info, thanks for the posts, it has helped me learn a few extra things and to solidify and clear up my existing questions and knowledge quite a good bit. So thank you for the information, and teaching me a few things.

Now my question: not to be a nagger, but can someone please fix the figures and graphs in the PHARMACOKINETICS section?

I understand it all, it just helps me to see the figures that are supposed to be shown, because it helps solidify my understanding of these things quite a bit

Basically: i "get it", but i'll "get it" permanently if i see the graphs described. The graph and thinking in actual concentrations and saturation is easier for my brain because i can see things mathematically sometimes easier than reading the words, and it translates in my head to the written info if i see how these #s function.

I do a lotta math and #s and graphs and flow graphs and flow figures and charts my brain immediately understands and translates into whats actually happening well in my brain. Sorry for the rant, about this, just kinda explaining it to myself so that the reasoning makes sense to, well, me.

The first post contains great stuff , it also happens that I am interested in neuroscience this period. I have also found this neuroscience page which is a good start for beginners :

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/introb.html

Any more specific info on the neuopharmacology of psychoactive substances(with enough details, analysis and explanation) ? Mostly interested in psychedelics, mdma and antipsychotics. Thanx!
Wikipedia provides some info but it's not explanatory enough.

Btw, http://www.bilz0r.com/Neuropharm-phis text.pdf this pdf doesn't work. Anyone that has another link or that can upload it?

Last edited:
Bilz0r's text is really good: it's accessible like a text for a survey work, but it also contains more specifics to 'bluelight-type interests' than one could expect in a text of that sort.

It needs to be publicized more widely. :)

ebola

Bilz0r's text is really good: it's accessible like a text for a survey work, but it also contains more specifics to 'bluelight-type interests' than one could expect in a text of that sort.

It needs to be publicized more widely. :)

ebola

Exactly
Also mitrogen's last article apo G-protein Coupled Receptors seems rather advanced
Too bad he has stopped posting here?

Is Bilz0r still out there?
According to his profile he seems to log in once in a while, but is only very rarely posting. His factual absence is one of the biggest losses for Bluelight in years (IMHO).

Are there any efforts by Bluelight to continue resp. extend BilZ0r's fantastic work?
... I never received an answer to that question. :( Obviously it was primarily directed to the admins/mods, which may have their reasons not to respond. I guess they simply don't know, as this was BilZ0r's project and he announced his abstence some time agon IIRC.

Hence, let me rephrase the question, now rather adressing the users of this forum: What would be suggested improvements or extensions to BilZ0r's text? Which topics does the crowd wish to read most?

Last edited:
Cool topic.. learned this all my freshman year of school.

BilZ0r...awesome writeup man. Coming from a neuropharmacology bkgrnd myself I have to say thats some good shit.

I wish I could see it! It is not loading, can you upload it to a different site?

What an impressive project! Is this an ongoing work? In any case, very nice job, everyone. :)

Looks interesting, thanks to everyone involved in this.

Link in first post is dead and the OP last logged in 5 months ago, maybe a mod could update it with the link above?

to blizor and everyone.. two words.. THANK YOU. coming from someone who got back into school. a potential great new resource/always new ways and formats to learn/BL is the perspective. thanks.

Thank you to everyone involved in this project. I had been searching for a while for something exactly like this, and was about to post a thread. So glad I saw the sticky first. This is a really valuable and accessible resource - great work, thanks again.

I think we should carry this on. Write a full text exploring organic chemistry, and make this one chapter. Perhaps release it free to the internet to educate?

Both the original source and the imageshack one seems to be down.
Could anyone upload it anywhere?

Thanks in advance,
Ifeedonsouls

Both the original source and the imageshack one seems to be down.
Could anyone upload it anywhere?

Thanks in advance,
Ifeedonsouls

Hmm strange, I'll make sure sekio knows the imageshack link isn't working. In the meantime you can access the text by clicking through the links in the original post on this thread.