• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ego Games and Social Aspects of Psychedelics

holy spirit being the concept of an intent of which all manifestations are not contradictory to the initial intent. (and remember the cycles of cause and effect never end and there is no way for you to know exactly how you influence the world unseen to you. other intentions that come from another 'spirit' are going to be flawed in that, conceptually, they will somehow contradict themselves as the actions and thoughts that come from them play out in the world)

what that definition implies is beyond words, but it is the same holy spirit discussed in the bible (though religion tends to skiew it as much as physically possible). its a very backwards thing as far as logic goes, in a knowledge comming only after the test kind of way. this might add to the confusion in written texts, because people that pick up on the descriptions are people who already have expereinced it and to everyone else the descriptions just sound cryptic (and they are symbols for things that occur in the world of metaphor and concept).

but the feeling you described happened to me verbatim right before i made the desision to try and 'trick reality' which led to revelations and the receiving of holy spirit (though i would usually only call it that to someone who knows what im talking about, my mistake).

i didnt "find religion". rather i found that everything we do is our religion because all of our thoughts and actions go to play in the cosmic justification of what satisfaction we get out of this life. a ritual of sorts for the sanctity of the things we influence. every thought a prayer (though there are more ways to communicate with reality than thinking, your actions can also be asking for things/ acknowledging things/ watching the mirror that reflects onto everything that is truth [the completion of logic that would otherwise be a never ending question, a neverending thought, whos reason behind making logic is itself illogical]). synchronicity dosnt play as big a role in your life as it (probably) should until you work for synchronicity. things do connect in a magical way that is totally mindblowing once you get the eyes for it.

Last edited:
So then I have to ask: How do you respond to witnessing such superficial behavior?

When your under the influence its more than obvious but how do you act when you come back down?

Just not take anything seriously?

you be wise, and responsible. you have wisdom and knowledge, how do you use it? it will abandon you if you use it for yourself. help these superficial people grow, show them by your leadership their ways. become the question of their minds so they will prioritize your thoughts, then share your wisdom with them when they finally seek a way out of their whatever (superficiallness in this case).

your actions when you come back down are like numbers in an equation. you could memorize two plus two is four and regurgitate it, or you could learn how to add and know the answer to all the problems. a better question to ask is what do you intend to do, or by what do you now value with this new knowledge, what is in your heart. because the actions fall into place in the way they should according to the intent, and the actions might not all be the same because no situation is the same. one time the heart may have you act one way, the other, another. <3<3=D<3<3

Thank goodness for DXM. The veil dissipated, and stayed gone. :] I don't trouble myself with most all people, no point.. all headache at some nonsense. And I thought I was anti-social before I ran into psychedelics.. LOL.

I've very familiar with this topic and I've taken a heavy interest to it ever since I started getting into psychs....

However, one thing I haven't fully been able to understand to people is the how and why people interact with each so superficially...

I think everyone here knows what I'm talking about: That revelation when I sit down and suddenly the societal veil is lifted and human interaction becomes nothing more than a corrupt ego/power struggle.

Unfortunately, as everyone also seems to know, as I gradually come down social reality begins to fall right back into place and I'm left with that nagging question of what the fuck happened and how come I don't see people like I just was when I was high?

What is it that I see that makes human interaction so fucked up????

I know the obvious general answer of ego games, people care about what others think, and fear but I mean more specficially....Like why is it when I'm sitting in an LSD afterglow that I see how hollow cultural values are? How does that happen and what is it that is making me see it?

Huxley said: "It allows you to see past what is biologically and socially useful"

What bothers me most about this problem is that I always fall right back into routine and that I always come down...Sorry if this question is ambiguous but its hard to ask

The answer is probably harder to see than to ask. The only strife and disharmony that exist in my world is of my own creation. So I try not to bitch about it, and more importantly, I don't blame others for creating it.

I've very familiar with this topic and I've taken a heavy interest to it ever since I started getting into psychs....

However, one thing I haven't fully been able to understand to people is the how and why people interact with each so superficially...

I think everyone here knows what I'm talking about: That revelation when one sits down and suddenly the societal veil is lifted and human interaction becomes nothing more than a corrupt ego/power struggle.

Unfortunately, as everyone also seems to know, as you gradually come down social reality begins to fall right back into place and you're left with that nagging question of what the fuck happened and how come I don't see people like I just was when I was high?

What is it that we see that makes human interaction so fucked up????

I know the obvious general answer of ego games, people care about what others think, and fear but I mean more specficially....Like why is it when you're sitting in an LSD afterglow that you see how hollow cultural values are? How does that happen and what is it that is making us see it?

Huxley said: "It allows you to see past what is biologically and socially useful"

What bothers me most about this problem is that you always fall right back into routine and that you always come down...Sorry if this question is ambiguous but its hard to ask

when tripping i udnerstand the mindset of leary and the whole idea of the counter culture makes an unbelievable amount of sense 2 me-watching some of his videos put me in a trance. when i come down, however, it is ALMOST exactly as you say-society begins to make sense again and i go back 2 normal
however i still understand the idea of that culture however it doesnt fill me with that revolutionary feel or anything.

i know ur talking about a kinda differerent thing whihc i hav also experienced but i really dunno how 2 explain it either lol- i connect on the same level 2 tripping people toa degree, but definantly sober ppl are a bitch 2 talk 2.

maybe its that we sub conciously feel the need 2 maintain (if not incresse) our social standings so we must act this way, particularly if those around us are the competitive or dickhead type.

when tripping i udnerstand the mindset of leary and the whole idea of the counter culture makes an unbelievable amount of sense 2 me-watching some of his videos put me in a trance. when i come down, however, it is ALMOST exactly as you say-society begins to make sense again and i go back 2 normal
however i still understand the idea of that culture however it doesnt fill me with that revolutionary feel or anything.

i know ur talking about a kinda differerent thing whihc i hav also experienced but i really dunno how 2 explain it either lol- i connect on the same level 2 tripping people toa degree, but definantly sober ppl are a bitch 2 talk 2.

maybe its that we sub conciously feel the need 2 maintain (if not incresse) our social standings so we must act this way, particularly if those around us are the competitive or dickhead type.

perhaps it has something to do with time...but i can't seem to fully understand exactly why all of our concerns simply melt away...maybe the mind is just too busy processing other information that the trivial stuff which we normally take seriously becomes exposed for what it is

Check this out:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/9470/Lisa.html

It's a reprint of a 1967 pamphlet about using LSD in groups and it deals with these topics. It's called "Session Games People Play: A Manual for the Use of LSD)"

While personally I believe the best way to use psychedelics is to throw out the fucking manual ;) there is a lot of interesting shit in this little document.

great link

I think that in order to bring your "realisations" from the psychedelic experience outward & into the real world you'll probably need to use some sort of contemplative technique whilst sober. I'm told that meditation practice, amongst other real world practices can, with patience & dedication, allow one to "see more clearly". I have it on what I consider good authority that such methods can & do work.

Accessing the deep mindstate that LSD etc can provide isn't sustainable in the longer term by continuously eating LSD. You need to find another way. Psychedelics can open doors but it is you who must choose whether to walk through them or not

Couldn't hurt to try it anyway I wouldn't have thought.

Regarding society in general & "other people" well I'd forget about those as much as you can, if you want to change anything or anyone the start point is generally yourself :)

This is a great post. This man says much worth considering. I too believe that this mind state can be brought to permanence by realizing the habitual nature of all 'states of mind'.

Keep asking 'how?' and 'why?' and continually look for the part that you yourself play. And act accordingly.