• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric [Ego-Death Subthread] Permanent / Irrecoverable Ego Loss

I will admit that it is entirely possible for another person to help guide one on their spiritual path. I just hope that no one would claim to hold the entire answer. The answer lies within yourself and transcends language. An intimate, personal understanding is all that you can hope for. Each of these people, these "sadgurus", led a life of struggle and ultimate personal understanding. You can do the same without resorting to blindly following another about.

Perhaps these people would be better described as wise teachers. That, I can buy.

And the length of time ago that a person existed has no bearing on their validity as a spiritual leader.

Xorkoth said:
I will admit that it is entirely possible for another person to help guide one on their spiritual path. I just hope that no one would claim to hold the entire answer. The answer lies within yourself and transcends language. An intimate, personal understanding is all that you can hope for. Each of these people, these "sadgurus", led a life of struggle and ultimate personal understanding. You can do the same without resorting to blindly following another about.

you are absolutely correct, although your still not understanding the functioning of the satguru. within society, he's all we have. meher baba had to be silent for 40 years to hold this power, do you think we can all do this and survive? we have built the ego and it is now time to see past it, he is , whether it be subconscious or not.

No. Nor do I think we need to. Our purpose here in this iteration of life is to live as a successful human being and find, feel and spread as much love as we can while we're here, but ulltimately, it is to experience. Simply to experience at all. While it is important to understand that the ego is not all that we are, that it is in fact the limiting factor on who we really are, I think it's important to reach a balance where we realize this to the extent that we can most effectively perform our purpose in life, while still performing that purpose. I'm not sure if sitting in silence for 40 years is really a worthwhile pursuit of our time in this particular location in the multidimensional universe.

I agree that the majority of society is in desperate need of an understanding of the ego, its function, and who we truly are. Maybe for them, such a teacher would be quite beneficial. But surely an enlightened individual can do perfectly well for him or herself without wasting the time we have here thinking about nothing other than ego loss. We've got egoes for a reason. it's so that the universal consciousness can experience itself subjectively in every conceivable way.

here's food for thought. Being enlightened as to what the ego's function really is and what we really are at a higher level is one way to subjectively experience life. So is sitting quietly removing oneself from their ego for 40 years. But then, so is walking through life having no idea of any of this, exercising the ego at every opportunity. So is being an animal, existing only to survive and procreate.

Maybe we're not all enlightened because we're not all supposed to be? If we were, then who we really are could not experience itself in every possible way. Remember, there's nothing wrong with being an average, unaware individual. They're fulfilling their purposes as much as you or I. That purpose is to experience.

No. Nor do I think we need to. Our purpose here in this iteration of life is to live as a successful human being and find, feel and spread as much love as we can while we're here, but ulltimately, it is to experience. Simply to experience at all.

more food.

i agree with you on your thoughts about the ego. but you are still not grasping what i mean by 'satguru'. we are not limited to this frequency of ego-based consciousness. there are different levels of ego-based consciousness we can experience. and this is where we are going, those who don't sit silently for 40 years. meher baba was named "God-man" because of this, the 40 years of silence allowed him to access god consciousness and transcend that of ego-based consciousness, to help the ego move on to the next level.

consciousness is evolving, we are moving on. satguru's are incarnations of god, they lead existence through evolution.

fuck. are you guys done trying to pick my brain apart? :)

I can accept that as a possibility. But it may be wishful thinking to believe that we as a race are ready to move on to another stage of awareness. But it's a nice thought.

satguru's are incarnations of god

As are we all.

As are we all.

my bad - i agree. how do i say this?

satguru's are direct incarnations of god-consciousness..

we are, but further down the food chain.......

Last edited:
it get's really intense as a snake sheds it's skin.
we are best to be rocks and trees,
and then let the breeze scatter the remains as it may please.

Nothing wrong with having an ego. It's what we living things are supposed to have. For whatever reason, we're here, and experience and emotion is our objective, which our egoes provide. But one must be mindful that the ego is just an ego, and reach a balance between the universal self and the physical self.

One must also understand that the ego is actually a collection of personalities or layers, and by stepping back to view their interactions with one another one can observe how their behavior patterns have come to be. Then one can work to eliminate the negative ones and become a better and more conscious person.

One must also understand that the ego is actually a collection of personalities or layers, and by stepping back to view their interactions with one another one can observe how their behavior patterns have come to be. Then one can work to eliminate the negative ones and become a better and more conscious person.

Yeah this is pretty much what I attempt to do at times.

Xorkoth said:
Nothing wrong with having an ego. It's what we living things are supposed to have. For whatever reason, we're here, and experience and emotion is our objective, which our egoes provide. But one must be mindful that the ego is just an ego, and reach a balance between the universal self and the physical self.

i enjoy having an ego, interacting with the environment and friends, etc. im still searching for that 'other' environment though, which requires me to try to dissolve this ego.

Do not try MT it should occur naturally the act of trying is an egotistical act in itself do you not think ?

i almost didn't put that try in! im serious!

yes, just 'be aware'

argh im so ignorant now i cant believe it

me me me, I, I, I, mine me mine, sure's lots of 'selves' round here for a thread on getting, um, past it all?

it's working
people are understanding eachother
a new idea is hatching.
me me me 2 2 2 2
the sequence of selves movie.

Medatripper Tates said:
i almost didn't put that try in! im serious!

yes, just 'be aware'

argh im so ignorant now i cant believe it

One learns slowly through experience and observation. That's what this forum is here for. Don't feel bad. At least you're not one of the multitudes that believes the self is all there is, and that nothing exists after death.

Or even worse, than "you" still exist as "you" after death, in some judgemental state of heaven or hell for eternity.

satguru makes us aware of our evolution....

You don't know where my awareness comes from. Really.

call this all bullshit and call me a wise crack delusional madman

Nope. I don't think you're a madman. You seem more like billions of other Hindus and Christians and Muslims and some Buddhists too who are are so infatuated by what inspires them they seem to think its the universal source of all inspiration. I'm still glad to hear your source of inspiration works for you though. :)

Dexhead said:
I am forevor paranoid and cannot stand going to the store where it is crowded. i get nervous around people i dont know and i shake sometimes due to nervousness. Fuckin hallucinogens man.

funny i used hallucinogens to releive me of my irrational fears