• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Effects of taking DMT multiple times a day?

drgluckenstein

Greenlighter
My bf has been doing this for ~ a week since he and his friend made some. I'm kinda concerned. I know he's not breaking through each time, but it's enough to get a good effect from, he says. Worried in particular about serotonin syndrome. He was getting headaches and having muscle spasms a few days ago. I tried to tell him about it. He's been doing it at least 3 times a day, from what I've seen.
I tried it once. It worked immediately and really well. For reasons, I probably won't be taking it again for a while. I know it was all I wanted the next day and made the rest of my life feel so bland and miserable.

Yea this is definitely overuse. There shouldn’t be much risk of serotonin syndrome (unless other drugs mixed in) but mentally it’s not good for the soul.

I find it interesting both yourself and him apparently seem to find life boring and bland without it, I think that needs exploring. That’s a sign. These drugs try to speak to us in ways, whether it’s our own subconscious or the drugs themselves, but either way in this case I’d listen.

That said, you seem to have a healthier handle on your drug use than your bf.

There’s a term veteran DMT users use which is called a “hyperslap.” It’s when you do something that disrespects the DMT space and you pay dearly for it. Often with seemingly endless existential pain.

This can occur a number of ways but the number one way is by over use in a manner your bf is using. In the beginning the entities accept you with open arms but enough times in and they start to tell you in stronger and stronger terms to take some time away.

He doesn’t really want to figure it out the hard way.

-GC

no real risk of serotonin syndrome, as far as psychological effects, yeah, I wouldn't. Man might transcend the space-time continuum anytime now

I mean, I don't know if this has anything to do with a hyperslap, but I had to leave him for now, or for how long, I'm uncertain. The drug abuse is all tied in with greater issues, it seems. There's really nothing I can do for him at this point. He doesn't think he needs any help.The last thing I want to do is leave him there like that, but I have my reasons. I'll keep communication optional, at least. Again, I was definitely worried about the serotonin situation because of the headache, muscle weakness/spasms he was experiencing.
He believes he so transcended, but the way he lives and treats those around him tells me otherwise.
Sorry to get personal, but I believe these are real events/effects tied in together.

I’m so sorry to hear but it sounds like for now this is probably the right decision.

For sake of documentation and to possibly dissuade others from this kind of use, what personality changes have you seen? In what ways does he feel he has transcended?

-GC

Well, he was that way before the excessive DMT use. Before I met him, years ago, he had taken it a couple of times, I believe. He uses marijuana heavily and has a high tolerance to it. Also has used most other common drugs one could think of, shrooms, LSD, coke, we took x together once, etc. as well as some other uncommon ones.
He really just seems to think that he has everything right and knows exactly what other people should do. I mean, even if he is right, nothing will come of it if he's boastful. He's right about some things, sure, but he seems to think that his level of thinking is above everyone else. His life is chaos. Can't keep a job. House is a mess. Animals are not well taken care of. The problem is obscure to me. It seems he is not well grounded, which is okay, but not so if you are trying to create a livable family system. He's totally *elsewhere*, but somehow able to believe he can see everything I'm doing wrong (which is like, 99% of things, lol).
If I responded to something he said or did in a way he didn't like, he'd do this thing where he'd try to get me to admit to something, act like we're doing better, and then drop down into it again, like I'm still not doing what he wants. Going over and over the same things that should have a much simpler solution, adding more stress and thus making the problem more and more difficult to resolve. I end up admitting to things I'm not even doing, just because he can't/won't perceive any other expression of life other than the way he lives. He's unable to see his role in things. I can't continue to play into the cycle with appeasements. I always feel so confused during these times.
I have a theory it may be classic narcissism, though, and the drugs are part of the continual pleasure & ego seeking. I do think, though, that by doing drugs, he is continuing to push away an accurate sense of things, getting himself farther and farther from his body and home life.
I mean, I'm not perfect. My home life was questionable at times. I suffered with immense, all-encompassing panic attacks, anxiety, low self-worth and self harm from the age of 6 (somehow). I get that I can be oversensitive, but I also understand what I need and when and environment is too inhospitable toward me. Honestly, I get to a point with everything where I just snap. I can't take it anymore. I think in relationships, the partners are supposed to be uplifting each other, not glossing over wrongs, but being supportive and understanding.
I don't think DMT will effect everyone this way. I think this is a somewhat unique case.
/end

Omg sorry for the length of this.
Tl;dr - Drug use comes from other, inner issues, that go external, and create a cycle, and the man (and I) need therapy. His ego continues to inflate for partially known reasons.

Well, he was that way before the excessive DMT use. Before I met him, years ago, he had taken it a couple of times, I believe. He uses marijuana heavily and has a high tolerance to it. Also has used most other common drugs one could think of, shrooms, LSD, coke, we took x together once, etc. as well as some other uncommon ones.
He really just seems to think that he has everything right and knows exactly what other people should do. I mean, even if he is right, nothing will come of it if he's boastful. He's right about some things, sure, but he seems to think that his level of thinking is above everyone else. His life is chaos. Can't keep a job. House is a mess. Animals are not well taken care of. The problem is obscure to me. It seems he is not well grounded, which is okay, but not so if you are trying to create a livable family system. He's totally *elsewhere*, but somehow able to believe he can see everything I'm doing wrong (which is like, 99% of things, lol).
If I responded to something he said or did in a way he didn't like, he'd do this thing where he'd try to get me to admit to something, act like we're doing better, and then drop down into it again, like I'm still not doing what he wants. Going over and over the same things that should have a much simpler solution, adding more stress and thus making the problem more and more difficult to resolve. I end up admitting to things I'm not even doing, just because he can't/won't perceive any other expression of life other than the way he lives. He's unable to see his role in things. I can't continue to play into the cycle with appeasements. I always feel so confused during these times.
I have a theory it may be classic narcissism, though, and the drugs are part of the continual pleasure & ego seeking. I do think, though, that by doing drugs, he is continuing to push away an accurate sense of things, getting himself farther and farther from his body and home life.
I mean, I'm not perfect. My home life was questionable at times. I suffered with immense, all-encompassing panic attacks, anxiety, low self-worth and self harm from the age of 6 (somehow). I get that I can be oversensitive, but I also understand what I need and when and environment is too inhospitable toward me. Honestly, I get to a point with everything where I just snap. I can't take it anymore. I think in relationships, the partners are supposed to be uplifting each other, not glossing over wrongs, but being supportive and understanding.
I don't think DMT will effect everyone this way. I think this is a somewhat unique case.
/end

Omg sorry for the length of this.
Tl;dr - Drug use comes from other, inner issues, that go external, and create a cycle, and the man (and I) need therapy. His ego continues to inflate for partially known reasons.

Thank you so much for the additional information. Yea this sounds like a classic case of narcissism.

I myself have used quite a bit of DMT, not to that extent, but I’m well acquainted with the drug. For me it produced opposite feelings, where I felt I needed to correct things in my life and motivation to do so. I also treat DMT with the respect it deserves, I feel it’s more than just a drug and far more than our human minds can understand.

I remember many trips feeling I needed to spend more time with the dog, feeling I needed to better myself not only for me but for those close to me, so it’s always fascinating to watch it have the complete opposite effect on others.

Whatever the case I think you made the right call to break that off, sounds like you were walking on eggshells and constantly trying to appease his seemingly fragile ego.

-GC

so he has arbitrary rules that serve purpose of carrying ego?
sounds like OCPD
there is tapatalk forum for that stuff which is one of the best internet sources for any information regarding it. I have account there. check also "my life in debris". ICD-10 and DSM-V stuff I found rather unsatisfactory. Professional evaluation would be best but he is not apparently willing to co-operate for that.

If I am right, I am sorry. It sucks and I suffer of it every day.
Good news is it is treatable, but pretty fucking hard. But it doesn't mean intrinsically complete lack of empathy as in narcissism.
If other things are kept 'rekt, I found reasonable psychedelic use helping with condition, but only so much. And I can't particularly recommend it in early phases of gaining awareness, shit's rough.

you can PM me if you feel like it.

OCPD...Hm, I'm going to look into that again. He does get really hung up on things going the way he wants, and is *really* into what hobbies he does have. I might do some research. I appreciate that suggestion.

My bf has been doing this for ~ a week since he and his friend made some. I'm kinda concerned. I know he's not breaking through each time, but it's enough to get a good effect from, he says. Worried in particular about serotonin syndrome. He was getting headaches and having muscle spasms a few days ago. I tried to tell him about it. He's been doing it at least 3 times a day, from what I've seen.
I tried it once. It worked immediately and really well. For reasons, I probably won't be taking it again for a while. I know it was all I wanted the next day and made the rest of my life feel so bland and miserable.

Let him have his fun, dmt is not addictive or dangerous at all.
You cant get serotonin syndrome from it, if he was doing Ayahuasca or similar while on ssrinor mdma then it would be a different thing of course.

Sure if he keeps smoalking daily he could probably become a bit ungrounded temporary.
But ive never met anyone who got stuck in a dmt binge and had issues stopping.
He is obviously exploring a new and exciting space of mind.

Just be supportive and try to not create the illogical fear response.
Or are you jealous he would rather hang out with space elfs instead of you?

becoming ungrounded from reality and losing track of life and what is real and unreal. Powerful things like this should not be abused. Taking psychedelics too much leads to overall general craziness eventually
What is reality though?

I am convinced psychedelic mind space is not superior or anything, only different. If you are schmug, you can still be one in any drug. And any drug can be used as intermediate of addictive behaviour.

There's an interesting report of somebody with a DMT addiction on Erowid. He did many DMT trips and ultimately the entities came against him. Got visions of thugs and police etc. huting him and came back to this reality with a tooth missing.

Yea that one is a trip for sure, he can’t even find the tooth either as I recall. May have swallowed it, or the DMT fairies teamed up with the tooth fairy to pull a tooth heist. These are not toys.

-GC

I am convinced psychedelic mind space is not superior or anything, only different. If you are schmug, you can still be one in any drug. And any drug can be used as intermediate of addictive behaviour.
Agree with this, its usually noobs who get this Jesus complex where they think that if people in power just tripped they would stop being scumbags.

Psychedelics may help you accept your nature and personality.
But the problem is that most people have this Disney movie sense of reality.

Most people arent good or bad really, alot of us have light and darkness in us.
A good man is def not a weak cuck that always turns the other cheek etc.

Actually that kind of naive kindness is very dangerous for people around them.

A good man is ruthless and ready to burn down the entire house if someone is threatening them or their loved ones.
Whereas a weak and bad man is someone who is dependent on the system saving them from whatever is the current boogeyman.

There’s a term veteran DMT users use which is called a “hyperslap.” It’s when you do something that disrespects the DMT space and you pay dearly for it. Often with seemingly endless existential pain.

This can occur a number of ways but the number one way is by over use in a manner your bf is using. In the beginning the entities accept you with open arms but enough times in and they start to tell you in stronger and stronger terms to take some time away.
Yes, this happened to me. I started using DMT way too much, at the peak of my use I was smoking it 2 or 3 times per day in a recreational fashion.

The jovial entities started to seem surprised to see me, like they weren't expecting me. Then they straight up became unwelcoming. "Why are you here again?", "What are you doing here??". They weren't laughing anymore.

The trips started to turn bad, like I was dying or killing my mind. Not like ego death, more negative. I also started seeing macabre imagery, one time an entity presented itself as a skeleton.

Then I had my psychosis a few weeks later. While I mostly blame other psychedelics for causing it, I often wonder if the entities were trying to warn me. I may never know.

Yes, this happened to me. I started using DMT way too much, at the peak of my use I was smoking it 2 or 3 times per day in a recreational fashion.

The jovial entities started to seem surprised to see me, like they weren't expecting me. Then they straight up became unwelcoming. "Why are you here again?", "What are you doing here??". They weren't laughing anymore.

The trips started to turn bad, like I was dying or killing my mind. Not like ego death, more negative. I also started seeing macabre imagery, one time an entity presented itself as a skeleton.

Then I had my psychosis a few weeks later. While I mostly blame other psychedelics for causing it, I often wonder if the entities were trying to warn me. I may never know.

This story is all too familiar. I know since then your psychedelic use hasn’t been the same, but I’m curious if you’ve had even a single positive experience since then (if any..)? I wonder if they ever allow people back.

-GC

This story is all too familiar. I know since then your psychedelic use hasn’t been the same, but I’m curious if you’ve had even a single positive experience since then (if any..)? I wonder if they ever allow people back.

-GC
I have. I used LSD probably a dozen times after that and enjoyed all of it, after about an 18 month hiatus from tripping. Hard for me not to like LSD tho ;)

I have not used any tryptamines or anything else. A little more wary of those now.