• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Effects of mixing Hydrocodone with oral Morphine

Kaldius

Bluelighter
I have a question about something, I understand that morphine has a higher or stronger binding affinity at the receptor sites than hydrocodone which are weaker. Now lets say one takes a good dose of hydrocodone and then after its taken effect a good dose of morphine. Would the morphine override the hydrocodone and cancel out its effects due to its binding affinity? Could someone please explain to me how it works if it maybe just mixes the high for the better? And what if its the other way around if the morphine is taken first and then hydrocodone can they work together or does one cancel out the other?

I am asking because I did something like this and I'm not really feeling the hydrocodone of which I took a fairly large dose, and a largish dose of morphine too.

Thanks!

I have a question about something, I understand that morphine has a higher or stronger binding affinity at the receptor sites than hydrocodone which are weaker. Now lets say one takes a good dose of hydrocodone and then after its taken effect a good dose of morphine. Would the morphine override the hydrocodone and cancel out its effects due to its binding affinity? Could someone please explain to me how it works if it maybe just mixes the high for the better? And what if its the other way around if the morphine is taken first and then hydrocodone can they work together or does one cancel out the other?

I am asking because I did something like this and I'm not really feeling the hydrocodone of which I took a fairly large dose, and a largish dose of morphine too.

Thanks!

Hydrocodone oral is 1:1 meaning Hydrocodone oral is the same as morphine mg per mg .

Hydrocodone oral is 1:1 meaning Hydrocodone oral is the same as morphine mg per mg .

I am talking about its binding affinity to some of the opoid receptor sites is 10:1 not its potency. Can someone weigh in who understands these things and how they would interact?

Last edited:
I am talking about its binding affinity to some of the opoid receptor sites is 10:1 not its potency. Can someone weigh in who understands these things and how they would interact?

Well i'm no pro ,but have taken morphine with hydrocodone a million times , and I personally think hydro is stronger . I have personally never heard of morphine being stronger at any opiate receptor site kapa or MU then hydrocodone infact I have some research proven otherwise . I have since graduated from Morphine and hydrocodone to much much stronger opiates .

My body seems to break down morphine quite well, & I have mixed both, & for me, the hydrocodone gives me some energy that the morphine sedates me too much.

Morphine is 1:1 orally vs hydrocodone, but for me, 20mgs of morphine is stronger than 20mgs of hydrcodone.

Definitely like mixing the two.......

This is false, don't take this as a serious post.

If you did, you'd end up ODing without a tolerance if you took the same amount of hydrocodone as you do with morphine. [possibly]

Since oxy is 1:7.5 to morphine, I'd say hydro is 1:5 maybe 6. [mg for mg]

Alright but to clarify my question, since morphine binds about 10 times tighter to the opiate receptors than hydrocodone, will it block hydrocodone from entering the receptor sites simular to the way suboxone blocks heroin or any opiate with a weaker affinity (not potency)? Am I getting the effect of the hydrocodone at all or is the morphine blocking it?

If you did, you'd end up ODing without a tolerance if you took the same amount of hydrocodone as you do with morphine. [possibly]

I think the reason most sites state hydro is 1:1 with oral morphine is because not many peoples body's can break down morphine as well.

Morphine IMO/IME is definitely stronger tho, but that's just me.......

Alright but to clarify my question, since morphine binds about 10 times tighter to the opiate receptors than hydrocodone, will it block hydrocodone from entering the receptor sites simular to the way suboxone blocks heroin or any opiate with a weaker binding? Am I getting the effect of the hydrocodone at all or is the morphine blocking it?

You cant compare Morphine to sub's........they work differently.

Doctors prescribe morphine for pain to patients & hydro for breakthrough pain all the time, so if morphine blocked the effects of hydro, do you think they would prescribe them together?

How is this false ? All things aside everyones chemistry is different but I have to take around a gram of morphine now (oral) to keep me from withdrawing . I take 540mg of oxycodone a day! Morphine oral dose nothing for me about a week ago I ran low on Oxy before my script ,and I was out of PFBF and it took 960mg of morphine to keep me out of withdrawals ., I think and believe everyone is different so I am just stating to me Hydro is identical mg per mg for me to morphine. Maybe not so true for others but I know my body well .

Doctors prescribe morphine for pain to patients & hydro for breakthrough pain all the time, so if morphine blocked the effects of hydro, do you think they would prescribe them together?

Your right man! Apparently mine and your bodies are the same . I think hydro is the same . I personally can not tell the difference the Oral route . Now snorting morphine blows hydr away though .

I think the reason most sites state hydro is 1:1 with oral morphine is because not many peoples body's can break down morphine as well.

My doctor as well as pharmacist told me this not a site . Just thought I would say . Although morphine is stronger snorted , IV or rectal ,but the OP didn't say anything about routes so I assumed Oral (the most conman route)

Well that's what I'm trying to figure out. How does it work exactly? For example suboxone works by binding very tightly to the opoid receptors and not letting in other opiates because of this strong affinity.

Can someone explain to me why this would not be the case with other opiates like morphine and hydrocodone. because I took 70mg of hydro after taking 60mg of oral morphine about an hour before, and I really didn't feel the hydrocodone kick in.

I'm just trying to figure out the science behind this receptor affinity stuff and blockage of other opiates through it.

I've read the oral conversion but... IV morphine is on-par, if not stronger.

I've read the oral conversion but... IV morphine is on-par, if not stronger.

Can we please stay on topic though or make another thread for comparing potency because that's not what I'm asking about, thanks.

Well that's what I'm trying to figure out. How does it work exactly? For example suboxone works by binding very tightly to the opoid receptors and not letting in other opiates because of this strong affinity.

Can someone explain to me why this would not be the case with other opiates like morphine and hydrocodone. because I took 70mg of hydro after taking 60mg of oral morphine about an hour before, and I really didn't feel the hydrocodone kick in.

I'm just trying to figure out the science behind this receptor affinity stuff and blockage of other opiates through it.

You want feel it kick in . It would just take over the morphine in a 1:1 ratio and extend the experience if you know what I am saying . Its 1:1 so you would not get high or even know you took any hydro . Just 10mg more then the morphine . Hope you get to where I am coming from .

Hell dog I sell morphine ,and have had many people choose hydro of morphine . Out of hydrocodone , Oxycodone , Morphine everyone chooses Oxycodone overall , Hydro next then morphine last . BTW suboxone can not stop fentanyl or any derivative of it . PFBF completely blows past even Naloxone . :)

Last edited:
You want feel it kick in . It would just take over the morphine in a 1:1 ratio and extend the experience if you know what I am saying . Its 1:1 so you would not get high or even know you took any hydro . Just 10mg more then the morphine . Hope you get to where I am coming from .

Hell dog I sell morphine ,and have had many people choose hydro of morphine . Out of hydrocodone , Oxycodone , Morphine everyone chooses Oxycodone overall , Hydro next then morphine last . BTW suboxone can not stop fentanyl or any derivative of it . PFBF completely blows past even Naloxone . :)

Ok it kinda makes sense but still if I dose hydro alone i can redose and i always feel the little rush and then the high gets stronger, not just longer and unnoticble. Although it may just be my tollerence I have been using coupel hundred mg of both for 3 days in a row.

Even benedryl isnt making me drouwsy and i took 150mg already, very odd, was hoping to catch a nod, should I keep taking more until I'm there or is it useless?

If you were to fill every receptor with morphine (until your about Nodding out), using the hydro would not cause any change in effect (due to binding affinity). However, with empty receptor sites the hydro will still bond to free receptors without displacing the morphine and increasing the effects (in the case you take morphine first) if you however took the hydro first, depending on how much morphine you take, some of it will be displaced by morphine (again because of affinity) which could cause a small waste if you do not dose perfectly. This is the same logic that applies to how bupe can cause precipitated withdrawals but ONLY if taken after using something with a lower affinity, if the order is switched they can become synergistic.

Last edited:
If you were to fill every receptor with morphine (until your about Nodding out), using the hydro would not cause any change in effect (due to binding affinity). However, with empty receptor sites the hydro will still bond to free receptors without displacing the morphine and increasing the effects (in the case you take morphine first) if you however took the hydro first, depending on how much morphine you take, some of it will be displaced by morphine (again because of affinity) which could cause a small waste if you do not does perfectly. This is the same logic that applies to how bupe can cause precipitated withdrawals but ONLY if taken after using something with a lower affinity, if the order is switched they can become synergistic.

Thanks that's pretty much spot on the answer I was looking for.

If you were to fill every receptor with morphine (until your about Nodding out), using the hydro would not cause any change in effect (due to binding affinity). However, with empty receptor sites the hydro will still bond to free receptors without displacing the morphine and increasing the effects (in the case you take morphine first) if you however took the hydro first, depending on how much morphine you take, some of it will be displaced by morphine (again because of affinity) which could cause a small waste if you do not dose perfectly. This is the same logic that applies to how bupe can cause precipitated withdrawals but ONLY if taken after using something with a lower affinity, if the order is switched they can become synergistic.

This is an excellent answer.......well done!