• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Effects of Long Term DXM Usage - Personal Experience

I just do plain Dex/Guafinisen, is that safer? Somewhat concerned with stories I been reading about long term use, like using a few months now at about 100-200mg a day……

I used dxm weekly for a couple of months when I was 16. Once, sometimes twice a week. Similar doses to you, on the higher side.

I noticed all sorts of fucked to side effects which is why I stopped but I certainly found it addictive in some way. I remember walking to the chemist at 8am on my day off to get syrup so I could trip ASAP and as I was walking I almost woke up and was like wtf am I doing. That's when I stopped.

But yeah I had similar paranoia at night, shadow people, no appetite, and generally was just.. Not in a good place. I felt hollow. One of the worst side effects was language - for about a day after each trip I would have intense difficulty trying to remember simple words. It was hard to hold a conversation.

Also on the appetite thing - found it impossible to eat on it or even the few hours after. I tried to eat a big mac about 2hrs after coming down and it tastes like literal garbage.

Fuck dxm. Its a shit drug. Has a whole bunch of bad side effects both short and long and if you regularly use quickly becomes habit forming. The trip its self is average at best and to me a waste of time. I suggest to anyone: don't use it and if you do use it then stop.