EDC Electric Daisy Carnival 2010?

Looking at pics and that video shit looked out of control this year! lol. I'm kinda glad I missed it this year.

I've never, ever seen the appeal of the main stage. I could. not. believe. that it was that packed in the stadium.

Glad everyone had a good & safe time though with no cars stolen or dumb shit like that.

Hehe, yeah I arranged for a ride this year so no car stolen for me this time.

However, some dumb fuck gangster came up to me and my friends afterwards and started saying "you baaang fools?!?! you baaaaaaaang?!?! 13th street!"

Gah... How pathetic can it get...

If they're moving it to the polo fields, im never going to EDC again. I will not take part in the poisoning of the holy land.

Its sad but its true. I think no matter where this party goes there will always be one death at least. It's really too bad that now there are so many people who water down and destroy the experience for everyone. When parties get so out of control that cities like LA can't even hold them or don't want to be responsible it really shows how much of a black eye this culture has and it's only getting worse.

I highly agree with everyrhing uve said.

Hehe, yeah I arranged for a ride this year so no car stolen for me this time.

However, some dumb fuck gangster came up to me and my friends afterwards and started saying "you baaang fools?!?! you baaaaaaaang?!?! 13th street!"

Gah... How pathetic can it get...

Shoulda banged him in his chin w/ ur fist.

You know what really controls movements though right?

$$$$

With these massives I've always felt like there was a lot of money being exchanged near the top with permits and maybe bribes. Then when the event comes there are all these people that have to deal with the actual mess that aren't getting anything out of it except a tough job. I always feel like there is some kind of resentment coming from the law enforcement on site; Resentment against not only the party goers but the higher ups that are allowing it to happen.

Then again I'm usually on LSD so I might just be trippin.

Last edited:
You know what really controls movements though right?

$$$$

With these massives I've always felt like there was a lot of money being exchanged near the top with permits and maybe bribes. Then when the event comes there are all these people that have to deal with the actual mess that aren't getting anything out of it except a tough job. I always feel like there is some kind of resentment coming from the law enforcement on site; Resentment against not only the party goers but the higher ups that are allowing it to happen.

Then again I'm usually on LSD so I might just be trippin.

Ha! You're right though. The coliseum made over three figures with event. Who knows how much insomniac made. While the security was probably getting paid $10 hr.

Ha! You're right though. The coliseum made over three figures with event. Who knows how much insomniac made. While the security was probably getting paid $10 hr.

3 figures is 100$-999$.......six figures is 100,000 thru 999,999 and seven figures is 1,000,000...lol not flaming, the colieseum is cheap to rent, the state almost sold it for jsut a few million, insomniac could buy it if they want...

I would bet it's in the 7 figure range. You have what? ~180,000 tickets sold at around $70 a ticket? Sure it's expensive to throw but I'll bet there is a 7 figure margin in there.

Is this all ravers think about nowadays? getting into fights? :\

I've seen plenty at EDC that I don't think I want to go to another massive again. What happened to the love?

Its bcome smash or b smashed it seems. I think we need to protect r scene and the comment i quoted is imho the prob with r scene. The gangsters. Sry 2 sound flamy if it came off that was

I would bet it's in the 7 figure range. You have what? ~180,000 tickets sold at around $70 a ticket? Sure it's expensive to throw but I'll bet there is a 7 figure margin in there.

definitely Damien... they probably made more than we could ever imagine.... water 5 bucks a plate of food 15-20 bucks... :|

Happens at all festivals so EDC lovers don't take anything said personal... oh and btw I heard from multiple peopl;e that have gone at least 3 or 4 years in a row this was the best year they have attended so far..... thizz, other veterans, what are your opinions...

and personally I think EDC will take place at the same venue, from what I understand.. the venue is barely used and they are making such massive amounts of loot and the city gets such a big chunk that 1 death (that may or may not have had ANYTHING to to with edc, more like mixing drugs+too much of them+partying at an after party or at a house party afterwards since she didnt actually die at the event....) and about 1% were checked by mparamedics for dehydration ... well again.... its fucking LA, 2.. water = 5 bucks... 3. peoples priorities are out of order.. "hmmmm 1 more pilll or 4 bottles of water for the day?" Or "should I buy these last couple alcoholic drinks or save a bit for water, nope...."

As long as the city of LA gets the largest profit out of using the current venue they aren't switching unless a true tradgedy goes down next year (Like 10,000 peopel rush the gate and over 200 get trampled or something) hate to get vivid but thats what it would take imo to change venues... And every year im sure the city reaches there hands out and expect just a little more off the top of the profit. Shit.. I would be surprised... if they get 8-10 percent total profit after taxes, paying the city workers, the venue costs.... etc.....

Like Miami has Ultra... its gotten so big and Miami takes in SOOOO much money that the cops are basically payed to look the other way and their presence inside the venue was limited (only saw 4-10 over two whole days, and bumped into 3 or 4 suspected undercover's, that weren't too pushy and got the hint when I let them know I knew who THEY were) Anything goes at Ultra these days, literally I saw things I NEVER thought security or police would turn a blind eye to, but they did. Underage patrons sniffing hard drugs right out of bags in the open air, marijuana smoke plumes everywhere, hand offs every 5 minutes or less, some crazy sex shit even went down lol and security (which I only saw (30-40 security.. ahhh maybe 50 total between two days) just didnt do anything. I think I saw 1 person get arrested for fighting, disobeying security, and then ignoring 2 officers.. I already feel like ive gone into too mcuh detail but you get the point... if an event brings in enough money the city will look the other way at a few o.d.'s, dehydration hospitalizations, etc...... now next year miami has given them the go ahead to make Ultra 3 days long and rumour is they wil be going from noon till past midnight each night (I heard 3-5 am shut down each night) and im sure it will sell out all three days... Now imagine the money in Miami 3 day Ultra event that would go 16 hours each day.... thats 48 hours of raving total, and for them 48 hours of money to be made. water, food, atm withdrawl fees, glowsticks, sun screen, cigs, you name it .. everything.... I could see a total income of about 50 million from 3 days of Ultra selling out (not profit, income), including tickets, merchandise, food, etc..... toss the city 3-4 million and im sure they will shut up, as well as loo kthe other way at illegal activities. And don't forget the taxes from Ultra sales over 3 days which could easily bring in another mill.

That bum rushing is dumb.

just missed getting onto coliseum floor sat. got to the stairs fast as i could to look for some luck, like maybe they would let people through or something.

People started lining up behind me, one dude literally was jumping on us, pretending to be falling down b/c people were pushing or whatever.

so for a while I was supporting his weight, trying not to fall over onto the security guard at the bottom... and then after a while he was like, all cheery, "Want to switch places?"

fucking asshole(s). fortunately, beat it the hell out of there before shit got messy.

oh and btw I heard from multiple peopl;e that have gone at least 3 or 4 years in a row this was the best year they have attended so far..... thizz, other veterans, what are your opinions...

I went back in 08, but from my experience I highly disagree with that. Those are my thoughts.

But with everything else you stated.. Agree with you 100%

Oh yea i forgot to post but i met and took pictures with the kid from two and a half men in the top of the coliseum! I wud post here but accts fucked up i cant post images.

^Are you sure it was him?

One thing I've noticed about rolling is that I tend to think I see celebrities and/or people I know at virtually every rave I go to. At the Palladium last February, I was certain my friends and I had run into Jesse James. We started talking to him and taking pictures of him, realized when we got home and sobered up that the dude looked nothing like him, lol.
At TAO I was freaking out because I thought for sure I had seen my little brother rolling balls in the crowd. At Nocturnal last year I was convinced I had seen my ex-girlfriend from high school and tried chasing her down half the night.

Something about MDMA makes me think I recognize people all the time, lol.

Yes, theres something very wrong going on with the scene lately. All this gangster shit and fighting is really making me not want to be apart of that scene anymore. If its going to continue to be this way or get worse, then I'm not going to attend EDC ever again. Gangsters and fighting are NOT my thing. It almost makes me sick to my stomach to have to be associated with that kind of image if I want to go to a massive nowadays.